[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently I was mailed about jury duty for January 19th. Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1252.jpg (1MB, 4015x2808px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1252.jpg
1MB, 4015x2808px
Apparently I was mailed about jury duty for January 19th. Because I don't really check my campus mailbox, I never realized. I never got any calls or anything after I missed it. How fucked am I?
>>
You likely have a warrant out for your arrest, should you return to your city of residence.
>>
>>18267853
I've been in the same location since January, wouldn't they have done something at this point?
>>
>>18267925
Pretty sure that anon is fucking with you. The laws vary from state to state, but I'm pretty sure they all just charge a fine. Which sucks, but you're not going to jail over this.

You might be able to get out of the fine, too, if you can provide a valid reason why you missed it. There should be a phone number in those jury notices, call them up and explain your situation and ask what you should do. Don't wait for them to come after you
>>
>>18267948
Good shit, thanks mate. I'll call first thing Monday when the jury office reopens.
>valid reason
Fuck. Going to go out on a limb here and say "I forgot I had a mailbox" isn't gonna pass.
>>
>>18267967
Were they calling you up for jury duty in your hometown, or the state where you attend school?
>>
>>18267625

IIRC they probably gave you a website code confirmation or something, and you can check the pending status for your jury on it.

I remember last year I got the thing, even marked it on my calender, but since they send it something ridiculous like fucking 3-4 months in advance I just completely forgot about it by the time it came around.

Didn't remember until 2 weeks past on a Saturday.

I remember doing something and checking on the website and it thanked me for serving or said my status was finished or something. Don't remember exactly what.

Maybe too much time has passed to do that *shrug*
>>
>>18267625
Same thing happened to me except it went to my parents house. Nothing happened, no fine, no holds on license or car registration, but maybe that's just my state.
>>
>>18267972
The latter. I'm a Jersey resident, but spend a good part of the year in Massachusetts for school.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.