[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being shy a bad thing? Why do some people look down upon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Is being shy a bad thing? Why do some people look down upon shy people?
>>
File: 1483053113784.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1483053113784.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
Being shy is usually linked with being a bit insecure or very insecure. Never met a shy person that was completely confident and spoke their mind. It's not a bad thing but its not ideal. Shy people can make people feel uncomfortable.

I'm pretty shy and I always get comments on how I'm quiet. I understand that my actions or lack thereof do have an impact on people which is why most prefer those who are confident and assured in who they are.
>>
>>18260513
in girls it's cute, but men are expected to have some balls and exert confidence.
>>
Society is a game of pulling people down for funsies, the smartest learn to pull people down quickly and being shy means you aren't adept at the game, so some people think they have to teach you by bullying you. They call it 'adjustment' or 'hazing' or whatever BS excuse they use to be a shit.

So shyness is naturally the symbol of an ill-adjusted or otherwise nasty person in the groupthink, after all shy guys always hide nasty pepl or serial killers rite? that's why they have to beat you to be right. Never question it, OP. Just take it, or you'll be a weird faggot. You don't want to be a weird faggot, do you?
>>
>>18260513
Shy guy here. It's the worst thing, I want to kms.
>>
>>18260513
When you're a kid its cute

When you're an adult, it's pathetic. What kind of grown adult can't manage to talk to other adults? It's creepy and weird.
>>
It's simple. People don't like to be shy so they don't like to be around people that is shy because it makes then feel insecure.
>>
File: 1480382454716s.jpg (5KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1480382454716s.jpg
5KB, 250x236px
>>18261858
^ I can agree with anon
shit sucks ass and it raises your suicidal tendencies
>>
>>18261858
>>18263562
So stop complaining and do something about it. Put yourself out there, exposure is the best way to become less shy. I know from experience.
>>
Everyone's (or most people) first instinct is to be shy or anxious, part of growing up and being succesful is learning to overcome this feeling.

This does not happen once, there is no moment when one vanquishes shyness. It is an every day thing for succesful people. Every day you encounter anxiety and every day it is your job to look it in the face and act despite it.

"Shy people" are treated like losers because they are, they face what we all face and lose. It's hard to respect someone like that.
>>
>>18261586
Lol I'm a shy girl, no it's not. Maybe for you weirdos. I get the same treatment as shy men
>>
shyness is usually an indication of inexperience. It is a form of signaling that you don't quite know what to do/what to say in a certain situation. No one (that doesn't have some serious issues where they actually want to play mommy/daddy) wants to be with people who haven't gotten the experience to get over that hurdle yet and gained the confidence to show it.

A.K.A: you're a beta faggot that still needs to man-up (also counts for females but they can get away with more)
>>
>>18263902
>>18264119

You're a fucking pussy OP read these and stop using your shyness as a crutch cause no one cares
>>
>>18263932
>I get the same treatment as shy men
No, you don't, dumb cunt.
>>
>>18264331

Nah shy girls do
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.