[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I be a bartender Is it enough to live on I want the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: __57.jpg (279KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
__57.jpg
279KB, 1200x1600px
How do I be a bartender
Is it enough to live on

I want the idealized version where you're never swamped busy but not doing horribly and it's empty, a good trickle in a non partybar
>>
>>18267125
not sure
yes

that is the sign of a shitty bar and all your money is in tips so you don't want that anyway
>>
>>18267155
I'm sorry
>>
>>18267125
>How do I be a bartender

Enroll in a bartending school. Not legally required in many areas but it will show you have at least some experience. Find a reputable school that has great hook-ups for after you finish. If you're in the DC area there's one school that has a 95% hire rate for their students. The average price is around 500.

>Is it enough to live on
Depends on where you work. High-end bars with a wealthy clientele and great tips, probably depending on the city. The average dive bar? No, most of those people do it for extra cash flow.

>I want the idealized version where you're never swamped busy but not doing horribly and it's empty, a good trickle in a non partybar

There are some really high-end bars built into things like restaurants and clubs here in D.C. that cater to the elite. They aren't busy and the pay/tips are very high, but you have to be extremely experienced to work there. One or two fuck-ups and you're gone.

You also have to realize that you can't work a slow bar and expect to live off it. You either work a busy bar and get a decent amount of tip or you work a slow bar and take home your hourly and don't complain.
>>
>>18267235
I was joking with the idealized stuff

So school is best option ? How long does school last?

I just got out of a 4 year bachelor's
>>
>>18267283
Around 40-50 hour depending on the school.
>>
I had a bartender friend and he was very against the schools and thought they were nothing but cash grabs.

The real skill of a bartender has nothing to do with drinks, from what he tells me. It's all about sales. Can you attract a good crowd? Are you fun and personable?

He had said "If you can't bullshit your way into a bartending job, you don't have the skills to do the job".
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.