[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is living in a trailer park a bad idea? Mind you, this is in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

Is living in a trailer park a bad idea? Mind you, this is in Western BC Canada and it's a 4 bedroom with the extensions. Only 40 grand too.
>>
Yes nothing is worse than trailer trash.
>>
>>18256943

Its really shitty. Dont do it
>>
>>18256955
>>18256952
Compared to a duplex next to some schools?
>>
>>18256943
I consider shitty abodes to be a temporary effect of poverty.

would I live in one? if it were a temporary step, yes, I'd rent one if the need arose.

would I buy one? fuck no. I wouldn't want to be stuck with it
>>
>>18256960
I thought you were going to say
>compared to my mom's basement
or
>compared to a craiglist house

yes, get the apartment instead of the trailer
>>
File: mud_dive.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
mud_dive.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
Hell naw... it's the raddest shit ever.

It's just too bad you're in canada, fella. In Florida you can go mud divin' year-round.
>>
>>18256972
yeah but he's in Canada so it's just trailer park boys

I'm in NJ so it's trailer park boys but with dread instead of shenanigans and imported heroin instead of weed

location, location
>>
File: yanks.jpg (48KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
yanks.jpg
48KB, 500x330px
>>18256988
>NJ

Aw, sorry dude...

(not really tho)
>>
>>18257006
no dude NJ is not an easy place

anywhere that's highly developed is an expensive rat race, and anywhere that is less developed will have cops who defend the town like Oblivion cops and ship undesirables to new locations
>>
File: crying-child.png (383KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
crying-child.png
383KB, 600x397px
>>18257008
>no dude NJ is not an easy place
>>
File: eee.jpg (108KB, 509x338px) Image search: [Google]
eee.jpg
108KB, 509x338px
>>18257017
>>
>>18256943

if you do, don't become the alcohol
>>
File: Alyssa_Milano.jpg (72KB, 1280x861px) Image search: [Google]
Alyssa_Milano.jpg
72KB, 1280x861px
For only 'bout tree fiddy a day...

you can save the life...

of a child living in New Jersey. :[

Please... call now.
>>
File: lahey-liquor-chug-o.gif (1015KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
lahey-liquor-chug-o.gif
1015KB, 240x180px
>>18256943
You smell that, Randy?

Shitstorm's coming
>>
OP here, forgot to mention. It seems to pretty crime free. Half the people there work at Walmart or co-op. So, sad yes, dangerous no.
>>
Do you need to live there (in other words, can you afford somewhere else)? Do you need that much space?

I grew up in a trailer park (also a "nice" one without much visible crime), and I wouldn't live in one again unless I absolutely had to. Living in a trailer sucks, is kind of embarrassing, and isn't much better than living in similarly priced apartments. Plus, even the "nicer" trailer parks end up getting overrun with trashy people eventually because of how cheap the living is.
>>
>>18257852
>Half the people there work at Walmart or co-op. So, sad yes, dangerous no.
I hope you don't think a job at walmart means someone isn't dangerous
>>
>>18256943
I've lived most of my life in a trailer park. If it's a park with mostly double wide homes and not many vacant lots, it's probably not a bad place to live. One like in your picture would probably be shitty.
>>
My country would consider that a slum and try to give them all apartments.

Realistically though it's just more uncomfortable, worse heating, far from work, shops or anything decent. You couldn't buy a nice car or battle station and keep it there.

Hopefully they at least have caravan site stuff like tennis courts, golf etc? If not, what the hell are you doing North America.
>>
>>18258318
>Hopefully they at least have caravan site stuff like tennis courts, golf etc?
Trailer parks usually don't. They're not vacation spots, they're places for poor people to live, which is usually why they're so trashy. The only places that have things like that are expensive housing developments.
>>
>>18258372
Why do people in America live in trailer parks in the first place ?? Isn't there a level of social housing / affordable housing in the USA ?

I get that the areas social housing can be pretty rough and full of gangs - but trailer parks seem like that too
>>
>>18258421
>Isn't there a level of social housing / affordable housing in the USA ?
In a lot of areas, not really. Purpose-built social housing isn't very common anymore, most governments just have assistance programs where they help pay rent for low-income people. The only places that usually take those benefits are crappy buildings and places like trailer parks.

People live there because it's cheap. And in a lot of area, trailers are really the only kind of cheap housing available. in rural areas, apartment buildings aren't very common, and the easiest way to rent to people without money is to wheel in trailers and rent them out.
>>
>>18256943
Don't buy a trailer. They depreciate in value. And in a trailer park you usually don't own the land but rent the lot. But if you were just going to rent something temporary and you think you can get along alright with the neighbors go for it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.