[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to a nightclub for a friend's friend's birthday.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 5

File: 1400257622298.webm (133KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1400257622298.webm
133KB, 384x216px
Going to a nightclub for a friend's friend's birthday.
How do I drop the autism and try to talk to people?
>>
>>18269779
>nightclub
the dance floor will be too loud to talk

but in the bar area... tell your friends that you see someone and you're going to talk to them. If your friends aren't shit, they'll give you advice on the spot or they'll tell you how they would approach.

Or just dance and have fun. don't overthink anything.
>>
mingle with people in the birthday group, since youll have a common connection. then talk to others in the club if necessary. make sure to dance a few times
>>
>>18269810
>>18269825
Yeah I'm def planning on dancing at least
Im only friends with one of these people, and they're all 5 girls apart from one other guy.
>>
>>18269779

If you really find a girl pretty, tell her a compliment. Try not to be too creepy.
>>
>>18269779
get a little drunk
the rest will sort itself out
>>
>>18270552
this. alcohol does wonders for socialization. both good and bad wonders, but wonders nonetheless.
>>
File: 1493027383245.png (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1493027383245.png
5KB, 160x160px
>>18270552
>>18270574
Getting drunk doesn't seem to help me much actually, I'm still too self conscious
>>
>>18269779
>How do I try to talk to people?

Talk to them and usually they will talk back and if you're good you can keep this up for a good amount of time.
>>
Alcohol is the best social lubricant

You can talk to the other guests for starters. If there's someone you don't know, try asking where they met the party host. That's probably the best opener to talking to anyone there.

If you eventually befriend a guy, start talking about girls, then girls in the club, then approaches and so on. Maybe you get some wingman. Getting drunk eases this because we'll talk shit about girls without holding back lol.

If you make friends with one of the girls, start a subject and just keep them talking. Girls feel important this way, because it doesn't look like you're trying to get in their pants. Show interest in them, asking what they study, who are her friends there and so on.

Friendly remainder though, that people are assholes around their friends. Sometimes they aren't on the mood to socialize and just want to keep to their acquaintances. So if by any chance you're ignored, or people look bored, just drop it and don't feel bad for it.
>>
>>18270737
Thanks! I already know everyone here on an acquaintance level so I might just choose one of them to chat with, but if that doesn't work out I'll try with some random person in the club when I get somewhat drunk.
Should I try to find someone alone?
>>
About to head into the club
Any last minute advice lads?
>>
>>18271421
Dont drink more than 1 beer an hour and max 3 beers for the whole night.
>>
Also
>One guy and girl are a couple
>One girl I don't want to fug and she is most likely going to try to hook up with a guy
>My friend is going to try to hook up with a guy
So talking in the group is kind of a no go, and I really don't just want to be alone all night

Someone give me a foolproof step by step guide on not being lonely af tonight. Getting a fug isn't a concern
>>
>>18271445
Spend time with the couple and a stranger girl of your choosing. The couple will make you look like a normie. But dont be a third wheel for the whole night. Get to know a girl.
>>
>>18271463
I'd like to get to know stranger girl but it's a matter of not knowing who to approach, what to say, how to extend the conversation, if I should bother flirting, etc.
>>
>>18269779
Try and focus on the people around you feeling comfortable and having a good time. Buy them drinks. Drink too, but not too much. If there are drugs like mdma or coke, do them, but not to much. Smell nice. Smile, make eye contact. Try and find the person you can relate to most in the group of people and try and gt them to laugh. If you can't find anyone you can relate too, mingle with strangers until you do. Watch Drake in this video. Be yourself, be honest, but don't be negative. Remember, people go out to have a good time! watch Drake in this music video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL1UzIK-flA
>>
>>18271477
Talk to everyone you would fug. You know very soon after they open their mouths if you wanna know them. In club environment its easy to walk away from an uninteresting girl. Keep validating them like this and youll not only find the best Girls for you but youll come off as confident.
>>
>>18271486
>>18271488
Thanks!
Should I try even if someone is in a group?
>>
How do you dance?
>>
>>18271498
Probably like a flailing retard
Have no fucking idea how to dance with a wimmin
>>
>>18269779
as long as you aren't a piece of shit like half of the people on 4chan, beign shy is not a big deal and you should do alright
>>
>>18271493
If they're with other chicks, then yeah. If they're with another guy, then maybe not. It all depends on the context.
>>
>>18271493
Yeah but if its a girl group, good luck. You need to acknowledge the other people in the group like "whats up guyz" first.
>>
>>18271493
yeah! for sure! people go out to bars to meet new people, not to only chat with their friends. if you don't know how to start a conversation, offer to buy them a shot. Then small talk till they get drunk. If you complement a girl, complement her on her smile, eyes, or something she is wearing. Ask her if there is a story behind it. Listen.
>>
>>18271510
No you don't. Not even a little bit.
>>
>>18271502

I was asking for advice myself.

I literally don't understand dancing
>>
>>18271515
Do explain. You're wrong btw
>>
>>18271510
You don't have to do this. But if you find a girl group, start talking to the girl you are sitting closest too, don't go for someone in the middle of the group, just because they are hot. That's awkward. Smooze her friends a bit and slowly make your way over to her, when/if it's appropriate.
>>
File: IMG_20170218_214549857.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170218_214549857.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>18271520
O-oh sorry anon
>>
After a couple of attempts, I think it's actually impossible to talk to someone you don't already know in the club.

It's one of the most pointless things I have ever spent my time doing.
>>
>>18271521
uh, no. I'm a girl. it's literally retarded to talk to a group of people like they are a singular person. You do talk to each girl, but one at a time. The idea is to find someone you can communicate well with/have a good time.
>>
>>18271532
Because of the loud music? Talk to people on the bar table waiting for drinks?
>>
>>18271532
You are either too sober, and/or need to brush up on how to make small talk with people. I'm sure there are some youtube videos that can teach you how.
>>
>>18271534

How do I approach a girl who's in a group and talk to her without feeling awkward as fuck in front of her friends?
>>
>>18271538
>>18271540

Because of the loud music and also because it's just weird 99% of the time. They have to actually like you from the 0.5 seconds they spent judging your appearance. Not to say I haven't met "friends" at clubs but a few weeks ago I went by myself and saw that guys who were trying to talk to girls kept getting blown out 9 times out of 10.
>>
>>18271534
No you got me wrong my love. I meant just an opener that acknowledges the group. It really depends on the situation. Btw how does a girl like you end up on 4chan? :)
>>
>>18271543
You wait till you can sit down RIGHT next to her. Only talk to people you are sitting next to. If there is an empty seat between two people, that's where you are going to sit. If you discover don't like those people, get up and find someone else to sit next to. Talk to LOTS of people, and don't hesitate to get up and leave if you don't hit it off.
>>
The fact that you're asking about this stuff and being mechanical about it is gonna make you crash and burn
>>
>>18271556

Even if she's with her friends?

Also, can decent girls be found at bars? Or are most there just for dick?
>>
>>18271550
Find a better bar/club. Sometimes a whole bar crowd can suck. The kind of people who go to tiny bars or live music generally suck less than people who go to ultra lounges with super loud music. Also, The time of night matters. Ideally you don't want to get to a bar to early OR too late. get there too early and people are uptight and sober, get there to late and people are too tired/drunk to socialize. Every club is diffrent, but Ideally 11-1am is the best time.
>>
>>18271551
Trust me, you don't need to acknowledge the group. They know they are in a group. If there are a couple friends, you might ask them what they are up to, what brings them out tonight, but that's really it. As a general rule, you don't want to talk to more than one person at a time.

Lots of posters are female on 4chan, you just assume they are male ;)
>>
>>18271563
>can decent girls be found at bars? Or are most there just for dick?
Attention with a possibility of dick. Also just simply getting drunk. Women are sluts desuuuuu
>>
>>18270658
you're not drinking hard enough

unironically drink liquor and follow with water if it's too rough. measure yourself slowly and wait until your face is warm and smiley

be careful at that point because anymore liquor past that point will bring you downhill fast
>>
File: 1493062582278.png (244KB, 482x470px) Image search: [Google]
1493062582278.png
244KB, 482x470px
>>18271560
I know anon, this shit is too new to me after being a shut in for a while
>>
>>18271563
Yep, even if she is there with friends.

Avoid rating/ranking girls, it's maladaptive. Just get out there and socialize.

Guys go to bars for pussy. 99% of women go to bars to dance,drink and socialize. All except for the girl still there at last call. She's there for dick.
>>
>>18271588

That's disappointing. I don't know where else to meet girls. I'm generally very busy in my life, and I'm not typically around girls to interact with them. I can't just approach some random girl on the street
>>
>>18271585
You didnt answer me gurl. You just tell me the statistics for you to not stand out so much. You still do a little ;)
>>
>>18271588
Nope. Wrong again.
>>
>>18271569
I've been to big bars and I've been to smaller ones. In my experience the smaller ones suck even more especially if you're alone cause those bars tend to already have an established community of regulars, I tried talking to a woman last week in a smaller bar and she wouldn't give me the time of day cause she felt like she was being watched by everyone she knew and this stranger nerd was being weird chatting her up. And then last night I tried talking to 3 completely drunk strangers, 2 girls and a guy, and they were beyond rude, loud and obnoxious.

Maybe it's cause I'm a noob at all this and have been to clubs and bars about 10 times total in my life. I had a good time when I was with other people but when I was alone I was just miserable and awkwardly looking at my phone. I figure if I keep doing it longer I'll get "used to it" but the entire culture of it just doesn't seem endearing to me, like I can understand why people do it, but it's definitely not for everyone.
>>
>>18271598

Ok I'll try that I guess.

I'm not looking for a slut. I'm not a slut myself, so I would just like to find a decent girl to date
>>
>>18271602
I've been here since 2005, nigga. I'm not ugly/gross either like you might expect. Idk why I'm here. I guess 4chan just provides a space for a part of me that has nowhere else to go.
>>
Shit dude. I love socializing. I just don't know what to talk about to complete strangers.
>>
>>18271599
>I can't just approach some random girl on the street
Yes you can, I did it last night, ran like a block to say hello, she jumped away like 2 steps though, said she was pretty can we walk and talk blah blah, but then she said she was engaged and we parted ways.

I doubt she would ever remember me if she saw me again, and I doubt I'd remember her if I ever saw her again. Literally no stigma whatsoever in just talking to people in the streets unless you make it weird
>>
>>18271612
It's because you are a noob. Awkward encounters like this are totally normal. Don't let it get you down. Keep trying!

You should definately try and go with friends though :)
>>
>>18271614
Don't even look at that seriously. Your only goal should be having fun in the moment. That's what counts.
>>
>>18271617
Why do you keep defending yourself. You a beauty. Relax now.
>>
>>18271629
Buddy I know all about awkward encounters, it's just that doing them in a bar is more annoying for me cause there's this loud music blaring and it's annoying to have to speak 100 decibels higher than you usually do. Compared to how I was starting off, I can go to a bar or dance party and have fun by myself even if I don't get a phone number or girl, but if you're looking for people to date that's about the last place you should start looking imho. Find an interest group and go to that, make friends there THEN go to a club/bar.

>You should definately try and go with friends though :)
This was the point I was making. If you go with people you know you're gonna enjoy yourself completely. If you go alone you're gonna be that guy standing awkwardly in the corner looking at your phone or swaying around aimlessly on the dance floor with no partner.
>>
>>18271622
Just treat girls at bars like an Ask the Opposite Gender Anything thread. Literally ask them for tips on how to suck less at socializing in bars. Say you are new to drinking/bars and need their advice. Girls love giving advice.
>>
>>18271641
This is the kind of autismo esque socializing can get behind
>>
>>18271641
Lol so reveal your power level at bars. K.
>>
>>18271632

But what am I accomplishing then? I want to find a nice girl to travel with. Spending money on a girl at a bar who just wants sex does nothing for me.
>>
>>18271656
>I want to find a nice girl to travel with
You won't find them in a bar I can tell ya that
>>
>>18271662

Well where can I find one then? I really don't know how else to meet girls.

I just want a cute girl who wants to go on a lot of trips with me.
>>
>>18271648
It's not autistic, it's honest. You might even get some solid advice. Besides, it takes care of not knowing what to talk about for a bit. Take shots with them first tho~

I'm a girl and do this all the time. People at bars respond well to you if you dress hot while approaching people and asking them for advice about how to be cooler. Make sure to reiterate whatever stupid tips they give you, but laugh to show you are not at all serious about any of it.
>>
>>18271662
Cuck
>>
>>18271656
Then don't go at all, if that's your attitude.
>>
>>18271672
>I'm a girl and-
DROPPED
>>
>>18271676

But I'm not looking for sex.

I just don't know where else meet girls. Literally anytime I ask someone where I can meet girls, every time I'm told "bars and clubs"
>>
>>18271674
k
>>
>>18271687
well that's great, most girls art bars are not either.
>>
>>18271683
negative nancy
>>
>>18271692

yeah but I'm not a Uni student. So it's not like I can just go outside and find girls my age.

I don't see girls at the gym, I don't see girls other than middle aged mothers at the grocery store, I am not around women at work. I am just not around them. There is one girl where I work, and I asked her one time where to meet girls and she literally said "your best bet is to go to the bar"
>>
>>18271651
I'm an exotic dancer, and I made 7k in 10 days once without sleeping with anyone.
>>
>>18271709
Once you are happy with your life, and passionate about your career, you will draw people to you. You won't need to go looking for them.
>>
>>18271718
Found the cuck.
>>
>>18271718

I'm very into my career. It means a lot to me.

But again, how am I suppose to just have people be "drawn" to me? If women don't exist, how will they just be drawn to me? You're saying some random girl is just going to approach me at the grocery store one day?

I wish this meme would die
>>
>>18271726
You don't work with anyone cool?
>>
>>18271710
And your father must be proud.

>>18271726
Dont listen to that anon. You must take the iniative, always.
>>
>>18271727

I'm 25, most of the people I work with are married, have kids, and are 35+ years old
>>
>>18271730

>You must take the iniative, always.

That's literally the only way for me to meet girls. I'd have to go way out of my way. Which, going to a bar is going way out of my way. But now I'm finding out that I won't find what I want there. Fuck me
>>
>>18271734
So cuck them with your youth. Their wives must lust for that 25 yo D.
>>
>>18271740
Go to bars you fool. Your cuck radar cant filter the shit adv yet
>>
>>18271755

I don't want to waste my time and money if it's just going to be a shit experience :/
>>
>>18271772
Try Tinder. Its free. Try bars a couple of times too. You need to be more positive man. Theres no chance a woman will think youre good with that attitude. But its an attitude so you can change it. Have some fun my man!
>>
>>18270658
You're just not drinking enough
>>
>>18271780

I've tried Tinder and the online thing in the past and it wasn't worth it.

I might try the bar thing.. I don't really enjoy drinking tho. It's just disappointing because I don't want to "fool around" or hook up with girls. I would just like 1 nice girl to travel all over the world with. I travel a lot, but I always go alone.

2 months ago I was on a Caribbean island on a completely empty beach all by myself. I wish I could have shared that with a nice QT
>>
>>18271795
Why do you tell me that. Im a dude holding my dick fappin. Tell some woman in bar and she gets wet if shes interested. Man.
>>
>>18271805

I don't see that happening
>>
>>18271811
You a cuck. With that attitude..
>>
>>18271747
there you go!
>>
>>18271805
this.
>>
>>18271780
>Try tinder
20 years from now this is gonna sound like really bad advice for most of my generation
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.