[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im in final year of an accounting course in my local community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1492103926620.jpg (34KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492103926620.jpg
34KB, 480x854px
Im in final year of an accounting course in my local community college/ f.e college - If I pass this year (formality at this stage) I will get into second year of An accounting degree in a local university (3 year degree)

Thing is , I've been offered a full time financial job with a local medical packaging firm - salary is competitive for my local area (i.e. not great) but at least it is somthing and there is chance for progression

I had planned on getting my degree and emigrating, but with a real job offer on the table i don't know what to do. Im 23 and time is cracking on a bit, I really dont know if I can take another 2 years of being a broke student

Any advice, opinions or experiences to help me out ? In particular - what would you do if you were in my situation ?
>>
>>18258346
Once i got a real job i simply decided that school was not worth the effort anymore.

In school they dont pay you, you have to constantly improve yourself, do hard stuff and nobody praises you.

At work they pay you, tasks are very simple, boss praises you if you manage well.

My advice? Stick to school until you finish it. You will work for the rest of life anyway. Enjoy it while you can.

>do i regret droppung out of school?
No. And i keep telling myself i can go back and finish the last year anytime i want. But everybody knows (me included) that it wont ever happen. Simply school sucks compared to job you like.

Try to aim at part time job at the firm. So you can keep the school and the job at the same time.
>>
>>18258346
Experience > Degrees

Your degree is training for the job you're already being offered. Don't believe the thinkpieces on degrees written by liberal arts graduates. I employ people and I would take someone with 4 years of well served accounting experience over someone who spent 4 years training to be an accountant.
>>
>>18258346
>Defer your entrance into the next university or become a part-time student.
>Take the job.
>Save money.
>Try your best not to settle down or get someone pregnant.
>finish degree over the next 3 years
>Emigrate in 3-4 years with a nice safety net in case shit goes wrong.
>>
>>18258674
I know what you mean but I get the feeling that without a degree I won't be considered by larger firms or with said firm in op for promotion- I suppose the whole experience vs qualifications is at the descrepency the employer

>>18258686
Part time employment is not an option im afraid, I could do the degree part time , but I have to be honest with myself and the realist inside me says I would lack motivation and lose interest doing a part time night class 1 night a week for 3 years

>Try your best not to settle down or get someone pregnant

This actually plays on my mind alot , in many ways im still a kid whilst most of my friends are working with money and responsibilities, a few have even moved in with their girlfriend's and have kids

Sure I think 23 is a bit young for some of that, but I always thought that by 23 I would at least be "on my way" I still live a life similar to how I did when I was 18- but I guess that is for a different thread
>>
>>18258346

take the job, experience is worth way more than the degree and you can always go back to take the extra classes (or do them online while you are working the job)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.