[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does "taking a break" in a relationship work? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: hhgLF.jpg (561KB, 980x2872px) Image search: [Google]
hhgLF.jpg
561KB, 980x2872px
Does "taking a break" in a relationship work?

I've taken a break in previous relationships before but obviously, it didn't work out.

Need insight from anyone in a healthy relationship for 5+ years
>>
>>18261238
Easy.

You have balls and break up. Or
You have brains and solve the problem. Or
You are little bitch scared to break up, so you just take a break.
>which is the same as actual break up, it just last longer and is confusing for both parties.
>>
>>18261238
>take break
>someone always sleeps around
>always creates hate between the couple later
>>
>>18261238
Depends on the couple
No definite answer can be given but I would say that it more often ends in tragedy. That doesn't mean you have to give up, but to keep your expectations realistic
>>
I didn't initiate the break. She did. We both trust each other in terms of faithfulness. We've been together for 3 years and this is the first time this has ever happened and this is our first real "fight." I told her that breaks are stupid and don't work. I just hope she takes the time to realize that I'm not perfect.

Context: Quit my really well paying job to move back closer to her, family, and close friends, without having a job set for me. Currently job hunting. Being homesick made me burnt out. Tip: Don't ever move to Oklahoma if you come from a populated area.
>>
>>18262409
I do not give a fuck about the faithfulness you had, a break means she has a get out of jail free card for anything she does. Solve your problems while still together or let her go.
>>
>>18262423

how do you know that it's a get outta jail free card? She's a homebody, lives with her parents, few friends, very selective with people she associates with, no vices, etc. I think she's perfect except for the fact that she isn't open minded about the risk I took.
>>
>>18261238
It "works" as well as any vague, confusing and upsetting relationship dynamic. It "works" as well as people who refuse to make their relationship with you public because of [reasons]. Meaning, it doesn't work that well at all.
>>
>>18261238
it works great if your intention is to end the relationship permanently.
>>
7+ year relationship - took many breaks. He also cheated, was previously married, used women as safety nets. Was not worth it.
Find someone that is confident, assertive, loyal to you and above all else, in love with only you.
Good luck
>>
>>18261238
Why is this question constantly posted on here?
Breaks dont "work".
Something in your relationship caused you to want to break up.
A healthy relationship will work on this hardship together or allow space and understanding until it is fixed.
If you need to physically get away from your significant other in order to get the help you need the you have an issue in your relationship that is being ignored instead of fixed.
>>
>>18262409
Damn, you made a big sacrifice to be near her and she does that to you. She should be more understanding about the burnout, that shit is tough. Do you think money could be an issue? Did she benefit much from your well paying job?

I'd say take the break, go back to your old job or a town with more prospects. Keep looking for a job near her during this time and move back when you find one. But keep your options open, you might meet a less selfish woman.
>>
>>18262432
Yeah sorry OP. I am bias from my experience with a break in a relationship, my gf of 3 years used it to get used to being without me and left me out to dry for that month. I assumed she slept around hence "get out of jail free card" and couldn't bare to tell me so she just cut me off when i asked when the break was going to be over. I don't see it as an effective tool.
>>
>>18261238
No. One of you will sleep around.

Or if she initiated, she's already got a dude waiting.
>>
Nothing "works" if you're a man and your sexual market value is low. Go exercise buddy.
>>
>>18261238
Two 5+ year relationships.

Took breaks in both.

Relationship #1 Break
> I made out with someone.
> They called me a cheater and said if I loved them I wouldn't have done it.
> I said if they loved me they wouldn't have called for a break I didn't want.
> Broke up.

Relationship #2 Break
> They full-on dated someone else for like 3 months.
> Sex and everything.
> Also banged some other rando.
> Came back, confessed everything, professed eternal love, etc.
> I took them back.
> They cheated again.
> Broke up.

-10/10, do not recommend.

If your relationships is solid there's no need for a "break," either resolve your problem(s) or break up.

TL;DR - Breaks are bullshit.
>>
>>18262460
sorry. i haven't been on chan in years and for some reason, i decided to hit the advice board these past few days

>>18262547

She says that i wasn't proactive enough during the situation before i decided to quit. Proactive by looking for jobs and having the job set. She said she's scared that if we end up getting married and i get sick of my job, i'd take such a risk. We're both in our mid 20s so we've been talking about plans. I loved my job but damn if 5 days of a week you focus on your career and 2 days is your only real personal time. you can feel burnt out. Money isn't an issue. saved significantly. Ideally, it would've been easier for her to move in with me, so i could deal with the homesickness but she works in a corporate office for a high end department store. Chances of finding a job for her would be hard in oklahoma.

>>18262563
its al good. I figured you had your heartbroken pretty badly. I also agree with "breaks" being ineffective. It's just avoiding the problem. Ive tried and tried to solve this problem so she insisted we take a break.

>>18262598
nah neither of us will. I know she's head over heels over me and I'm the same exact way.

>>18262604
wtf does that mean? Thanks I've been doing that.

>>18262618
i agree but its the one solution we haven't tried yet up to this point. I really hope that she misses me as much as i miss her. Oddly enough, i feel like i could live without her but i think its just my ego and I'm putting up my fences just in case she decides this will lead to a break up
>>
File: We_were_on_a_break.gif (988KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
We_were_on_a_break.gif
988KB, 500x297px
>>18261238
Did you ever watch friends anon?
>>
>>18261238
It's a good way to get cucked if that's your thing bro
>>
>>18262859
nope.

>>18262875
the past few days I've been browsing chan, everyone's into getting cucked and into traps. i miss the old 4chan. what the hells the deal with these fetishes?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.