[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you talk about life to friends without being accused of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1-disneyland_castle.jpg (198KB, 1000x450px) Image search: [Google]
1-disneyland_castle.jpg
198KB, 1000x450px
How do you talk about life to friends without being accused of humblebragging? I have a hard time figuring out where I start being a douchebag and where my friends start being jealous.

For example, I'm going to Disneyland Paris as part of a family vacation & visit to see some friends as part of my dad's 60th birthday later this year. I asked my close group if they had been to another Disneyland before and what they liked (knowing at least two had been to one), and got absolutely ripped on for "humblebragging" that I could afford to travel when they struggle to make rent.

I work hard, but my parents are reasonably well off, so I feel like I can never work hard enough. I'm sleeping on a couch for like 60% of this trip.

Do I just keep quiet about everything that isn't poverty?
>>
sounds like your friends are jealous dude
>>
>>18263487
I don't think that's humble bragging

Look up examples of humble bragging if you need to see what exactly that entails

Tbh humble bragging is like a meme phrase anyway I've been accused of it, and I don't boast about anything I do at all

>>18263491
They are probably just jealous mate
>>
>>18263487
Just don't talk about yourself.
>>
That's not humblebragging. Humblebragging is shit like "completely ruined my favourite jeans rescuing a cat from a tree." What you said is a perfectly normal thing to ask, you were just asking for travel advice.

Take it from me though: just don't mention anything about money around friends who struggle with it. It sucks that they're making you feel guilty about not being broke but there's really nothing you can do without making it sound like you're on your high horse, I know from experience.
>>
>>18263487
>How do you talk about life to friends without being accused of humblebragging?
Get better friends, I guess.

First off, I don't think your friends understand what humblebragging even IS. "Just got back from Disneyland Paris and I'm absolutely exhausted. I guess just don't have as much energy for that stuff as I did as a kid." THAT would be humblebragging, and kind of obnoxious. If anything, what you said would just have been plain old BRAGGING.

Except not really, because it's a reasonable thing to talk about, and it's not your fault at all that they're insecure about not having money. You didn't do anything wrong.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.