[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so fucking angry, how do you stop being edgy without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hyenas.jpg (17KB, 620x339px) Image search: [Google]
hyenas.jpg
17KB, 620x339px
I'm so fucking angry, how do you stop being edgy without feeling like you are lying to yourself? I want real peace, as far as I know that's not real and the closest thing is fake buddhist buttlover shit.
>>
What are you so angry about, anyway?
>>
The thing about anger is that it hurts you way more than it effects other people. Often people feel like they are being productive by holding onto their anger, whether it is general or targeted towards someone/something. All it is doing is slowly destroying your mental and physical health, as whatever you hate so much ironically wins the internal struggle you have with it. From experience, I gave the targets of my anger the ultimate fuck you by no longer giving them any power within my lie, aka no longer holding onto anger towards them. I feel way happier now and I actually feel like I did accomplish something contrary to how I felt when I was angry.
>>
>>18266098
>I gave the targets of my anger the ultimate fuck you by no longer giving them any power within my lie, aka no longer holding onto anger towards them.

They are real things, they are not Santa, they don't go away if I stop believing in them. Although I do appreciate your perspective and it's most likely the best I can do.
>>
>>18266100
You completely misunderstood that anon's comment.
>>
>>18266100
What/who are you angry at?

And the target of my anger was not some imaginary edgelord shit, it was specific people, groups of people, and parts of my life I was not satisfied with. What I could actually change and control I did, what I could not I adopted the mindset I mentioned.
>>
>>18266094
Find a job or hobby that allows you to take that anger and convert it into something productive.
I'm a cook, that's what I do.
>>
File: 1462266114485.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462266114485.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
How to stop being angry? Stop mulling shit over in your brain. Hard to be mad about something if you don't entertain it in your mind. Being present and giving your complete attention on the now helps immensely. Meditation is the main ingredient for many to developing this skill.

A practical approach that I sometimes employ is laughing at myself when I find myself being edgy. If I start thinking a dumb thought and let my anger get out of control I'll stop and realize that it's actually pretty funny. A lot of what we think when we're mad is pretty comical because it tends to be childish and unrealistic. Laughing also breaks you out of the cycle you've created (thinking about why you're mad and getting mad that you're mad) and helps you move on.
>>
>>18266112
I already like cooking.
>>18266107
It's more like I'm always passively angry. I've always been this way but it's gotten so bad, people say I am being a drag and stuff. So it's even harder to tolerate them.
>>
>>18266115
Oh ... meditating is just not thinking while being awake. I could just sleep, I wish.

>it tends to be childish and unrealistic

That's the part that concerns me. I'm getting old and petty and the things I get mad at make less sense. And I care less and less over time, because it's just aging. Which fucking sucks.
>>
>>18266116
Take lsd or maybe mdma, try to find what you are looking for
>>
>>18266121
Mdma sucks. I mean, the crash sucks so bad that rolling isn't worth it.

It's still the best drug but that's as good as it gets besides weed for autism.
>>
>>18266118
No meditating cannot be substituted with sleep. Your comment only displays that you have no concept of its benefits and what it entails. It trains you to control your thoughts, something which someone who is in your position should be striving for. Meditation also makes you more calm and grounded which allows you to let the small stuff glide over you. Try it each day for just 10-20 minutes for two weeks. You will notice a change in your behavior and mindset.
>>
>>18266116
Why are you always passively angry?
Where did you learn it?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.