[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's 4am, and I don't feel like this is urgent enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: x4AG4Cn.jpg (320KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
x4AG4Cn.jpg
320KB, 1920x1200px
It's 4am, and I don't feel like this is urgent enough to warrant a pickup from a hospital. So until I can get to the doctors in the morning, I'd like some help. Maybe there's an anon who knows what I've got.

About 6 hours ago my ankle and midfoot started to hurt. It's a dull pain that feels like it's burning. There's no swelling, red marks, or bruises visible on the skin. It happened out of the blue. No injury or anything happened to it.

If I move it, put pressure on it, or let it dangle, the pain goes from a constant dull ache to full blown stabbing pain. I can barely walk, it's that bad.
I've also had a bit of a fever when it first started hurting, to the point where I was shivering, and now I feel fatigued and slightly nauseous.

Anyone have an inkling as to what's happening to my foot?
>>
Assuming you can afford it and won't literally go into debt, call an ambulance. Or an Uber. Get to the fuckin hospital.
>>
You were bit by a black widow. Enjoy your neurotoxin.
>>
>>18266251
Black widow bites leave a mark and two bite holes from their fangs. They rarely bite so unless OP's shoes were stuffed with spiders he wasn't bitten by a black widow. He really should go straight to a hospital though.
>>
>>18266265

Not always. Their fangs are way closer together than people assume (less then a milometer in some cases) which can fail to actually leave anything substantial depending on circulation and skin type.

I was mainly being facetious and don't actually think that OP has a black widow bite, but a fever and joint pain together isn't something that you want to take your time on. The incidence of fevers in adults with critical illnesses or injuries is around 75%, if it onsets with a symptom like this it's best to AT LEAST go to urgent care.
>>
>>18266221
If you have insurance, call a nurse hotline, they're open 24/7 and they can direct you to the next step
>>
Sepsis sometimes presents with innocuous joint pain, the fever and shivering are a bad sign.
>>
>>18266251
It's definitely not an insect bite. I've looked all over my foot for markings. Nothing. Plus I don't live in a place where there are many venomous things.

>>18266358
Someone else told me it might be 'arthritic sepsis'. RIP me..
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.