[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to deal with rude coworker? So I was on a lunch break talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: The Shining.png (383KB, 590x421px) Image search: [Google]
The Shining.png
383KB, 590x421px
How to deal with rude coworker?

So I was on a lunch break talking to a bunch of my other coworkers also on break. I was talking to the group and said "stylometrically, he sounds like..."

My coworker then interrupted me mid-sentence and was like "what's that word mean?". I tell her what it means and try to continue my sentence but my coworker has a follow up question. She's like "can you spell that word?".

So annoyed, I spell it (probably wrong) and then she goes "can I have the origin of the word?". I now want to bitch slap her in front of everyone but restrain myself and say I don't know. Then she says "can you use it in a sentence?". LIKE BITCH, I WAS GOING TO USE IT IN A FUCKING SENTENCE BEFORE YOU INTERRUPTED ME.

Was my coworker out of line here?
>>
She sounds funny. You dropped an uncommon word in casual conversation. I will probably do the same thing she did when the situation presents itself because it's amusing.
>>
>>18268776
Someone thinks you're a sociopath and is testing you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyiWMJZiH4A&feature=youtu.be&t=3m33s
>>
>>18268808
Holy shit, this is pretty much word for word what she did. I'm not a sociopath! I do volunteer work, I give to charity. God damn.
>>
>>18268815
Well, as the comments on that video point out: What the women is suggesting people do is itself pretty sociopathic. And in fact, pretty much all women are natural sociopaths, something worth keeping in mind.

I suspect you're dealing with a workmate who feels threatened by you and thinks she needs to prove to your coworkers she can dominate you. Not sure exactly what you should do, but I'd suggest keeping your guard up and remembering that bullies back down only when their victim starts fighting back.
>>
File: 1476828488469.gif (2MB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1476828488469.gif
2MB, 400x303px
>>18268776

>Was my coworker out of line here?

Who gives a shit? Why are you focusing on this? What does it matter?

I talk to a million shitty people every day. Move on, dude. There are literally 6 trillion things I can think of that deserve your attention and mind power more than this.
>>
>>18268776
You talk like a fag, and your shits all retarded
>>
File: Wounded_Cuirassier_with_a_Girl.jpg (502KB, 1600x1162px) Image search: [Google]
Wounded_Cuirassier_with_a_Girl.jpg
502KB, 1600x1162px
Some people are just that crazy.

I would personally completely ignore this person and hopefully fix the problem
>>
>>18268808
jesus... only a sociopath could make that video
>>
>>18268808
...wow, what an insufferable cunt. That would piss off anybody, and how would you know someone is a sociopath on first meeting? This is just an excuse to be a total prick to someone because you feel intellectually intimidated a person at a party used a word outside that simplified English Wikipedia.
>>
>>18268808
What the fuck is the psychonormative reaction to this shit supposed to be? I can't imagine anyone not getting upset, walking off, or both when confronted with this level of bullshit.
>>
>>18268808
>all of their knowledge is memorized

I wonder what Sacha thinks knowledge *is*?

Basically, we now live in a society where any hint of ability and active intelligent is pathologized. Making any woman feel bad means you're a psycho, and half the political class spend all day every day trying to make women more brittle and - ironically enough - easier to manipulate. These are the death agonies of the white race. Hope I'm dead before full savagery is reached.
>>
>>18268808
She's describing a douchebag well, but "sociopath" being used this way is a great argument for the French practice of legally retiring obsolete words - sociopath is no longer in diagnostic use, which means it's available for endless misuse. If there was a fine for inappropriate use of clinical or pseudo-clinical terminology, we might be able to generate more light and less heat on the actual presense of behavioral disorders in society.
>>
>>18268808
>Southern accent

What a surprise.
>>
>>18268808
>How To Ensure That Nobody Invites You To Social Functions.
>>
>>18269162
>psychonormative
What does that word mean?
>>
>>18269181
Get out chure phoan!
>>
>>18268808
>but the person I did it to... is not a full-on sociopath, but-

kek

If this was character comedy, it would be some dry, next-level stuff.

>Channel Sources: Joel Patterson, Activism of Care, Stefan Molyneux, , Daniel Mackler, Peter Gerlach, Dr. Gabor Maté, Alice Miller

>Stefan Molyneux

Figures.

>*Disclaimer: This video is for entertainment purposes only.
>This video is not meant to be used as a substitute for mental healthcare services or legal advice. I am not a healthcare professional, doctor, attorney, or expert.
>>
>>18268808
There are so many lies in the first minute that I just had to close it to prevent myself from punching the monitor.

>inb4 someone calls me a sociopath
yes I was diagnosticated as a high-functioning one.
>>
>>18269196
>diagnosticated
>high-functioning
Pick one.
>>
>>18269198
He might not speak English as a first language, anon. Alternatively, he might be parodying the video.
>>
I have a friend who does that to eveyone. Dunno about others reaction, most just shut him or tell him he's an idiot, I usually send him to the dictionary. He was a fine lad avid for knowledge once, but since he took an expensive cohercive coaching just became a prick. I no longer enjoy his company. You can tell he's miserable now.
>>
>>18268776
>trying to verbalize a word you can't spell

I'm gonna take the low road and call bullshit, stylometrically is not a word.
>>
>>18269230
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stylometrically
>>
>>18268776
There is a thin line between showing off and just having a larger vocabulary than your listeners. I am sure that you have been at the other side of this sometime, possibly with a teacher/professor you resented for always using big words you couldn't understand.

There are responsibilities on both sides. If, as a listener, you keep running into new words, that's a sign that they are common enough and generally understood, and you might have to go look them up, just to keep up with your peers.

On the other hand, if as a speaker your natural vocabulary is above the heads of many of the people you talk to, it might be politic to "dumb down" your vocabulary, or to footnote yourself as you go along.
>>
>>18269371
>a statistical method of analyzing a text to determine its author

So it is a word, and you're just being functionally retarded by using a word meaning determining an author to try and convey how one person sounds like another.

That's much better, using a word in improper context because you're too dumb to look up the meaning rather than making shit up entirely.
>>
>>18269397
>be politic

Yeah, a scumfag sociopathic motherfucker would do it because he's talking to persaude, like Hillary Clinton with her chin covered in a dead girl's minge juice, but in the world of good people, and real men, language is open to all, and those who fail to keep up are only implicating themselves. Nobody in the world has ever deliberately not been understood. Educate yourself.
>>
>>18269399
It wasn't me who gave you that pointer you retard, but you're not going to be able to come back from saying something isn't a word when you could have found out that it was in less than a second. You're the kind of pleb who drags down society, I'm afraid.
>>
>>18269404
>it's OK to use it incorrectly because you didn't know it was a word to begin with

Whatever makes you feel better stupid.
>>
>>18269407
He didn't use it incorrectly, and you were the one who thought it didn't exist. Stop digging.
>>
>>18269403
Can anybody guess what this Anon is trying to say?
>>
>>18269456
Unless he's got a piece of music he doesn't know the author of and he's discussing how he statistically analyzed the track to attribute authorship, yes, he's fucking using it wrong.

Unless you're some kind of specialty analyst, why would anyone know this word?
>>
>>18268808

>>18268776

It's not countering a sociopath to take this video's advice as much as it is playing a sociopathic power game with them.

A response would be "Well miss I was in the middle of a story; if you'd like to expand your vocabulary I could recommend you a few good dictionaries" or something to that effect.

That video though jfc. It's just an excuse to dismiss someone on the grounds that you think you're better than they are. It's pretty blatant aswell, so most people with any sense will see right through that and score who won the interaction in a competitive sense after the fact.
>>
>>18269165
Well of course. On this Taiwanese Photography board, simply being knowledgeable or passionate about a topic is seen as "autistic" so imagine how not being a drooling idiot looks like in normal settings.
>>
>>18269472
Maybe he did know the guy? Maybe if the dumb broad let him finish the sentence, he would have used it in the correct context? Did you ever think of that you pajama wearing tatty?
>>
>>18268776
Anon, she was joking.

She was just fucking around with you, teasing you.

You know, how sometimes one of your friends does something, and then you keep jokingly bringing it up, until the point where they get annoyed? thats what shes doing.

Also maybe use normal fucking words, i have a bachelors degree and ive never heard anyone use "stylometrically" or "psychonormative" before, hell i dont even know what the first one means.

tldr: you used the wrong words for that social setting, she is jokingly teasing you about it - in a friendly way.
>>
>>18269458
I honestly think that was word salad.
>>
>>18269472
Or writing. It's interesting that you can't imagine literacy.
>>
>>18269472
>acquired knowledge is my *enemy*
>>
>>18269174
>ah need tah, ah need tah put up a barriyorrr, y'know, ah need to take ACTION tah get them tah leave me alone
>so trah this out, it absolutely works
>>
>>18269676
Nobody else had a problem with it, if you read the story. Also, https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/stylometrically, we finally live in an era where there really is no excuse for ignorance, if you can cut-and-paste it, you can Google it. Unless you wrote your post with speech-to-text software, stop being a pleb.
>>
>>18269727
Dude, why the fuck would he have googled it? He wasn't asking you what the word meant, at all. "I don't even know what it means" was (obviously) meant to convey a point - that it's an obscure word, a piece of jargon, really, and that your coworker was probably ribbing you about it. Like if you randomly used the word "domicile" instead of "house" in a casual context - it's not bad, but it's unusual enough that somebody might tease you about it. You see?

I'm not judging you for using the word, nothing wrong with tossing out an obscure piece of vocab every now and then, but your incredibly anal response to his post (and the fact that you were bothered enough by this minor incident to make a thread in the first place) is making me wonder whether your coworker wasn't trying to tip you off to the fact that you're uptight and pretentious and need to crawl out of your own asshole. Might be something to work on.
>>
>>18269727
>Nobody else had a problem with it, if you read the story.

She didnt have a problem with it.

Anon, are you autistic? have Aspergers? Some social disorder?

The wording you used does not "fit" the context of the social setting you where in(casual, work break). The wording you used was formal, something you might use in an essay, or formal setting. The social setting you where in was very casual.

she didnt have a problem with it, what you did isnt a problem, its uncommon as most people prefer to use casual words, rather than formal ones. She jokingly pointed it out.

No one had an issue with it.

>we finally live in an era where there really is no excuse for ignorance

I didnt ask you what it meant, you clearly have autism or something anon, quit you job and claim autismbux.
>>
>>18269749
This.

Exactly what i was trying to say in my other post.
>>
File: IMG_5487.jpg (30KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5487.jpg
30KB, 300x300px
>>18269181
Try reading the word
>psycho
>normative
>psycho: relating to the mind
>normative: root word normal
>together they mean!?

What anon?
>>
>>18269749
The point is, he's a peasant. I wasn't the OP.

>>18269758
I wasn't the OP, and yes, she tried to fuck with his shit, clearly. You're assuming it was a joke because you're used to people passing off insults as jokes around you, I assume. Don't project your autism onto others.
>>
>>18269760
The wording of this is pure autism and an amusing revelation of your own samefagging - nobody would have thought you were still on the thread, but now we know, so the guy you're replying to is probably you, assman.
>>
File: nice one.png (102KB, 959x661px) Image search: [Google]
nice one.png
102KB, 959x661px
>>18269768
Yea its the same fag, you got me.
>>18269766
Yea, she was trying to fuck with him, but it was clearly in a teasing / friendly way. She was insulting him, but not with the intent to cause him harm.

Yes, im used to good workplace banter, it doesnt change the fact that she was clearly joking, If she wanted to insult him about it, cause him embarrassment and hurt him, far more deseret and hurtful ways to go about it
>>
>>18269782
You weren't there, were you? You're assuming you can read the tone better from OP's paraphrase than OP could. This is classic autism.

Are there still people who don't know about mobile posting? Are there still people who think that kind of screenshot proves something?
>>
>>18269791
Why would i fucking bother same fagging my own post, just to say thats what i was trying to say.

If the other post was my post, then its pretty fucking obvious thats what i was trying to say, so some fagging it would be completely pointless and prove nothing to no one.

No, i wasnt there. Look at OP, he uses words like that in a casual context and then thinks people have issues with him when they bring it up.

I have nothing against OP, and honestly, him knowing words like that, and using them in a casual social context is super cool, shows that he is intelligent and not afraid to be himself.

The girl probably didnt know what the word meant, she may have also found it weird that he chose to use that word, given the social context.

there is no reason why she would want to cause him harm because of this, she found it weird and unusual, she used it to start some friendly workplace banter.

>You're assuming you can read the tone better from OP's paraphrase than OP could.

OP didnt understand her, look at his post. this is autism
>>
>>18269768
Literally what? We type nothing alike. Think what you like, though.
>>
>>18269820
Your assumption that you can get better information from someone's words than they got from the experience those words are describing is autism. You samefagged to make yourself look less alone in your psychological problems.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.