[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to get away with lying on your resume? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1489710822808.png (333KB, 411x563px) Image search: [Google]
1489710822808.png
333KB, 411x563px
Is it possible to get away with lying on your resume? I've had resume reviews and everything, the paper itself is fine, it's just my lack of jobs and the length I stayed at each. How likely are emplyers at say, mcdonalds or Arbys, to check up on your references and previous emplyers by giving them a call?
>>
>>18262665
>Is it possible to get away with lying on your resume?

Yes.

>How likely are emplyers at say, mcdonalds or Arbys, to check up on your references and previous emplyers by giving them a call?

Extremely unlikely. Don't exaggerate by more than, like, 6 months, though. Not worth it if you do get caught.

It's more helpful just to exaggerate what your job duties were.

e.g., If you ever trained anyone, even if it wasn't in your job description, include that, etc.
>>
>>18262665

At that level, not much at all. You can lie on your resume, but if you put too much experience on your resume, McD's & Arbys aren't going to hire you, assuming you're going somewhere else.

Lies on your resume shouldn't stretch the truth too much. For example, mine says I stayed at a job 6 months longer than I did at a job five years ago, so I don't have to be bothered filling in an "unemployment gap" for what amounted to me fucking around for a few months after quitting a job.
>>
They'll burn your ass for it, and it is far easier to find out today than 20 years ago.

Take it from someone who has read resumes: a good one is a short one. It should look something like this...

>name
>degree/trade*
>short personal statement
>contact info

>2003-2005 first job
>duties & accomplishments
>contact info

>2005-2011 second job
>contact info

>2011-present third job
>contact info

Word-wall resumes hurt my butt. How can you expect me to hire you after you hurt my butt? "Duties & accomplishments" should be one or two lines long per job, preferably one. It should also be the longest part of anything.

*If you never attended anything past high school, just list your high school and focus on your work history. If all the work history is out of business and unreachable then it certainly sucks to be me.
>>
What matters is stepping up your resume game. The resume is selling yourself like an advertisement. You want to show them why you are preferable to anybody else they can choose. Like hypothetical, say you have a thing where you obsess over self improvement. Trying to become smarter by reading books on how to become smarter. Stuff like this. You use this to tell them that makes you an employee that improves and gets better over time. Which is a huge advantage as compared to an employee that doesn't really care about improving quickly. That this improvement mentality is probably hard to come by. That would be something to mention if you did that. It would also demonstrate smart priorities which makes you look smart. You keep adding on these things. Making yourself more and more valuable. More and more like a deal they can't pass up on.

Even if you were only at jobs for a little while earlier, you can say that it's all in the past and lately you've really wanted to step up your game. Or something that completely invalidates any failures you've had that they can see. Show that you've grown and changed your priorities drastically to something they can count on. Make them see past what you can offer in just past experience.

You want them to feel like they're going to be an idiot and miss out on a great opportunity if they don't hire you. If you combine this with reading guides on how to be really smart during interviews then you'll be able to get a job easy anywhere. You also are hinting to me that you're not aware of major job hunting websites. Those websites list thousands of jobs in your area that match your qualifications. You can make a sick looking resume and make it public on that website so any employer can see it.Just google "The best job hunting websites" And you'll get sites that show you lists of the best ones. Bookmark those and make accounts on them and dive in and check it out. You can get way better paying jobs than arbys or mcdonalds.
>>
>>18262685
Don't listen to this person either OP. If your wall of text is an enticing deal listing qualities that they can't pass up on that gets better and better the more they read then your wall text will be a delight instead of a burden. I also think there's an issue that this person finds it bothersome to have to take a whole extra 2 minutes to read something. It doesn't take very long to read a few paragraphs. I don't think this is a typical perspective of somebody who reviews resumes.
>>
>>18262685
You're a lazy selection and recruitment worker, get outta our area
>>
>>18262711
>>18262812

SECRET LIFEHAX: write your resume like the man you're sending it to is reading several hundred of them.

He was sent several thousand, and the coupla hundred were the ones which passed the first-glance examination. Text walls can be useful if you KNOW your resume is being parsed by a robot.

There's a time for explaining yourself in depth, that time is the interview. If you aren't getting any interviews then consider trimming some of the fake bullshit out of those little letters you're spamming.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.