[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I go for my last resort job hunt? Central Fl seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1449807479431.gif (1MB, 460x210px) Image search: [Google]
1449807479431.gif
1MB, 460x210px
Where do I go for my last resort job hunt?

Central Fl seems heavy on the service industry, and almost all involved require lots of walking. I have a bone condition that makes it painful to stand for too long, if I don't find any other answers, I'm just going to try to go door to door along the shops and explain myself and show my scars and see if I can find anyone sympathetic enough to hire me.
>>
>>18265606
wow, I'm in a similar position in NE Florida. I have mild cerebral palsy so standing and walking is difficult for me and I don't have a diploma because I dropped out due to bullying and my health. monitoring this thread
>>
>>18265606
I promise you a sob story wont get you hired. Most employers will sympathize with you but wont take such a weak pitch and genuinely hope the next person does.

There must be a government employment agency that will help you find work suited for you...

Or start learning web design or computer programming and start doing freelance work at home.
>>
>>18265606
Call center. Telemarketers will take anyone.
>>
>>18265630
I have a diploma and some certifications, but I had the same situation for college, and the fact that most everything outdoors that involves standing is a no go and jobs were just as hard then, I became a shut in.

Let's see what options we can find.

>>18265687
Already tried, already got declined. Seems like they found someone else, according to the email. I guess I can try again elsewhere.

>There must be a government employment agency that will help you find work suited for you...
Perhaps, I'll google around, but I can walk, so I'm wary if I even apply for such things. Usually they are for the disabled.

>Or start learning web design or computer programming and start doing freelance work at home.
Already self learning, not at a point where I can confidently start offering services yet but I'm working on it
>>
>>18266274
Man i have adhd. As far as the medical community, science, psychology, and the government are concerned im a perfectly healthy capable person with a personality type that gets shit on by elementary school and the 9-5 because im not really built for it but have to anyway.

Thats an over watered down representation of what it is and what they think, but the point im trying to make here, there are government programs for me.
Government programs grants and loans... For a personality that happens to be well studied....

They got stuff for ya im sure of it.
>>
>>18265606
>I'm just going to try to go door to door along the shops

That is in fact not a bad plan. A lot of job-finding is a matter of luck and timing, and you might just walk into a shop or office just as someone else quit.

But rather than start with what you can't do, prepare a list of jobs you COULD do - working at a desk, check-out clerk at a supermarket or restaurant if there's a seat, etc.
>>
>>18265606
>show your scars
Unless they are from your breast augmentation surgery it will only hurt your chances.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.