[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm seeing pain in everyone I meet, so having more trouble

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: LUe9Ags.jpg (128KB, 850x569px) Image search: [Google]
LUe9Ags.jpg
128KB, 850x569px
Hey /adv/,

I've never been especially good with small-talk and things of that nature, but things are becoming ridiculous. I can barely look directly at people, let alone talk to them, without becoming overwhelmed by the sense that they are suffering in some sense (inb4 they are suffering because of proximity to me).

It's something about the eyes, the sitting of shoulders, the way people fidget, their unhealthy skin-tones and unfit bodies, the quiet knowledge that we're all struggling for survival or security, the belief that we're all at least a little afraid that we'll never be loved and understood as we'd like to be.

Life is generally getting a little harder in my city, but not enough that I think the problem is external. I feel like there's something wrong with me. Maybe I'm just projecting my inner fears - imposing them wherever my intuition detects sad/angry body language?
But that wouldn't make a lot of sense, because I'm feeling relatively good about my own life these days.

Whatever it is, I want it to stop.

I have a history of Depression, but I'm being treated and having some conventional success in day-to-day life. It's confusing, that I'm seeing pain which was invisible to me before whilst doing "better".

Is the world just that damn sad (even in the West)?

If the world is that damn sad, how do I make the sadness invisible again?

Please help.
>>
Check out the book The Highly Sensitive Person. Might fit you.
>>
Looks pretty relevant, going by the description.

Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
You're welcome. Good luck. :-)
>>
I had this problem until I went to my doctor to fix my depression.

Now I still have my ability to read people really well WITHOUT wanting to cry because everyone is so sad lol
>>
We are all the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

It's foolish to cling onto life too hard, life should be worn like a good pair of shoes, not put on a pedestal to dry out and never be worn.

Pain is a natural part of life, if you acknowledge it and put thought into it, you'll suffer twice.
Just live with it man.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.