[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24, I'm still at university because I started late,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

I'm 24, I'm still at university because I started late, I've never had a boyfriend, I don't have good friends, I spent so many years being bullied that I can't even relax and have a good time at parties or in bars, I'm so behind everyone else and there's no way to have the kind of experiences that they had because I'm too old for it to be the same

If I have a boyfriend now it's not going to be as good as if I had one when I was young

The years are going by so fast I can't believe I'm 24. But I am

As a girl I'm getting close to my sell by date too and it's so scary

I hate my life I feel like I ruined my youth and I hate myself so much

advice?
>>
>>18264935
>If I have a boyfriend now it's not going to be as good as if I had one when I was young
That's such a bad attitude, and it's not even true. Teenage relationships are 95% confusion, unrealistic expectations, and heartbreak.

You're at the age where everyone is starting to figure out what they actually want. Relationships will actually be better now, and there are a lot of guys out there who would be thrilled to find a girl without a ton of baggage from past relationships. 24 is still young. You can't change the past, and you're poisoning your own future with this negative outlook.
>>
>>18264942

>You're at the age where everyone is starting to figure out what they actually want

Except for me.

There are 13 year olds with more dating experience than me

For people my age relationships are not as exciting anymore. And no matter what it will be different because I'm an adult now and I'll never get to feel what it's like to be young and in love
>>
>>18264957
So you're not looking for advice of any kind, this is just a pity-party. I think you're on the wrong board
>>
>>18264935
God damn. Even the girls like OP just want to party and fuck. I hate social do much.
>>
>>18264957
Hormones still happen at your age, you know. That amazing explosion of happiness, love and lust is still there to be had.

You're romanticizing teenage relationships way too much. Besides, they never last anyway.
>>
>>18264971
What advice did you give me?

If my outlook on my future is wrong, what outlook should I have instead?
>>
>>18264992
I think I wasted that explosion on someone who didn't want me and rejected me, so I became heartbroken for years

It's been so many years and I haven't been able to develop feelings for anyone

I think I used it all up on unrequited love

It's not necessarily teenage relationships but early twenties relationships too, I'll never experience those
>>
>>18264935
Are you fat by any chance?
>>
>>18264997
My advice was to stop romanticizing and dwelling on the teenage relationships you "missed out" on in the past. You can't travel back in time, and as I said, those young-love relationships come with plenty of drawbacks. There are a lot of people who are still heartbroken, fucked-up and unable to trust after an early relationship went badly. You're a clean slate. It could be a lot worse.

You could still fall in love and have a great relationship. But you'd wreck it if you're just full of resentment the whole time, thinking "this is fine, but it's NOT THE SAME as it would've been if it happened 6 years earlier!"

Do you honestly believe that the average 18-year-old male would make a better boyfriend/partner than the average 24-year-old? You're crazy if you do. You're just crying over spilled milk, when you should be looking towards the future with hope & optimism
>>
>>18264997
A constructive one? You can't change the past, you can shape your future (to some extent). So throw self pity out of the window and start fixing what you don't like about your life.
>>
>>18265006
Well, I feel you. I'm 23. I had that mutual explosion with someone, had a wonderful relationship for many years... and then they had that explosion for someone else and my heart broke.

That started as a teenage relationship. Died in the early twenties.

Two takeaways from this story:
1) You can love someone else somewhere down the road. That explosion isn't a one-time-deal.
2) Early relationships suck, die, and leave you heartbroken at the end.

You're lucky that you're at an age where people stop being young and stupid, and there's still plenty of hormonific explosions to be had.
>>
>>18265030
I'm so jealous of you. I wasn't good enough to have a teenage or early twenties relationship

I always feel so inferior to people who had relationships younger than me, makes me feel like shit
>>
>>18265021
But how can I fix it? If I could fix it I would have done years ago

>>18265018
It's not just teenage relationships I wish I had, but early twenties ones too

>You're a clean slate

In what way am I a clean slate? I fell for guys who didn't want me and left me heartbroken and feeling like literal trash for years, I have plenty of emotional baggage but none of the good memories that other people have along with the bad stuff
>>
>>18265066
You're either a good troll or you're literally insane. You're just having a conversation with yourself, at this point. You ignore literally every word of every post except the tiny part that confirms & validates your self-pity. You're not 40, this thread is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>18265010
95% chance
>>
>>18265066
It's funny because I feel rubbish about it myself, to the point where I almost regret all of it. In a weird way we envy each other, I guess?

It has nothing to do with being good enough. I don't know you, but I'm sure you're a great person. It's a matter of running into someone you have this connection with, chemistry, a click. For some people it takes a little longer. That's fine.

Longer wait, bigger payoff.

Have a little faith! You'll be fine.
>>
>>18265071
>It's not just teenage relationships I wish I had, but early twenties ones too
You're still IN your early twenties. Today, you're acting like any relationship that begins at the age of 24 is a "boring" version of what you could've had two years ago.

Two years in the future, when you're 26, I'm sure you'll be wailing that you missed out on the perfect, youthful relationships that you could've had at 24.

You see what I'm saying? Stop crying about the past, start focusing on today & tomorrow
>>
>>18265080
If it was just a matter of running into someone I wouldn't feel so sad

Literally almost everyone has clicked with someone by my age, I must be deformed and undesirable in some way

I just want to kill myself, I think about suicide a lot.
>>
>>18265092
There's only a year left of it.

How can you guarantee that the future won't be just as empty as my youth? I tried my best to get a boyfriend and I still didn't get one, how can you be sure I won't just fail to get a partner and spend my whole life alone?

If I can't get a partner in my prime years then there's very little chance for me getting a partner later on.
>>
>>18265098
welp... there you go... your insecurity and suicidal idealization leads me to believe you have depression... I was depressed and it was like I almost had an aura around me... people would just ignore me because wasnt "normal"
after I got my shit together and regained a huge percent in confidence/ego boosting I started to relax a bit, went out more, had amazing experiences with friends and stuff. That literally lifted me up from the bottom of the barrel I was because of my past.
also, get professional help, it is NOT a meme
>>
>>18265108
The only thing I can "guarantee" is that this self-pitying, self-defeating attitude will only make it more difficult to start & enjoy a happy relationship. You just gotta get over it, somehow. Talk to a therapist if you haven't tried that.

Just keep an open mind. Stop comparing your life to your idealized, unrealistic idea of what other people have. As people have been TRYING to tell you throughout this whole thread, the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Just keep an open mind, make an effort to meet new people, etc. Stop believing you're doomed. There are old people in nursing homes who fall in love with each other and find happiness & companionship. Then, there are other old people in nursing homes who do nothing but complain and wish they were younger.

You're neither. You're not an "old maid." You're 24. You could still fall in love, get married, have healthy children all on a "normal" time frame. Or maybe it will take longer, and that could be fine too. But you just gotta gain some perspective and stop moaning about as if you've got it worse than everyone else, because I can tell you that THIS is a universally unattractive trait. I would not want to be with someone who feels sorry for themselves like this, and acts like she's "settling" for me because I'm too old to be exciting at 24. You get what I mean? You're ruining your own happiness with this attitude
>>
>>18265132
>the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Come on now, it obviously is in my case, I experienced heartbreak without the good amazing feelings that comes with a relationship,

I would gladly take years of heartbreak for just one night with someone who loved me

I don't think I have unrealistic ideas of what relationships are like, people tell me all the time about them and I experienced heartbreak myself, it's horrible

I think the main problem I have is feeling inferior to people who were picked, who were loved. It's not just that I missed out, but that I wasn't good enough, that's what hurts the most.

Is finally finding love in a nursing home supposed to be something to look forward to? That sounds like my nightmare to me, going my whole life without experiencing relationships and then falling in love right at the end when I'm all spent.

>>18265125
I do have a therapist and have been on many medications, nothing seems to have worked but I have hope that I won't feel this way someday
>>
Oooh yikes you're 24? Yeah I only ever look at 20, 21, 22, and 23 year old girls. Good luck senpai
>>
>>18264935
do you have discord? you sound like you might be interesting to talk to

i turn 23 in a week and i start college in a couple months myself
>>
>>18264935
LARPING
>>
>>18264935
If this isn't bait, don't worry, just get a clean face and workout, do not have too high standars, i'm 21 one, i'm in my second semester at uni, i've dropped 3 times, i think i won't be able to finish this degree anyways, i'm too stupid.
I'd date you, if you were to love me, if you were to excuse my insecurities, yes, i've missed too all that teenager love, i wish i could take you and go for a date, just as if we were dumb kids on a date
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaUI6Tvd1sA

But you wouldn't, you would think i'm desesperate, which may be true to some extent, but i would wait, i would try to give you your space, you would only need to talk.

But you wouldn't date me, you'd still prefer to ignore me, which you probably do with other men and will keep doing so.

But please tell me i'm wrong, tell me that i can get a girl, also in her "late days" that will love and will love being with a dumb kid on dates
>>
>>18265192
Yes, it's desesseintess>>18265203
>>
>>18265214
need those digits
>>
>>18265203
I wouldn't ignore you and I don't ignore guys, far from it
>>
>>18265172
>I think the main problem I have is feeling inferior to people

Yes. That is your biggest problem. Instead of appreciating what you have and being grateful that it's not much worse than it is right now, you just compare yourself to anyone who has more than you then get down on yourself because you're not them. Stop worrying about what others have. Stop comparing yourself to them. There's nothing to be gained from it and it only makes you depressed.

On the other side, if you're so upset with how your life is, guess what, there's only one person in the whole fucking universe that can make it better. That's you. Your outlook on your life colors EVERYTHING YOU DO, from interpersonal relationships to self-esteem. If you feel bad for yourself, other people see. When you break yourself down, other people notice. When you act like there's something wrong or broken with you, other people pick up on it whether it's true or not. You've got 2 choices, stay stuck in your rut and mired down with everything you don't have and all the shit that's wrong with your life, or appreciate the good things you do have and start busting your ass to make your life better.
>>
>>18265214
>>18265223
>>18265224
we took the bait, now this guy won't give away the 4 digits needed
>>
>>18265223
>>
>i'm always lonely
> let's just ignore people who try to befriend me
This is why i don't believe women are lonely or anything at all
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.