[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm looking for legal advice, (kinda). I recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Image.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
Hey guys, I'm looking for legal advice, (kinda). I recently sold a playing card from a game called Magic: The Gathering to an acquaintance of mine for $600, and he claims now 6 days later that it is counterfeit, which I strongly do not agree with.
Can he go to court with this? I feel like he will be laughed out of court about a piece of cardboard.
>>
>>18264991

Old magic cards can be really hard to identify as a counterfeit because the printing techniques on them were not as strict and standarized as today.

Don't think he can go to court about it, but did he even give you details how did he arrive to the conclusion that it was a fake? How did YOU get the card in the first place? He could be bullshitting.
>>
>>18264991
Court would cost way more than $600
>>
>>18265040
>>>18264991 (OP)
>Court would cost way more than $600
Thats what I thought, so it wouldnt be worth it for him?
>>
>>18264991
tell him these things, in this order

tell him you didn't know it was a fake at the time of the sale
tell him you didn't intend to sell him a counterfeit card
tell him he could just have easily ordered a chinese-made counterfeit and is now trying to scam you out of $600
tell him he has a responsibility as a buyer to check the authenticity of the products he is buying and he has already agreed to pay what he did for the item he bought, and there's no going back on this agreement
finally, tell him there's nothing you can do for him and if he wants to be such a huge faggot than he's more than welcome to spend even more money proving himself to be a fucking idiot in front of a judge inside of a court of law
>>
>>18265064
But what if it turns out to actually be fake? I could have gotten sold a fake and not known it. Do I still get boned?
>>
>>18265069
tell him that perhaps you had always owned this card and it always was a counterfeit, in which case if he wanted it to play with than it shouldn't matter because nobody will be able to tell the difference. functionally, the counterfeit is as good as the real thing, no? if he was buying to resell it then he should have been much more aware of what he was dropping $600 buckaroos on

again, even if he threatens you with legal action there is nothing he can realistically do to you. if he takes you to court you simply claim that you didn't know it was fake at the time of sale and that he has a responsibility as a buyer to protect his own assets
secondly, if you're forced to make this point while in court, you ought to prove to the judge that you had no intent of scamming your friend here, and that it is also a possibility that he bought a real card off you with a counterfeit already in his possession and is now trying to force you into forking over $600 for no good reason, and he better have some damn good evidence that you were purposely trying to cheat him

the buyer here is a fool, plain and simple. it sounds harsh and maybe a bit scummy but your best interests are probably to protect your ass and let him deal with the fake card. I dunno if you're sincere or not but that's what I would do
>>
>>18264991
You had no idea it was counterfeit. When you handed him the card and he handed you the cash that was an agreement to the transaction. Sucks a fat dick for him but you're gucci. Tabernacles are notoriously shitty printed so he's probably just an idiot. Check out this video from Rudy to see a real and fake Tabernacle side by side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLIrFdM7pHQ
>>
>>18265106
>>18265127
Thanks guys. I talked to my lawyer and he said since there was a middle man involved it will be impossible to know that the card in question was even mine.
Godspeed gents
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.