[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What university are you attending? What's your major?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

What university are you attending?

What's your major?

Are you enjoying your experience?

Any tips for incoming freshman?

>pic related, where i'll be going next year to study business
>>
>>18264796
Meant to put >/uni/ general as the subject, oops.
>>
Rutgers

Genetics

It's alright, Rutgers is very clique-y, so the friends you make during your first few days are the ones you keep for the rest of your time there. Also, if your high school squad goes to Rutgers, you'll end up spending a lot of time with them as well.

Business school is very easy, so you need to get an internship ASAP. Start looking for an internship now. Join clubs to get more opportunities and meet like minded people. If you want to get into a party without paying, you need to get atleast 3 girls to come with you, so start talking to girls ASAP, so that you can get into parties.
>>
>>18264802
I'm going to the campus in Newark because I heard that it has a better business school. What do you think? I'm a bit sketched about dorming so I'll probably end up commuting. I may even look at potentially transferring schools in the future, hopefully someplace like Columbia or NYU.
>>
>>18264796
Rutgers is terrible. It's a no name school with literally nothing going for it. Enjoy unemployment
>>
>>18264819
t. NJIT
>>
>>18264818
Transferring to a good school is very uncommon, so don't assume that you'll get in just like that. Yeah iirc Newark's business school is better than NB's. Imo dorming isn't worth it if you're gonna go to Newark.

If you do want to transfer, you need to be very involved, in leadership positions, and you need a near perfect GPA.
>>
>>18264802
>Need to bring at least 3 girls
Or you could know the guys throwing it, or you can sneak in. Obviously a different story if you're trying to go to frat parties
>>
>>18264842
I'll try my hardest. I really want to become involved in student life so do you have any recommended clubs? I'm thinking about joining the Accountants Society and FBLA but I'm always interested to learn about new clubs.
>>
>>18264855
I don't know much about business clubs, but there is an involvement fair at the start of every semester, and all the clubs are out and giving out flyers and shit, so you can find clubs then, that's what I did.
>>
File: Awesome.png (508KB, 670x288px) Image search: [Google]
Awesome.png
508KB, 670x288px
>tfw going to a joke school to get a degree you don't really want filled with people you don't like
> too scared of making any decision that isn't this
>>
B8
>>
>>18264796
Rutgers New Brunswick is where its at. Any questions?

rutgers Camden and newark is for commuters.
Newark is ghetto as fuck. I went to high school there.
The main campus is like 3 blocks from the south ward, where a shit ton of druggies and gangbangers live.
>>
Rutgers is extremely clique-y like >>18264802 said

I have no idea why you'd want to go to the Newark campus though, NB is probably the best one.

If you want to avoid being involved with fucking weirdos 24/7, just avoid the anime/gaming clubs. They're fucking terrible, the people in these clubs are retarded, and 99% of the time it's like reliving the first 2 years of highschool. Endless fucking drama, I hate the goddamn clubs and people in them. Like, they even look like the stereotypical 4chan user.

And I'm not sure how the Newark campus is, but smoking asians fucking everywhere. And not just that, they're also foreign and have no goddamn sense of personal space, hygiene, or manners. Sitting in the dining hall near them is like listening to a vacuum cleaner.

This place sucks dude, just find people who are most like you that aren't obsessed with KPop and anime and you'd be good. So like, the non-neckbeard types in the Melee club.
>>
File: 1413505200548.jpg (344KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1413505200548.jpg
344KB, 1920x1080px
>>18264796
Central Washington University

Geology

I'm enjoying my experience, however extremely burnt out from classes. One more year and I can apply for graduation.

Some advice I can give is if you really don't know what you want to do after college career-wise, then take all the general education requirements and take one day at a time to focus on your happiness and abilities. Also, a few bad grades in some classes are NOT the end of the world, so don't stress too much over that. Getting internships or research under professors is a great way to stand out on a resume, so definitely take the time to do those things.
>>
I'm going to WSU right now, but my visa expires next year so I will be returning to mexico.

I majored in aerospace engineering.
>>
File: Florida_Gators_logo.svg.png (160KB, 1280x831px) Image search: [Google]
Florida_Gators_logo.svg.png
160KB, 1280x831px
University of Florida

Physics

It's been pretty nice so far. Although classes are pretty intense. I just had three finals today. ufffff, but I'm done. Even got a research position for the summer.
>>
>>18265226
What college?
>>
File: klad.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
klad.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>18265634
New College of Florida, Computer Science. I'm not sure if I want to do Computer Science and I don't really like anyone here.
>>
>>18265623
>>18265659

Kys
>>
>>18265720
butthurt? m8.
>>
>>18265723
Fuck off with your spoiled brat schools
>>
>>18265755
UF spoiled brat school?
Florida is a way cheaper school than say, Rutgers.
It's an affordable and good university.

It's not my fault that you didn't get in. Don't take it out on me.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.