[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

at what point is it not worth it to try and work things out with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: bmd.jpg (7KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
bmd.jpg
7KB, 238x212px
at what point is it not worth it to try and work things out with my baby mama?

we were broken up when we found out she was pregnant and since then we've tried to make things work. we broke up because we couldn't reconcile our personal differences, and trying to be back together has turned out to be no different. i realized how disappointed i was for not respecting myself enough to leave when it was clear that she wouldn't accept some of my beliefs but i felt like she accepted and loved me for who i was and kept thinking "if only she would understand that i want her now." i wanted things to work even before the baby but im sick of dealing with conditions and explaining myself. i would rather work things out, but she still has her hangups and i don't want to (always) be dominated in a relationship.

>tl;dr
>relationship is on the rocks with my baby mama: is it worth trying to reconcile or just prepare to co-parent?
>>
kek its probably not even yours
>>
Well what kind of differences and belief's do you guys have and what conditions is she giving you
>>
if the same problem that broke u guys up is still there now n with a baby in the pic u guys arnt gonna make it poor kid how can u guys be so selfish to even think about ur personal diffrences idiots
>>
What belief's? Your religion or culture?
>>
>>18256508
If she is the kind of bitch who you can't have a rational conversation with without her crying, or throwing shit, or turning your words around on you, then forget it. If there is a kid involved there is no tie to fuck around and try to get a dysfunctional person who is bad at relationships to try and learn how to function like a healthy human.
>>
>>18256957
>>18256975

we met when i was in an open relationship. when i got out of my open relationship, i maintained connection with my ex as friends mostly through social media. babymom wanted me to cut out my ex completely and i diminished contact but she wanted me to completely delete contact.

at this point ive deleted all connections to my ex at her insistence and against my will, my bm is currently not talking with me. i told her im frustrated for not respecting myself and now she's ignoring me.

this is the one thing that we argued about throughout our relationship and was ultimately why we broke up. i never intended to cut off any of my personal connections when i got into a new relationship, and never really expected her to do the same, because of how we met. i believed that if she was honest about wanting a monogamous relationship with me, then she would see my willingness as my commitment to her and her commitment would prove itself as well.

everyone says i just need to get over my ex but if i was so worried about being "in a relationship" with her then i wouldn't have been as willing to break up. i knew that relationship wasn't meant to last, but it was a conscious choice to remain friends. i wanted the new relationship to work even better than my past and i thought she was more worried about our future than anything in the past. in a social media world, i have plenty of other female friends online but it was only one that caused so much concern.

obviously i see the bigger picture and want things to work out for my family, thats why i deleted the contact info. im not mad about the baby, im more frustrated with myself for not respecting my own choices and what i spent so much time trying to defend. don't understand why i'm the only one expected to "grow up" in this supposed adult relationship, everyone has insecurities.
>>
>>18257132
Most girls aren't okay with their boyfriends being friends with their ex. Usually you have to spend some time making her comfortable with it and showing her ITS NOW A PLATONIC friendship as two adults. Which is usually hard for some girls to do for some reason. But if I was having a baby with my girlfriend I would imagine I wouldn't have the time to hangout with her anymore.

If you guys weren't having a baby I'd say spend some time making her comfortable with your ex. Maybe your ex can talk to her or something to set down a girl to girl mutual respect. All that shits out the window now don't be the deadbeat watching another man raise your kid and being a slave to child support. If I were you I'd just bite the bullet.
>>
>>18257132
>at this point I've deleted all connections to my ex against my will
> I'm more distracted with myself for not respecting
What's the point of this thread? You already cut it off with your ex and you're still talking about it with your pregnant girlfriend? You sound extremely immature and this kid is gonna grow up fucked up in the welfare system splitting time between parents all because you "want to be friends with your ex" .
>>
>>18257397
>misquoting

>>18257367
i've been trying to explain it was a platonic relationship from the beginning, apparently thats inconceivable. she makes it seem like it was something that was unacceptable to her from the beginning, but then i don't understand why she would bother being involved with me when i was in an open relationship. i wanted to be in a new monogamous relationship with her because that's how she wanted things to be and she thought i was trying to keep my past relationship open. its frustrating to be at point where i compromised for nothing because my bm currently isn't speaking to me, it's back and forth like this all the time.

i want to say its just the hormones because things don't have to be this difficult.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.