[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just lost my entire group of friends and a community that I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: crocs_butter_barf.jpg (30KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
crocs_butter_barf.jpg
30KB, 500x375px
I just lost my entire group of friends and a community that I've been building from the ground up for the past 4 years because they got pissy about me having a girlfriend and not being as active/not wanting to kill myself every waking second anymore and started being really passive aggressive about it until I finally decided that I was sick of it and wanted nothing more to do with it. I'm pretty disappointed and sad, and I'm going to miss talking to them, but I think I may be better off. They really showed their true colors during this whole debacle, and I realized that most of the people I considered my "friends" actually weren't that at all.

The thing is, I don't really know much about how to meet new people online. I spent most of my time getting to know these people on IRC, where the community was based, and now I am not really on good terms with like 75% of the people I was fairly close to. I have a few IRL friends outside of the group that involves my girlfriend, but I kind of lost touch with them when I started hanging out with the gf more and more. A lot of them have also gotten their own girlfriends and are busy with work and so on. I make music and like to play games and watch dreary arthouse films. What would you suggest, /adv/?
>>
>>18256644

Just seek out other communities. I'm part of a forum on IGN that I've been with for 15 years, and I've grown up with these people, even as our interests have varied. I've been parts of other forums like for my favorite football team, and then there's 4chan as well.

But I never feel like I need to force anything if those communities aren't evolving with me. There will be other places, if need be.

But at the same time, reflect on yourself a little bit. Are there things about you that changed negatively as your relationship grew? Did you go from being "the always depressed guy" to now "won't stop talking about his girlfriend guy?" It's pretty common, and even I went through it, but I'd advise you not to write off your friends entirely, as this could just be a bump in the road if you play it right and look at it from other perspectives.
>>
>>18256644
Sounds like a case of jealousy to me anon. I would try and expand your IRL social circle.
>>
>>18256654
Oh shit, is that board The Vestibule by any chance? I used to post there back when I was a teenager, but I was a pretty obnoxious kid and eventually decided to leave. I kinda miss that place.

I absolutely did become that guy for a period of about a month, and I'm frustrated that things turned out the way they did. I made a very serious attempt to not do that once I realized that it was a problem, but it was too late, and people wouldn't stop being shitty to me every time I chatted, so at a certain point I decided it was best to just leave, especially when people I looked up to were starting to become really aggressive for no reason. I think the main reason people were upset though wasn't really the chats (which I managed to stop entirely, but occasionally I'd still mention her because I think it's absurd that everyone else was allowed to talk about what's going on in their lives; just not me), but because I used to run a lot of stuff for the community and I no longer had time to do that. One of those things was a pretty active film club, and I also would coordinate album listenalongs and game nights and so on. I also used to do a lot of streams for them. Some considered me the glue that held things together.

You're right, though. I definitely shouldn't write them off. A lot of them are just concerned and upset that I'm not spending as much time with them as I used to. I'm just frustrated because I can't help but see it as somewhat selfish to demand that someone go back to how they "used" to be when they know full well that the person they used to be was completely miserable. I have also seen several of them go through the exact same thing I am, and I was never an asshole to any of them, so it's a bit bewildering that now that I'm on the other side of the table, I'm made out to be an asshole, but whatever, I tried. For now, though, I need to seek out new communities and meet new people.
>>
>>18256681

No, it's not the Vesti, but we're right up there in Community Central - The GCB - if you ever feel like poking your head in. It's a place made of people generally in the age range of 32-27, with some older and younger posters that come in, but it's the same kind of thing, with clubs and events and those general ideas to get wrapped up in. But it moves a lot slower than the Vesti, so if you disappear for a few days, you won't be completely lost on what went on.

But yeah, they may be a little selfish, but at heart it's just that groupthink that misses the way things used to be. As with all things, give it time.

Let us know if you stop by the GCB. I haven't posted in about a week, but I'll be back into it tomorrowish.
>>
>>18256714
I'll definitely swing by at some point, thanks!
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.