[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meet girl online >she's easy to talk to, has a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>meet girl online
>she's easy to talk to, has a good sense of humor, and is very similar to me
>personality wise she's perfect gf material
>seems to really like me too
>just one flaw
>she's overweight

What do, /adv/? She says she's trying to lose it. She was very pretty in her pictures which were apparently taken before she gained weight. I know if she was like 20lbs lighter I'd be absolutely obsessed with her. But right now I'm just....not. We met online and I was really excited to see her but then I was extremely disappointed, which is a shame. I lost my excitement and sexual drive towards this woman.

I don't know if I'm just being petty and she's optimum gf or this is going to be a legit problem in the future. Should I still invest my time into her? Should emotional connection trump physical connection? People on 4chan, especially in places like /fit/, always preach once they're fat they won't go back. This has me worried that it might be true and she'll continue to be fat and not the skinny beautiful woman she was. I don't know if I can trust her weight loss. I want to though. It's literally just her weight. I feel like it shouldn't bother me so much.
>>
20 lbs is pretty easy if they're actually trying
>>
>>18263389
talk about how you want a gym buddy, see if she'll go with you. if she really wants to lose the weight she'll be interested, if she doesn't then she'll make an excuse
>>
>>18263389

You met her online. She doesn't count, you fucking retard. This isn't going to be a relationship, it isn't a long-term thing where you concern yourself with a bunch of deep thoughts about it. She's going to remain fat, you're going to remain obsessed with some girl you met on a forum.

Stop it.
>>
>>18263389
>I don't know if I'm just being petty
You are. Not that there's anything wrong with that necessarily, some people are shallow assholes, it's whatever. But if you really liked her, you could get over her being slightly overweight.

Just remember, even if she were the hottest piece of ass on earth, some day she's going to be a badly aging wrinkled old prune.
>>
if shes not close to you geographically speaking its not worth the effort, if you're not sexually attracted its probably not worth it.
>>
>>18263389
where'd you meet her anon

also post pics
>>
>>18263500
prob a good idea

>>18263529
Usually overweight would be an instant dealbreaker but the fact that we connected so well makes me hesitant. If I'm not sexually attracted to her or don't think she's pretty I don't see it as any more than a glorified friendship.

>>18263552
Actually we go to the same university, we just met through some club page and connected online first.

Sometimes I look through her Facebook profile and pretend that's who I'm talking to. Even her most recent pic she looks pretty good and that was a few months ago.
>>
>>18263577
well anon would you be willing to help her make good choices and help her lead a healthy lifestyle

it's really easy to lose weight and if you're there for her both emotionally and physically it'll most likely stay off
>>
>>18263584
Yeah I would, I suppose I'd at least offer to help her.
>>
>>18263588
then it's definitely worth a shot

she might try harder if you dick her though
>>
>>18263577
>Usually overweight would be an instant dealbreaker
That's a you problem, not a her problem. Look, I used to feel the same way. I wanted a "classically physically attractive" girl because let's be real, they're the most physically attractive. But physical attributes are both the most fleeting and the most difficult to overcome. Not being sexually attracted to overweight chicks is like not being sexually attracted to black chicks or not sexually attracted to red-heads. You either cope with it because everything else about her is everything you're looking for, or you cut her loose and find someone that fits your scorecard better.

The real question is, is your dating stock high enough to pass up an opportunity for such a petty reason?
>>
>>18263599
It's more like would I find a more physically attractive gf with a bit less of a personal connection, or would cut some physical attraction for a more personal connection.

The main thing is that since I don't really have much excitement anymore, if it will ever come back. I'm worried there won't be a "honeymoon phase" and if that's a bad thing. It would be different if we were incredibly attracted to each other at first but then got uglier over time, but we still liked each other anyway because were already incredibly close.
>>
>>18263529
>>18263389

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having physical standards just like personal and emotional standards. Those standards also change with your age and connection with a person. If you don't have it in the beginning of a romantic interest then that's bad because it's only going to go downhill from there.

It's pretty stupid to call someone with different subjective standards than your own a shallow asshole.
>>
>>18263577
if you guys are in college don't write her off so quickly, she's still at an age where her weight can fluctuate pretty easily. if she's been skinny up until now she will probably have an easier time becoming skinny again.
>>
>>18263482
This. I lost 30 lbs in 4 months OP just with dieting
>>
>>18263389
Know what you're interested and set limits. There's a big difference between not dating someone due to race vs. being them being unhealthy. Physical attraction is a part of natural selection, so don't try and rationalize yourself outside of being human. Obesity can be an outward manifestation of internal problems.

Also the way someone seems when you first meet them will usually be a totally different person a few years down the road.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.