[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a bad quality or trait to have to be very dismissive of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: er.png (615KB, 802x633px) Image search: [Google]
er.png
615KB, 802x633px
Is it a bad quality or trait to have to be very dismissive of people? Even close friends of mine, if they do something that pisses me off, or i feel they are attacking my inner character, I drop them quickly and smoothly even if we have been friends for 5-6 years etc. Is this wrong?

I notice, whenever someone says something bad about me, i generally completely turn on them from being a nice good friend to being someone you do not want to be friends with. You could argue that my personality changes with how I am treated by someone, and I shun them from my life nomatter who they are.
>>
Yeah, of course. Are you perfect? Do people dismiss you every time you make a mistake?
>>
Because you know your fucked and they're unfolding that. We use speech to form our ideas in a way that makes sense. You're scared someone's gonna find out who you really are.
>>
>>18269639
With mistake I meant things that piss people off
>>
>>18269639
No I am not perfect, but at times i get bashed on my character which i feel needs to be stood up for by someone, and nobody else will do it but me.
>>18269642
Well most of my close friends know who i really am, but i still am able to toss them out if they act up
>>
>>18269649
You said it happens when they get personal. Their attacking your insecurities. People do this all the time to make them feel better.
>>
>>18269671
yeah i get you
>>
Considering that you decided to ask this question today regarding your tendency to cut ties with people in your life if/when they criticize you, it is fair to assume that you recently did so with someone.

Could you share a bit about what happened, what you were criticized of, etc?
>>
>>18270059
A certain friend always tells me to "google it" if i have any question on anything whether it is understanding an assignment in school, or a part of a game that I dont understand. If I ask another friend who is totally willing to help me, the friend in question always says "google it" or "do it yourself"

But if this friend comes to me for help with things that I am knowledgable about, im the first one to be more than glad to help in any way I can. Its totally unfair and im pissed off. I want to say dont ask me for anything every again because i no longer have the want to help him. But helping people is what my personality does best in. I dont know..
>>
>>18270093

not the anon you replied to.

have you tried telling him to "google it" or "do it yourself" and, if you did, how did he react?
>>
When friends piss me off I don't cut them off completely, I just take a break from them.

Recent examples,
>friend asks me to get him weed
>get it as a favor
>it goes from occasionally to every week
>tell him I'm not getting that shit every week
>he gets pissed and starts bringing up shit he did for me from over 10 years ago
>I drop the ban hammer
>months later we're back to being friends
>>
>>18270132
At the times he has asked me for help, I've forgotten how he is and willingly help him because its just the kind of person I am.
>>
Seems like you have a warped view of who/what you think you are.

Meditation would be of benefit.
>>
>>18270364
Can you explain what you mean by this?
>>
>>18270417
No, sorry.
>>
>>18270950
Okay lol
>>
>>18270289
That's your own fault then though. If it pisses you off, tell him. Could be he doesn't even realize he's doing that.
And if you've been friends for a longer period of time, he shouldn't just ignore that you have a problem with how he's acting sometimes.

Breaking up a friendship because of something small like someone telling you to "google it" seems almost childish to me.
>>
>>18269636
Yeah, you're fucked.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.