[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

26 year old NEET, 100+ job applications in the last year, living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

26 year old NEET, 100+ job applications in the last year, living with parents

Seriously considering leaving home and living in a forest or something, as though I never existed

Modern life and the pressures to get a job and house when you obviously can't (I have a bad stutter and no one likes stutterers in the workplace apparently -- feedback from interview last week) just getting me down

Honestly wouldn't care if I died in the forest due to starvation or whatever, i think I would be genuinely happy with this arrangement

What do -- is my idea mad? Should I drive myself to extreme despair through fruitless job searching? Any survival tips? etc etc etc
>>
>>18260473

Ever considered working online?

Check elance, upwork etc. Depending on your skills you might be able to make a few bucks per week, which is already better than nothing. You'll also get experience, portfolio material if you work with writing (which can help you irl later) and no-one will ever know about your issue.

Also, have you tried to seek medical help?
>>
>>18260488
I just want to get out of the house , but will look into those options

Also medical help for what, there isn't a cure for being useless
>>
>>18260494

For the stuttering, nigger.

There is a multitude of possible ways of solving stuttering. From exercises to surgery, there's a wide array of things that can be done about your condition. Don't be so hopeless about it.
>>
I was where you are a little while ago, as far as being a hopeless NEET goes.

I didn't have a stutter, but I was very anxious when speaking to others; so often ended up messing up what I was trying to say. I got the distinct impression that people thought I was Special Needs.

Some things which helped me were:
1) Doing some volunteering in the local community.
2) Doing some cash-in-hand work for a family friend.

My confidence improved, which helped me become better at speaking to others and not making silly mistakes in a panic.

I also got myself some recent references, which was very helpful when applying to jobs.

And getting a little cash was nice too. It was only a little, but it let me look forward to taking myself out for a nice meal or buying a new game from time-to-time. Also helped me put together a decent outfit for interviews.

If you have those sorts of opportunities, I recommend taking them up. It's slow progress, but still progress.
>>
>>18260473
i cannot help you OP. But how the fuck did you ge your parents to support you for that long? im 18, finished high school 6 months ago and they will not stop bitching at me, turning the internet off, waking me up early, applying for job interviews for me etc. how do i get them to let me neet?

>>18260523
Same thing, except i want to be a neet, and hate working.

i get forced to go to job interviews by my parents and i just fuck them up, its not even on purpose. I have no clothes except band merch and skinnys so i turn up in that, combined with my social skills of a potato and extreme anxiety, i just want to cry before, after and during every interview. I honestly think if i was made to work i would off myself, life is already shit, but being forced out of my cozy neet space would just push me off the edge
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.