[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate how desperate I am for companionship and friendship. When

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Crash Bandicoot.gif (333KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Crash Bandicoot.gif
333KB, 150x150px
I hate how desperate I am for companionship and friendship. When I meet and hang out with someone I like, I always get too ahead of myself
>well i need a gym partner
>are you dating anyone?
>if you need someone to drink with...
I think it overwhelms them and it makes me come off as pathetic. I just moved here a week ago, but I can't help but think it's hindering me. Am I thinking too much?
>>
they can sense your desperation. Act like you don't care whether or not they join you.

"hey man, want to join me at the gym later this week? no problem mate maybe another time"

"Hey, would you like to go see a movie this weekend? X looks pretty good."

"Hey bro, you want to grab a beer after work?"

the way you phrased your ideas in the original post are off-putting because it makes it seem like you're seeking the validation of other people.

people are more likely to join you if you appear to be comfortable in your own skin, whether they give a shit or not.
>>
>>18271336
Yeah that's true I guess. I never realised that it sounded that way until now. I was actually with a girl I met on Tinder when I asked this among other questions that were probably just as off-putting. Is it as simple as changing my wording, or is there a bigger issue I should be solving?
>>
>>18271356
just remember that a woman wants to lose herself and feel secure in your masculinity.

you're living YOUR life. YOU are the primary character of this story. People will inevitably drift in and out of your life.

Don't be desperate. the older you get, the more your market value increases. at your age women are overvalued, but by the time you're thirty or fourty it will be a man's market.
>>
>>18271370
I understand my market value increases over time but I'm not waiting until I'm 30/40. I do shitloads of stuff but I'm no longer enjoying things on my own. In fact after that date, even though we had a good time and connected aside from my off-putting desperateness, I came home unsatisfied

I used to enjoy my life on my own basically absolutely isolated, but since I had friendships and relationships abroad I've craved it so much at home. I feel like my ambitions will happen over time, and yes I work on them, but there's a lot of time inbetween and it seems like I can't enjoy it on my own

I'm not too masculine unfortunately, in fact we hiked and she was much better than me, but I'm going to the gym and trying to feel more secure about myself to see if this can change
>>
>>18271336
not OP, but same boat
Is there a way to recover conversations once they've caught on to the desperation?
>>
>>18271211

maybe. when you meet someone just aim for exchanging numbers.

then aim to hang out with them once in about a week / week and a half

and if that goes well, invite them to the more intimate specific things that aren't necessarily casual like gym dates or drinks.
>>
Sounds to me that you just suck at asking people out.

>well i need a gym partner
You can change that for "working out alone is boring, wanna join me next time?"
>are you dating anyone?
This... is actually not bad, maybe you're right that you just drop this one too soon.
>if you need someone to drink with...
No, fucking no, you say "let's go grab a drink [date]".
>>
>>18271336
This guy is a faggot. Do not, I repeat, do not ask people using "would you like to" or "do you want to" and specially do not fucking say "no problem mate maybe another time". That makes you sound insecure.
>>
>>18271413
Yeah I guess I do. When I type it out I can ask people out fine, and I usually ask in the ways you typed, but when it comes to natural conversation this is just how it goes out

It was a Tinder date where we meet and see where things go. Maybe it was a bit more expected than just meeting someone random?

>>18271411
I already got her number, even though my cellular isn't working. Thanks for the time frames and suggestions though
>>
All this advice is bullshit. If you people like you when you talk to them you don't have to ask in some special aloof way to get them to do things with you. If you do they just weren't that interested in spending time with you in the first place.
>>
>>18271455
Really, things like this are just social skills. Small things like this do play a factor in what they think of you, whether it's good or not. I want to agree with you, but I just can't. Nothing in this world is that easy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.