[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 27 years old. After years of failure I dropped out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: af2fc999.jpg (43KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
af2fc999.jpg
43KB, 637x900px
I'm 27 years old.

After years of failure I dropped out of high school in my senior year when I was 18.

Since then I've spent every day sitting in my room in front of my computer doing anything I can to stave off boredom.

I have hobbies but I lack the motivation and work ethic to take them to a professional level.

I have never had an intimate relationship of any kind, or even anything remotely close to an intimate encounter. The only girlfriend I had was a neighbor girl when I was 5 who stopped knocking on my door when she found out where my best friend lived.

I haven't made a friend in ten years. The most recent active friendship I have is from twenty years ago.

I've never had a job of any kind. The only income I have is a quarterly sales tax rebate and anything I get from family for my birthday or Christmas.

The only thing I really have an active interest in is not being hungry. I weigh over 300 pounds, possibly close to 400.

It's only when I take stock of my situation as I'm doing now that I realize I've wasted my life.

Is there anything I can do to fix myself or is there only one end to the path I've been on?
>>
>>18264230

There is. 27 ain't too late to change.

You'll have to start from scratch. If you can go to a gym/eat better and afford it, do it. Then you'll want to take a job, usually retail, and work up from there.

Your family will appreciate your efforts to change and help you.
>>
>>18264230
How the hell have you survived? Who's paying your rent?
>>
>>18264447

I live with my Mom
>>
First things first, go to your mom and tell her that you're unhappy and want to change your life by getting to a healthy weight and finding a job so youre doing something with your life.

The two of you then can start working together to create a meal and exercise plan.
>>
>>18264230
>lack the motivation and work ethic to take them to a professional level

It's a bit of a catch-22 however the first step is to get a job. It will give you a sense of accomplishment and motivation to continue.

>try new thing
>predictable result
>positive emotion
>repeat loop
>>
>>18264447
rent???

Oh my god...
>>
first two sentences are exactly me. but i then went to college and now have a pretty good job.

but still im crushingly lonely, even though i have two friends i see somewhat regularly. i kind of envy you. you don't have to go out in the world, which is painful for a sub-human who will never have a gf and be a lifelong virgin like me. i wish i could sit on my ass and browse the internet all day.
>>
How have you only just realised you are wasting your life?
>>
>>18265684

I just turned 27 and realized how close I am to thirty. In my mind I've still been in my late teens.
>>
>>18265736
Wtf is wrong with you? I lack the understanding on how someone can survive on this lifestyle. Holy shit it sounds so dull.
>>
>>18265743

It's the only life I've ever known.

My 15 year old sister just got her first job and she's getting a check for a couple hundred bucks every two weeks. That kind of money is incomprehensible to me. If I want to spend $500 on something I have to save for years. I've only made three major ($500+) purchases in my entire life.
>>
>>18264230
Definitely not too late. Stop overeating and join a gym. Take care of your body not just for your physical health, but for the mental aspect. Assume responsibility over your body.

Get literally any legitimate job. Retail is very useful for building social skills if you're a shut in, you'll make money and won't be wasting your time on the computer.

Forget about motivation. You need to discipline yourself to do things you will not like doing but are good for you all the same. Being a responsible adult isn't as fun as being a comfy NEET but it's more fulfilling. Right now you feel like you've wasted your life, but will you feel the same tomorrow? Months or years from now? You have to keep the end goal in sight every single day but it's far from impossible, you can do this if you really and truly want it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.