[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, I was arrested a couple of months ago for a very minor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: PoliceReport#2.png (3MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
PoliceReport#2.png
3MB, 2550x3300px
Hey /adv/, I was arrested a couple of months ago for a very minor violation, and now it seems that they are looking to put me through trial. The thing is, the crime is very innocuous. I was basically sitting in a lounge area with my laptop when I was ordered to leave by one of the owners. So, I left. Apparently, though, a cop decided to come arrest me at my home without even asking me for my side of the story first. I'd like to scan the police report too so that you can see how dumb this case is. Anyway, I was forced to hire a lawyer and now the DA plans to go to trial over this and the biggest bullshit is that the plea deal is 60 days prison. The one thing working against me is that I do have a trespassing crime prior on an unrelated case that happened 4 years ago, but now I'm forced to go through a $5,000 trial because I was looking for a quiet space with my laptop, and I don't have that kind of money handy. I was thinking about starting a gofundme page to try to help pay for all my upcoming fees. I'm forced to choose spending $5000 + extra fees for tiral or sitting 60 days in prison.
>>
The police report says you went into a private office in a closed building

Either you're full of shit or you'll easily be able to prove you were in an open public area
>>
>>18257730
I kinda remember you making threads about this a while ago. What was the story again? Weren't you "looking for a quiet space with your laptop" in a building where you used to work, where they fired you, and explicitly told you not to come on the premises again? Wasn't your prior trespassing case 100% related to this one?
>>
File: PoliceReport#1.png (4MB, 2250x2912px) Image search: [Google]
PoliceReport#1.png
4MB, 2250x2912px
>>18257735
it was an unlocked lounge room. I'm going to be arrested for something like that? Heres her side of the story by the way.

#1) The rice cooker was already in the room
#2) 'loose clothes' was my jacket
#3) I've never said anything about 'paying' for it.
#4) my dad took pictures after the fact and she actually used the wrong room.
#5) She told the district attorney she saw a sleeping bag, but she didn't tell the cop that.
>>
>>18257740
>>Wasn't your prior trespassing case 100% related to this one?

wrong. different people, different circumstances, different building.
>>
>>18257763
What about the rest of the post? I don't remember you too clearly, but I remember you revealed a lot more to this story than you're saying right now.

You used to work in this building, right? You didn't just pick a random spot to use free Wi-Fi, you definitely have a personal history with this place & the people accusing you of trespassing
>>
>>18257769
I've never worked in this building .... ever. Theres an app called free wifi locator and thats how I find out about this place. The person that got me arrested does NOT know me and has not accused me of trespassing prior. Just my luck it was the same cop who got me arrested in the first place which is why he arrested me without even asking some basic questions first.
>>
>>18257778
I guess I'll drop it for now, because I honestly don't remember the specifics. But you've made threads about this case on /adv/ before, right? I remember a very similar thread about getting charged with trespassing for using the Wi-Fi in an office building, and it was gradually revealed that the situation was much sketchier than OP tried to describe it. I'm pretty sure you're not telling the whole story here
>>
>have a prior for trespassing
>still walking into random offices to steal wifi
You're gonna get a fine or community service and you'll deserve it.

Pay your stupid tax and learn your lesson this time
>>
>>18257756
>an unlocked lounge room
What kind of room was it? Was it the lobby of an office? An employees lounge? Did you leave right away and not give them trouble? How close is your previous charge to the circumstances in this? Because it's weird as fuck that they'd be making things like up for no reason, and that the DA and police would be unwilling to let you off easy for something like that.
>>
>a cop decided to come arrest me at my home
How did he know it was you? Is there some kind of footage, or anything that proves that you were there?
>>
>>18257730
This fucking guy again...

Just pay for your own I internet you cheap bastard
>>
>>18257976
I told the woman my name because I didn't think I was doing anything wrong

>>>an unlocked lounge room
You know those lounge rooms they have outside those cafe areas, it was like that. And I left right away when she asked me to. It's a similar charge and it was the same cop that arrested me.

>>>You're gonna get a fine or community service and you'll deserve it.
They're pushing 60 days prison time.
>>
>>18258351
Have your lawyer get a copy of the security video. The building will have it and should keep files on record (especially if a criminal case is involved). If you really were hanging out in a public, it'll be easy enough to prove that they were lying. Seriously, if you have a lawyer that isn't a complete fuckup, it shouldn't be that hard of a case.

I'm still wondering if you're not telling us something. Businesses have to deal with telling people to leave for small reasons all the time; they don't usually call the cops unless there's a reason to, and it wouldn't really be in their interest to fill out fraudulent reports for no reason.
>>
>>18258351
>they're pushing prison time
Who is, the business or the DA?

Why are you posting here instead of talking to your lawyer
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.