[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go about making truly huge desicions? I have 6 days,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: StrelokLight.jpg (124KB, 510x610px) Image search: [Google]
StrelokLight.jpg
124KB, 510x610px
How do you go about making truly huge desicions? I have 6 days, now, (really 4), to settle between two choices.

Option one
>Go to expensive and prestigious university out-of-state. I would have to move to that state immediately after high school and get a job to afford a small place (with the help of my family) so I can get in-state tuituon for my sophomore year. This will put incredible financial strain on my family and involves living alone at 18. But, this school is one of the best for the field i'm going into.

Option two
>Go to a school in-state, which my family can easily afford. However, this school is of less prestige and isn't specialized for my field (or, what I think will be my field).
Possibly transfer into one of the better in-state schools junior year.

Obviously nobody can make this decision for me but how do I go about realizing what I want and being okay with the decision I make?
>>
>>18258205
> how do I go about realizing what I want
Write out a list of your values. You want more of what you value and you want to be the one to create it.

>How do you go about making truly huge desicions?
Reference that list.

>being okay with the decision I make?
Look into religion. Remember that all decisions are both imperfect and also informative.
>>
write a pros and cons list
>>
>>18258205
What is the major?
>>
>>18258317
Computer Science, though I might change course
>>
>>18258205
Flip a coin. If it flips on the right side, do as it says. If it flips on wrong side, flip again.

Easy.
>>
>>18258205
>make a list of pros and cons
>evaluate pros and cons
>acknowledge pros and cons that are deal breakers (budget)
>acknowledge pros and cons that are emotionally based (comfort zone, family)
>assess ways to overcome cons for both
>evaluate any downside to pros

Keep in mind any long term goals and core values when evaluating pros and cons.
>>
If you can get federal loans, it might be worth it going to the expensive school. If you can't find a job afterwards, there are tons of programs that let you pay less (or not pay anything) on your loans. Yeah, your debt will balloon ridiculously, but after 25 years it is gone (you have to pay the taxes on it but there are ways out of that or paying less too).

If you can only get private loans, don't go to the expensive school. You are FUCKED if you can't find a job - they are like loan sharks. Trust me on this.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.