[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, this might be a very specific case, but I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/,
this might be a very specific case, but I thought I'll give it a try and maybe you come up with some good ideas what to do.
Also sorry for my fucked up English.

I work at a youth center where we provide different workshops and a café for children. We also have a holiday care so parents can bring their kids to us when they have to work, which used to be my favorite shift. Now the fucking daughter of my boss started working there during all holidays and she's a real nightmare. During the first holiday care, I didn't know what kind of character she were, so I didn't give much attention and just did my thing - I spent most of my time (at least 5 hours a day) in the sport hall playing ball games with the kids. It's what they like most, so I usually ended up looking after more children than anyone else there. I'm relatively new there, so I'm still rather enthusiastic and don't mind doing some extra work here and there.
I also never take my break because my entire work contains of playing with children, so I usually just sit down for 5 minutes to catch a break and solve some crossword riddles or something. One day, I was really fucking tired after playing for five hours straight (I also have to do pretty much all the "hard" work there, because we're only a few guys under many women who would never do shit like carrying tables around and whatnot), so I sat in the café for 20-30 minutes, which happened to be my regular break.

(cont.)
>>
>>18270126
Fast forward a week. We're in a team sitting and the boss asks us about the holiday care and how it went. Then he jokes "Well, I heard anon spent most of the time behind the counter doing crosswords." As it turns out, his daughter's on a mission to make sure that I'm a good caretaker, but she never actually entered the sport hall because that would mean she has to work. All she ever does is sit in the cafe and play board games with the kids, so the only thing she saw from me during the holidays was me taking a break.
Of course I tried to explain that during the meeting. I actually like my boss and showed many times that I'm working rather hard, so he didn't think too much of it. He believes all the shit his daughter tells him, but he also takes into account that that was just what she saw and not what really happend.

cont.
>>
>>18270127
Anyway, now I knew that she's spying on me, so I was prepared to work my ass off during the next holidays.
While she was just sitting around, I basically entertained 50 children on my own and prepared some pretty cool workshops and whatnot (she prepared one, but she ended up not doing it because she didn't feel like it).
However, after talking to my boss one week later, he mentioned that I let too many things slide, which can lead to accidents - I observe too long before I actually go in and stop the kids. That's actually a somewhat fair complaint, because, as I said, I'm relatively new and I sometimes lack the confidence to stop a bunch of raging kids from creating havoc.
For example, the kids put all their backpacks on the floor of the café and I didn't think too much of it. My boss came in and saw it, so he told me that other children could trip, which makes this a potential security threat.
I told everyone to get those backpacks away and that was the end of the story. The only thing that bothered me was that only I got lectured, even though EVERY caretaker was in the room, as well. On the next day, I was in the Garden, cleaning up cut-off branches from the heck and doing some other things, to minimize the security hazards there. When I came in, I saw the backpacks back on the floor and told all children to remove them. What I didn't know was that my boss already saw them lying there and he was mad as shit because it happened again - and of course, it was my fault again.
That still bugs me, but before I go too much off-topic, lets talk about what his daughter told him again.
>>
>>18270131

I asked my boss if he could remember what his daughter told him this time and what I did wrong, so I could learn from my mistakes. He couldn't remember most of it and most things were unimportant crap. For example, I don't mind when children touch my bald head or pull my beard while playing, as long as they don't overstep their boundaries. It's not fucking school and they are there to have some fun, we're caretakers, not teachers.
The biggest "complaint" was that one of our trainees, a 13-year-old boy, took the shoes from a child and didn't want to give it back. I was in the same room and I didn't give a shit, because in my eyes, they were just messing around. When the shoeless girl came to the counter and complained about her missing shoe, of course I told the trainee to stop with that shit. However, the fact that I didn't interfere sooner was a no-go in her eyes and my boss agrees. It still bothers me that SHE never interfered and neither did all the other caretakers. Also, I was working during that time and couldn't just stop cleaning up to deal with that bullshit when so many other people are around.
I told my boss to be more strict and that was the end of the conversation.
>>
>>18270135
After that, I'm still grumpy about the whole situation because there are so many things I should have told him.
For example, during the second holiday care, the others wanted me to take some letters to the office. When I came back, the entire cafe was a mess. At least 4 young girls were behind the counter (which is something they are NEVER allowed to do because we have expensive shit there), standing around my bosses daughter, who was flattening some iron-on beads with a hot fucking flatiron in her hand. If I would do that shit, my boss would kill me. I threw all the girls out, because no one else did. Then I realized that the caretaker who sent me to the post office and promised me to keep an eye on the children playing in the garden was gone - instead, she left the young trainee alone with all the kids. After confronting her with that bullshit, she just said "that's okay". I can't really complain because I'm just an apprentice and they are more or less all my bosses. Another thing I noticed was when my bosses daughter sat on the couch doing absolutely nothing while two kids sitting on the couch next to her constantly kicked each other. Needless to say, my boss never heard about any of those stories.
>>
>>18270139
Should I just go and tell my boss about all the shit going on? He's a reasonable person but he's also ignorant when it comes to his family, so he'd believe everything his daughter says. She's not completely evil so I guess there's a chance she'd acknowledge her mistakes, however, there's also a chance that she'll just end up lying, which would make me the idiot again.

Maybe I should leave my boss out of it and confront her personally by telling her that I don't want to see mistakes like that again from her and that I don't appreciate her spying on me. If there's a problem with me, she can just fucking TELL my straight to my face. She's always there, observing, so if she doesn't step in, it's her fault as well.

Maybe you guys come up with some more ideas, because the whole situation makes me angry right now.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.