[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop being so self-conscious about my teeth? My teeth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: cu499mgqi5ly.jpg (37KB, 900x495px) Image search: [Google]
cu499mgqi5ly.jpg
37KB, 900x495px
How do I stop being so self-conscious about my teeth? My teeth are kinda fucket up - the upper teeth aren't that bad, but it's pretty fucked down below.

Now when I smile, it doesn't look that bad, but I'm super self conscious when I'm talking, because I think my lower teeth are very exposed. I'm saving up for braces, to get them fixed, but how do I be less self-conscious about them? It's really fucking with me, especially when I'm talking to anyone with perfect teeth that I don't know well.
>>
Move to Britain.
>>
I have one knee that is considerably darker than its counterpart. This weighed on me when I was growing up because apart from being a couple shades noticeably darker, it has a lot more hair on it for some reason. Growing up I always wanted to wear short shorts (just a few inches above the knee) but my insecurities stopped me. I tried bleaching them naturally with lemon juice. Eventually I decided it really doesn't matter. People are going to think what they will of my appearance. I started wearing shorts I have always wanted and put that ugly knee on display. Nobody has ever said anything and most only notice it when I mention it myself. I think I've caught some people staring at it occasionally but I'm beyond the point of caring.

What I hope you learn from my situation is it ultimately doesn't matter. I have straight teeth and I never notice someones teeth when I talk with them. Even if I did notice their crooked teeth I wouldn't think anything of it. You look the way you look and crooked teeth, like a dirty looking knee, means nothing.
>>
>>18266450
Thanks. I get what you're saying - I suppose only people who are self-conscious about the same thing will notice it, but I think teeth is something that is much more noticeable.

I suppose not giving a fuck about it is the obvious solution, but it's harder than it sounds for me.
>>
>>18266443
I have the exact same thing going on, my top set are quite straight but I have one tooth on the bottom level that's twisted around. Worst yet my teeth are pretty bad color and I have some weird growth on one of my front teeth that I've always had since the adult tooth came through. If it makes you feel any better i read that Japanese like woman with crooked teeth as it makes them seem younger or some shit and desu I like girls that have some kind of minor imperfection too including teeth.
>>
My mother's lower teeth are all meased up. I only notice like, once every couple of years. And I always forget about it. I bet it's much less noticeable than you think. People usually look you in the eye when you talk, not the mouth. The only times I noticed someone's bad teeth it was always the upper ones. And they have to be REALLY bad for me to notice them
>>
>>18266498
I feel you - luckily mine are white. Not really into that weeb stuff, plus I live in an European country with no Japanese people that I know of. But I also like girls with imperfections, but now that I think about it, I don't remember meeting a girl that has fucked up teeth, or at least I didn't notice it.

>>18266542
That's true, I suppose I put more thought into than other people.
>>
>>18266443
>>18266498
Fuck you, guys. I have a similar problem but with the upper teeth, making it almost impossible to hide. Unless your lower teeth are incredible fucked up, almost no one will really notice and most don't pay too much attention in the first place (sans other people with fucked up teeth, since they are just as self-conscious).
>>
Right now you can't change it, so own it. You're sure as shit self concious about it and have been, but nothing has changed, so don't let it change you.

In the future, start saving up some money for the dentist/periodontist to get the ball rolling for straightening up your teeth if its feasible.

That alone will give you a big confidence boost.

Consider yourself grateful though, could have been something worse, like a deformed limb. Can't change that
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.