[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend is sad. Now that alone isn't defcon level but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0856.jpg (146KB, 1010x998px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.jpg
146KB, 1010x998px
Girlfriend is sad.

Now that alone isn't defcon level but it's one of many issues. She's not,statisticaly speaking, the most normal gf I've had. Mental health issues are, so far, Body Disfigurment disorder (nothing is actually disfigured in any way actually a qt3.14) and selective mutism. She covers her face constantly, going through checkouts is an interesting experience. Small store owners are constantly worried she's a thief, which is ironic cause the last gf was a clepto with a very loud sense of style. She's emotionally abusive, sometimes physical. I never hold it against her though, I know it's due in part to her previous family life. But tonight has me worried. By all accounts it was a good night, we went for a late night walk, enjoying each other. Watched Army of Darkness, had a drink. Then she just shut down, currently hiding in bed.

In conclusion, I'm not sure what else I can do. I never treat her as someone different, love her always. But i don't know if that's enough. What more can I do?
>>
>>18269148
Nothing.
It is not about you. You're not responsible for her happiness.

Encourage her to seek professional help, be kind to here and supportive.
>>
>>18269158
She has.

Prescribed medication and whatnot. Dunno if it helps or just numbs her.
>>
>>18269148
>selective mutism

Does she become completely uncommunicative or just nonverbal? Sometimes I have trouble verbalizing, and my boyfriend's been learning and trying to teach me sign language, though I mostly just use house signs so far. It helps when I feel very anxious in a social environment and want to send him a message but can't or won't get the words out, and sometimes is easier than talking.
>>
>>18269168
Depends on who and where.

Public places like grocery stores if she is too uncomfortable she'll stay silent, otherwise she talks. So far she talks to me and some family.

Never considered sign language, but unfortunately she's very negative towards herself and doesn't consider learning anything as a useful pursuit. Feels she's "too dumb". Funny cause her vocabulary is one of the aspects that attracted me in the first place.
>>
>>18269168
Oh uncommunicative I guess answers your question .
>>
>>18269148
>selective mutism
Sounds like a good trait for a woman to have. If she's just chilling in bed, let her. She will come out when she is ready. In the mean time just enjoy the precious silence.
>>
>>18269199
Yea. No.
>>
>>18269199
t. bitter man who married a bitch and blames all women for his poor decisions
>>
>>18269173
Fuck man I know the part about being too dumb. My gf is the exact same way. Easy time with languages and really good with words and arguing. Constantly talking me into corners when we argue. But somehow she thinks she is dumb.
>>
File: 1488330389415.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1488330389415.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
Stop enabling her. Shes using these mental health issues to throw you into a beta-orbit. Stand up to her or get ready for a miserable life.
>>
>>18269148

Is she open to therapy?

also for you:

"enabling" can describe dysfunctional behavior approaches that are intended to help resolve a specific problem but in fact may perpetuate or exacerbate the problem.[1][2] A common theme of enabling in this latter sense is that third parties take responsibility or blame, or make accommodations for a person's harmful conduct (often with the best of intentions, or from fear or insecurity which inhibits action). The practical effect is that the person himself or herself does not have to do so, and is shielded from awareness of the harm it may do, and the need or pressure to change.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling
>>
>>18269148
Just your love will never be enough for her. She is an emotional vampire. You will put your all into her and gain little back, especially in terms of respect. You are doing your best but she will never acknowledge that, your realize all the effort you expend on her. She will be a drain on you from all aspects.

How do I know this? I used to be like her (an emotional vampire) but not to her degree of serious. How did I change? I stopped when I pulled my head out of my ass and realized how toxic I was. Then it was just a road to recovery.

Not sure if your gf is introspective like that, or even willing to improve.

In short, you are not her personal therapist. You cannot and should not solve everything, every little percieved emotional problem she goes through. You have feelings, needs, thoughts, goals, and desires and it doesn't sound like she recognizes this.

Bottom line, leave her. You aren't compatible. I know you don't want to think about it. But in reality you deserve better, a relationship where there's mutual respect. Your current one doesn't really respect you.
>>
>>18269148

Why are you dating a 14 year old?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.