[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of my best friends was accused of rape tonight. He says it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 5

File: 2869006.jpg (470KB, 1950x1404px) Image search: [Google]
2869006.jpg
470KB, 1950x1404px
One of my best friends was accused of rape tonight. He says it was consensual and that she was drunk and is lying. I don't have all the details but I'm going with bros before hoes. This is not something he would do. Most of these cases are because the girl is a liar or a whore and trying to save her reputation or something, and this girl is a known slut. How can we prove that she is lying and responsible for her actions?
>>
>>18269070
Did this happen at a party? Any witnesses?
>>
>>18269077
All I know is that it was at a party. So I'm sure there were witnesses who saw them flirting together before this occurred.
>>
All he can really do is get a good lawyer if she decides to press charges. Good luck
>>
File: Shatner.jpg (58KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
Shatner.jpg
58KB, 618x412px
>>18269070
> One of my best friends was accused of rape tonight.
Accused how? Did she go to the cops? Have a rape kit done? Any formal charges?

> it was consensual and that she was drunk
She was drunk and he still fucked her? I hate to break it to you, but in some states that's rape.

> this girl is a known slut.
That doesn't give your friend a pass to rape her.

> How can we prove that she is lying and responsible for her actions?
He should have recorded her verbal consent before doing anything.

Good luck dude. Rape is 20+ years hard time.
>>
>>18269095
This really. Being drunk gives her the advantage, regardless if he was drunk too. Unless people happen to hear consent from her, your friend really has no defense.
>>
>>18269070
I've known more than one nice, awesome, friendly dude who turned out to be a rapist.

Not saying your friend is, OP, but in a situation like this it's hard to tell immediately. Anyone can lie. Sure, support your friend in his time of need, but don't needlessly antagonize the chick or anything. If you don't know her, that's probably the emotionally safest thing.

If you are curious, a lot of rapists will tell you they did it, if you use words other than rape to describe it. Find a way to ask what happened, sounding supportive, that talks about individual acts like whether she was awake or whether he pinned her down or took her phone (for safekeeping...?) or anything else. If he sticks to his "huh, no, we were both a few under the influence and had totally consentual sex!" then that's a good sign.
>>
>>18269070
>Most of these cases are because the girl is a liar or a whore
No, most of them are because kids can't seem to comprehend what constitutes consent. Obviously I can't pass judgement without actually knowing any details, but just because he's your friend and a generally good guy doesn't mean he comprehends that he's even capable of raping someone. Rule number one: raping isn't just for rapists.

t. stop violating the fucking NAP, asshats
>>
Why are you getting involved? Innocent until proven otherwise, no?
>>
You know false rape accusations are a minority of all rape accusations right? It's far more likely your friend is just an asshole. Not a rapist per se, but surely an asshole. Even if she's lying, no woman accuses perfectly nice guys of raping them.
>>
>>18269070
If he's in college he's going to be at the mercy of a Title IX kangaroo court, so he's fucked even if she is lying. Best he can do is get a really good lawyer.

>>18269221
>no woman accuses perfectly nice guys of raping them
If they have something to gain from doing it, yes, a disturbingly large number of them absolutely will. There are enough stories of perfectly nice guys' lives being ruined by a woman who wanted to punish him for some reason or another to prove it.
>>
>Most of these cases are because the girl is a liar or a whore and trying to save her reputation or something
Where are you getting this, /b/ or /pol/? Popular anecdotes are not fact.
>>
>>18269229
>I have enough anecdotal evidence that this baseless assertion I'm making is true

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying it definitely does not happen as often as you wish it did. And usually when it's genuinely a false accusation, it's easily disproven by actual witnesses and prior behavior on the girl's part. Just because she likes sex doesn't make her unrapeable. Just because your friend is a "nice guy" doesn't mean he isn't capable of making a stupid mistake and not listening when she says stop.
>>
>>18269179
>raping isn't just for rapists.
Now you're just trolling
>>
Given your attitude towards this situation, and assuming that people hang out with people who are similar to them, I would honestly not be surprised if he really did rape her.
>>
>>18269240
I'm not. It's a reference to the way rapists are presented in the media as the absolute evilest, most heartless monsters imaginable. It's become shorthand for hack writers to just have a dude rape someone to demonstrate that he's the evil villain, without bothering to give him any sort of backstory beyond "he's a super evil dude." People tend to internalize that image, and find it difficult to reconcile with what an actual real life rapist looks like: a normal, everyday guy with plenty of good qualities and friends who just didn't bother to establish consent.
>>
>>18269070
If she was drunk it's rape unless he was drunk too
>>
>>18269247
>I can perfectly judge a person's character from a few anonymous online posts and as such know also the personality of the people he associates with.
>I am the best armchair psychologist
>>
get your friend to run as fast as he can from this shitstorm and start life in a third world country. Its better than actually having 20 years in jail while you toss tyrone's salad
>>
>>18269259
Okay OP
>>
>>18269262
also go fuck yourself OP
>>
>>18269263
I am not the same person.
>>
>>18269278
No one except OP would get this assmad about a comment like that. You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>18269280
Believe whatever you want.
If you think I'm OP and mad, and you get satisfaction from that thought; more power to you.
>>
>>18269239
I'm not OP, buddy. And yeah, it's entirely possible his friend actually did rape this girl, but I'm a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty.

The fact that false accusations are usually disproven doesn't really mean much in situations like this, though - true or not, all that is going to matter is that he was accused of rape. If he's at a university, he can say goodbye to his degree. God forbid they actually find him guilty when he's not, because then he's fucked for the rest of his life.
>>
>>18269070
> it was consensual
>she was drunk
Kek.
>>
>>18269359
This anon is right. Both parties were drunk so they raped eachother.
>>
>>18269070
>cobsensual
>drunk

Mmmm? I don't know Rick....
>>
>>18269388
Only that one person clearly didn't want it while the other did.
>>
>>18269394
>clearly
How so?
>>
>>18269402
One of them accuses the other of rape, while the other claims it was consensual so the whole "they raped each other" shit makes no sense. Given how you can't give consent if you're drunk enough, it was obviously rape, at least going by the information provided.
>>
>>18269229
>If he's in college he's going to be at the mercy of a Title IX kangaroo court, so he's fucked
you mean the court that can't send anybody to jail and exists solely to cover up embarrassing shit? yeah, that'd be real bad
>>
>>18269070
>He says it was consensual and that she was drunk

It is now a standard judgment in courts that a drunken Yes is not a valid Yes, so he won't get very far with that defense.

Let's make a comparison. Suppose she was mentally retarded and he conned her into saying Yes. Would you be defending that? Well, modern medicine/jurisprudence says that being drunk is as much being mentally impaired and unable to give a legitimate Yes.
>>
File: 1489529776160.jpg (105KB, 599x835px) Image search: [Google]
1489529776160.jpg
105KB, 599x835px
>>18269359
True
>>
>>18269424
Only that the dude stated that he gave consent.
>>
>>18269429
But he was drunk
>>
>>18269433
Clearly not that drunk if he remembers giving consent. Also OP didn't even say that his buddy did drink.
>>
>>18269436
>Also OP didn't even say that his buddy did drink.
He just has to say he was drunk as well and they're on equal footing.
>>
>>18269443
Then he can't claim giving consent anymore, making it all moody. Though since she accuses him and most rapes are committed by men, it doesn't look too good for him. If he's at least half as much of a faggot as OP, it shouldn't be too hard to find more dirt on the guy.

His best hope is finding Mr Goldberg.
>>
>>18269408
I have been drunk before. Unless you are uncouncious on the floor, you should still be able to say no or otherwhise call out for help or struggle. If they find evidence for that it's an easy case. Otherwhise it is innocent until proven guilty.
>>
>>18269447
Not that anon, but you're effectively claiming that everyone experiences being drunk the same way, which is simply not true.
>>
>>18269447
Your personal experiences are irrelevant. Do you want to argue that you can drive fine when drunk too so they shouldn't take away your license?
>>18269415
This anon explained it in such simple terms.
>>
>>18269451
True, but how can it be ok then to assume that the male automatically raped the female? She can have drunken sex and if she has regrets afterwards, can just claim rape.
>>
>>18269454
It seems like your argument is more in favour of drunk driving. You claim that being drunk takes away your responsibilities and automatically makes you a victim.
>>
>>18269457
>how can it be ok then to assume that the male automatically raped the female?
Because it's a relatively common phenomenon where a male takes advantage of a drunk female. It's sad, but it's the reality in this day and age. Besides, claiming rape and actually having the alleged rapist convicted of it are two separate things, it's up to a judge or jury to decide his fate

>She can have drunken sex and if she has regrets afterwards, can just claim rape.
If he was drunk, so can he. There is nothing stopping men from doing this; most people are aware that men can be raped.
>>
>>18269459
Being drunk affects your judgement. Hence drunk driving is a bad idea. Just like having sex with someone who is too impaired to give consent. In case of drunk driving, you're partly the victim of your own idiocy, which gets overshadowed by the other potential victims of your idiocy.
>>
>>18269070

One of my friends was "falsely accused".
Nothing really came of it, and even our workplace was understanding of the situation.

However,
I have my doubts over his innocence desu.
There have been red-flags;
>Low morality - likes to cheat on partners, and prefers to get with women who have husbands or boyfriends (likes to cuck people - might be a dominance/power thing)
>Easily charms people, good social skills.
>Knows I have autism and as a result I don't like physical contact - as a result, touches me anyway to wind me up.
>views sex as a status symbol, brags about conquests, shames virgins.
>Got real pissed off (and mentioned potentially getting violent) when this girl rejected him because she had a boyfriend.

At first I believed he was innocent, but honestly, after thinking over it, this "friend" is kind of a dickhead. I could totally see him raping someone.

So OP, before you go off on some "vengance" spree against this woman, my only advice is to think this over.
Your friend have any red-flags? Do you believe he's innocent because you actually believe that, or do you just refuse to believe that he could have been hiding this dark side from you this whole time, right under your nose?
As someone who has dealt with his fair share of sociopaths, let me tell you, it's entirely possible you have too much of a personal bias to see what could actually be going on here.

I'm not saying he has done it, or that he hasn't. But a little bit of forethought and scepticism could go a long way, and prevent you from severely fucking up the lives of those around you, and maybe that woman.
>>
>>18269460
The repercussions are nowhere near eachother in terms of damage done to your life. If someone claims you raped her as a guy your life is over, even if nothing has been proven. If you get raped as a man you will also be called a loser.
>>
>>18269462
You have it the other way around. The equivalent is drunk driving = getting drunk an having sex.
>>
>>18269464
>If someone claims you raped her as a guy your life is over
That's bullshit. There are tons of CONVICTED rapist who managed to start a new life. If you're totally cleared, it's even easier.

>If you get raped as a man you will also be called a loser.
If you live in some backwards shithole maybe.

>>18269467
It doesn't make much sense comparing the two sans the inability to make sound judgements.
>>
File: 1493463961991.jpg (28KB, 477x271px) Image search: [Google]
1493463961991.jpg
28KB, 477x271px
that face when you're about to avenge all your fallen brothers

>I'VE WALKED FOR MILES INSIDE THIS PIT OF DANGER
>>
By reading this thread I get the idea that if you get acused of rape it is a better defense to state that you were too drunk to consent and therefore the raped one was you than to say that it was consensual.
>>
>>18269471
The best defense is a good offense: Accuse her before she can accuse you.
>>
>>18269476
I mean assuming I was in the situation of OP's friend.

I would never accuse a girl who hooked up with me, fuck I'd offer her coffee before she leaves.
>>
>>18269471
It can easy backfire and give you a worse term unless you got a rich daddy (in which case it doesn't matter what you do either way)

The best strategy would be to own up to it and show remorse, perhaps even trying to stop the accusation going to the police..
>>
>>18269070
>Most of these cases are because the girl is a liar or a whore and trying to save her reputation or something
You base this on ... what, exactly? Nothing? Okay. Cool, then.

Look, I'm not a rape-culture-patriarchy-uberfeminist. Plenty of women do make false rape accusations. But unfortunately a lot of women are actually raped, and I do mean really raped, not "consensual sex I regretted afterwards" raped. The thing about rapists is there's usually nothing that screams DANGER DANGER RAPIST about them. Many of them are, sadly, otherwise likable and personable individuals.

I'm not saying your friend did rape her. Innocent until proven guilty and all that. But don't kid yourself that you know more than you do about this. You don't know shit about shit.

>How can we prove that she is lying and responsible for her actions?
You don't prove shit. Stay out of this. You have no legitimate role in this. Say it with me: YOU DO NOT PROVE SHIT.

Do not set out to dig up dirt about her past. Do not try to ruin her reputation and show everybody that she's a slut.

IF she decides to go to the cops, which statistically she's very unlikely to do, it is enormously unlikely that your friend will be convicted of anything. Rape convictions are very rare. That's not because 'oh boo hoo our patriarchal society,' it's just because it's a hard crime to prosecute. The great majority of rape cases are never even referred to a prosecutor. If for some reason this one is (and it won't be), a his-word-against-hers case like this is very unlikely to result in a conviction, despite whatever bullshit you've read about the justice system on websites like this one.

You are not a detective and you are not a lawyer. Support your friend if you think he's innocent but otherwise stay the fuck out of this. He is not going to be convicted.

If he needs legal assistance (e.g. he's in college and they suspend him), then leave that to the professionals. You can only make things worse.
>>
>>18269491
>show remorse
Only if you did it, of course
>>
>>18269493
Unless there will be a better way to prove or disprove rape morr easily, things will not and should not change. It's a very sad thing if criminals evade judgement, but not nearly as sad as an innocent getting convicted for something they did not do.
>>
>>18269495
Even if you didn't, in this situation it's beyond tricky to prove that you're innocent, so unless you have actual proofs, it might do more harm than good.
>>
>>18269501
I'm not sure if you're arguing with me or just commenting, but I don't disagree at all.

When I say "very few rape cases result in a conviction or even go to trial" I'm not attaching any judgment at all to that statement - I'm not saying that's a bad (or good) thing. Just stating a fact that's pertinent to his friend's situation.
>>
>>18269070
Statistically false.
>>
>>18269513
Just commenting
>>
OP here. I put a little troll spice in there to get more replies. But I really just want to help my friend. He's in a fraternity and she's in a sorority. I feel like that alone already makes her at least 30% responsible. Now they're trying to kick him out of school over some drunk whore. The whole no consent when drunk thing makes no sense. Why get drunk and go to parties then? Again I don't know the details yet, its possible he did something, but even if he did which I doubt she is definitely responsible for some blame given her history and character, and there are in fact many false rape accusations by these liars, look it up
>>
>>18269565
>unironically being a rape apologist
Pretty disgusting, bruv.
>>
>>18269565
Not going to respond to this post point-by-point, esp. since, given the part about the "troll spice", I have no idea how much of this you actually believe and how much is just you being provocative. I don't really care, either. It doesn't affect what you should do either way (and when I say 'should' I am not moralizing - I'm speaking purely in practical terms, talking about what you can do to give him the best possible odds here).

If it wasn't clear, what you should do is: not a fucking thing. Of course you can support him emotionally if you want, but don't interfere in any way, beyond advising him to seek legal counsel. If you take it upon yourself to do anything else you're only going to make things worse. That's a promise. Tell him to see an attorney.

That's not just something he needs to do if she goes to the cops - it is also what he needs to do if he gets in trouble with his school's disciplinary board and risks suspension or expulsion. Make sure he does that, tell him to keep his fucking mouth shut otherwise, and do the same. That's the extent of your role in this.
>>
I have a few people in mind that would be very offended if I accused them of being rapists, but I suspect that if I asked if they'd ever fucked a sleeping girl or something they'd be pretty forthright with it.
>>
>>18269070
>falling for the vaginal jew
play stupid games. win stupid prizes
>>
>>18269070
Your friend is in all likelihood, a rapist.
>>
>>18269221
>It's far more likely your friend is just an asshole. Not a rapist per se

This is the part that matters. Because it's legal to be an asshole. They are probably both assholes.
>>
I raped a girl once.
This is how it went:

-Talked about meeting up for about 2 years
-Frequently sext, no nudes because she is shy
-Finally decided to see each other.
-Rent an apartment for 2 weeks
-Girl tries to blow me
-Fails at it, gets really nervous
-Ok, whatever
-Cuddle for a while,
-Leave it be
-Days goes by
-She's still to scared to take of her bra
-Eventually i start getting forceful at grabbing her breasts
-She tells me to stop, while laughing
-Get onto the bed
-She tells me more seriously to stop!
-Tear of her pants
-She screams at me to stop
-Lick he pussy
-She has an orgasm
-Try to get dick inside
- "Please STOOOP!"
-Fail at it
-She stars crying
- I give up
- We never had sex
>>
>>18269070
tel him to countersue for defamation and perjury
>>
File: kIULy0R.jpg (442KB, 1343x1159px) Image search: [Google]
kIULy0R.jpg
442KB, 1343x1159px
>>18269953
If I thought rape was cool this would still be a lame story. What were you, 12?
>>
>>18269942
Why?
>>
>>18270008
No, i was trying to lose my virginity at the age of 26.
>>
>>18270434
It's even more cringe inducing, God. How old was she? Are you sure she wasn't a minor?

Also, learn to greentext
>>
>>18270475
She was like 18 or something.
Virgin.

>cringe inducing
Well, i didn't choose my life man.
>>
>>18269953

Similar case here. I didn't rape her, though.

Virgin girl, didn't know to manage the situation. I finally left... and didn't come back.
>>
>>18270516
Well you still chose to rape her kek
Just thank God you couldn't put your dick.
How do you feel about it? Have you tried to rape another girl?
>>
>>18270565
>How do you feel about it?
It was unfortunate, but the frustration took hold of me. I didn't like to think of, that after all this energy i had put into getting this girl into the same room as me (for example, i did fly to her country), i didn't like the idea of going home as a virgin again.

Now, that was what happened anyway.

>Just thank God you couldn't put your dick.
It was mainly due to erectile dysfunction actually.

>How do you feel about it?
Well, we broke up later. Then a few months ago she emailed me, and we started talking again. Then i apologized about it.

Now we lost contact again. She doesn't want to talk with me because she thinks i love her, and she does not love me "in that way".

> Have you tried to rape another girl?
No, had sex with a hooker in Japan instead.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.