[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is rather long but i appreciate every help I really like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

This is rather long but i appreciate every help

I really like studying and learning and reading, and i also enjoy working out to feel good about myself. I really want a sexy physique, and also to be recognized as intelligent. I'm top in my mathematics classes and computer science classes... However, i look up to many great scientist and authors (R. Dawkings, Christopher Hitchens, etc) and when i see their dedication and intelligence, i cant help but notice they dont look like they wasted their time working out. And when i think about it, If i keep up my work outs, i may have to stop when Im older and working long hours, and i will lose what Ive been so dedicated to achieve.... And the funny thing is, I dont even work out to attract anybody... i simply do it so i can feel good about myself. I know it sounds stupid, but is working out even worth it if im willing to work extremeley hard for the rest of my life dedicated to my career? Also, when we are older, we lose almost all our muscle mass... And if i put myself in my older me's shoes, i feel that Id probably would think that I wasted so much time working out that i could have used all that time reading or studying... If i dont make anysense at all please ask me to clarify and i will, thanks
>>
Just do both.
Also, are you sure you aren't doing this to cover up your fragile ego?
>>
File: tumblr_ni84ydEd2N1qzco77o3_250.gif (2MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni84ydEd2N1qzco77o3_250.gif
2MB, 245x300px
You do it to enjoy it, just as others: build miniatures, fly kites, read fiction, D&D. The time they spent on their hobbies is not wasted even if their miniatures are stolen, kite breaks, they go blind, or move too far away to game.

Enjoy your hobbies for as long as your life lets you. They contribute happiness. That is reason enough.
>>
>>18265369
Im not sure, i feel good about myself most times but if it were, what could i do?
>>
>>18265352
>work 12 hours
>work out 1.5 hours
>sleep 7 hours
leaves 3.5 hours for overhead every day if you work 7 days a week and don't waste your time like a retard by posting on /adv/
>>
>>18265352

Physical activity improves your brain function. If you want to learn at capacity, you need at least a healthy cardiovascular system, providing nutrients effectively to your brain.

If you want to optimize your time, pick some automated workout for a few of your sessions (where you are not actively measuring performance or using other metrics) - for example, rowing/cycling/treadmill and listen to podcasts/audiobooks at the same time.

Furthermore, a fitness routine will help you train your willpower, which is a transferable skills across all disciplines, including academia. While the lardasses who eat cheetos and smoke weed won't get out of bed for their morning classes, you will easily attain high grades because your fitness career has taught you the value of discipline.

TL;DR Don't stop lifting, it's amazing for your mind.
>>
>>18265393
I have to concur with this guy.

I didnt become a straight A student inspite of my exercise, I did it because of it. Ofc there is a balance to everything, working out 3 hours 7 days a week is overkill. Im doing about 1-2 hours 3 times a week right now and its alright, I tend to want to do a bit more though. At my work peak I was doing like 3 hours 4 times a week with brazilian jiujitsu. I was getting straight As then too.

Most famous scientists actually also worked out a decent amount. You just dont hear about it often. Some were stupidly atheletic too. My jocky friends are also my smartest friends. My friend did wrestling in high school but also consistently won magic the gathering tournaments. Healthy body, healthy mind.
>>
Great responses you guys, I keep forgetting brain health on the long run, thanks guys/gurls!
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.