[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have a girlfriend who is perfect in every way except one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ooi5ua2iU51v03xaeo1_1280.jpg (138KB, 850x1511px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ooi5ua2iU51v03xaeo1_1280.jpg
138KB, 850x1511px
So I have a girlfriend who is perfect in every way except one. I'm not at all physically attracted to her -- and it sucks.

I've never really had a girl who i'm physically attracted to show interest in me. Never had that flair or excitement and feel like i'm missing out.

Is this normal. Am I just supposed to settle?
>>
Look, man. Sex is just as important as any other part of a relationship (not more important, equal). If the physical relationship isn't what it needs to be, then the rest of the relationship will suffer for it. It's unfortunate, but it's just human nature.
>>
>>18256366
You're not just supposed to settle. If you're honestly not physically attracted to your girlfriend, I don't see much of a future between you two.

However, it's worth noting that physical attraction can blossom over time - you can start out thinking somebody's nothing special and after you've been together for a year think they're the cutest sexiest thing in the universe. I'm not saying that WILL happen to you, just that it happens sometimes and you should consider the possibility.

My impression is that you're fairly young, though, which means you're probably not going to marry this girl whatever happens. If that's the case, why stick around in a relationship you're not enjoying?
>>
>>18256366
perhaps describe the nature and degree of sexual indifference you have to her.
>>
>>18256366
Gantz!<3
>>
I've tried that and it doesn't work. When things get rough, and they will, you won't be able to get through it because you're not going to be able to tolerate a person's shit if you aren't attracted to her.
>>
>>18256366
Don't settle man, the more attractive girls rarely make the first move since they don't have to.

It's the man's job to approach, get out there, while you're still young.
>>
>>18256409
>>18256443
fair point

>>18256425
>>18256429
I'm 26, so not that young. We've been together like... a year and a half.

She has been there for me in bad times and as it's nice having someone to come home to as I get lonely very easily. She does absolutely anything I want in bed, plus overall she's a really good person.

I feel like i'm settling though. I catch myself trying to avoid bringing her around family / friends.

>>18256473
Well we connect on a lot of levels. She's one of the few people who can stimulate me intellectually. Working 9-5 in a male dominated workplace I hate is nightmare mode too..
>>
Chalk me up as another supporter of getting out of the relationship. I tried to "grow into" a girl once because I thought she fit what I wanted, but at the end of the day, it just wasn't meant to last.
>>
Don't settle OP. I was with a guy for 3 years who I just couldn't get attracted to. He was everything I could want but he was balding, had bad sex game, his teeth weren't the best, blubbery stomach and he had a weak jaw. I eventually left because I just couldn't look past it anymore.

I'm a guy too but I won't settle.
>>
post pics

alternatively, go full sociopath and mold her into into the ideal woman youre attracted to

gradually start feeding her unhealthy things if you like a little plumpness or invite her to exercise with you. weight loss and exercise can really change the way your face looks
>>
>>18256527
Damn.

Currently in that relationship. She loves me and it feels good, but I don't love her. She's always soaking wet and trying to fuck but since day one my dick won't get hard unless I'm drunk.

How do u end this, in too deep man.
>>
>>18256511
thats not what I mean, anon. Describe what she has(or lacks) that makes you indifferent
>>
"beauty is fleeting"

please look around your family and circle of friends for the couples at age say, 35, that have been married for years upon years

in how many of those marriages has the woman put on 30, 50, 70 pounds since getting married?
it's probably more than just a few

looks rarely last, stonkin' tits turn into saggy messes, the thin become lardos, beautiful hair winds up ragged
people age, get lazy, or their genetic issues may kick them in the ass

if you think you've got a winner in every other department, it's probably wiser to stick with your winner than chase primarily based on beauty that is likely to fade
>>
>>18256511
>She does absolutely anything I want in bed, plus overall she's a really good person.
>I feel like i'm settling though.

Okay I'm going to be somewhat blunt. You're shallow and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
If you're better than her, then you dont have to stay with her.

Now, frankly, you'll probably not find anyone better emotionally, mentally etc but you can bang hotter chicks. And you're young, so why not?

Have you told her how you feel? She'll either shape up (put more effort into make up and working out) or leave you for being less than she'd originally thought.
Either way that works out best for you in the long run!

Look, she's your gf, which means you asked her out. You thought she was good enough. Now that you've got some more experience under your belt you've grown tired of her. It's natural! Move on to bigger and better things.
>>
>>18256557
Her facial bone structure and jaw mostly, she's a little pudgy which doesn't help, plus our height difference (5'0 vs 6'1).

mostly unchangeable things
>>
>>18256568

Yeah, but talk to those people too. They'll probably look back on the time when they first met, when they were in shape, there was an intense physical passion, and those passionate years fill them with a deep, abiding love for each other. Like the stories of when your grandparents first met in the war and danced for the first time, or how they were slick and passionate in their time.

It's a lot better than "well I was never really attracted to him/her, but there's a lot of really good things on paper so I figured I'd just stop looking at that point. Now we live a perfectly acceptable life with no passion."

I don't know, but my desire for romance and excitement in life is what keeps me going to the next day, not that in 10-20 years I'll have someone that I can sit in the living room with and share the same TV shows with.

Then again, there's some people that never leave 50 miles from the center of their hometown, too.
>>
>>18256581

if the rest of your relationship is as good as you say it is, its time to find out.

if her being somewhat heavy for her height is an issue with you finding her attractive, then you need to know if she is the type who will take this information, or if she doesnt care or worse goes all SJW-type on you.

if she's receptive and willing to work on her physicality, I wouldn't be so quick to bail out.

but if you really, really don't like short girls, and is going to be an issue you won't overcome...
>>
>>18256511
I get that you guys "click" but be honest if you married her and never dated another women would you be happy with that? I would guess no, and if that's the case, then end the relationship, why settle for being unhappy because it's safe and easy?

And don't listen to these people claiming your shallow, physical attraction is necessary for any successful relationship,very few relationships last without it. Honestly this is no different than staying with a hot woman even though you hate her.

You're only 26 you've got plenty of time to meet another woman, just put yourself out there. Better to strike out than never swing the bat. You'll be filled with regret if you don't try.
>>
I bet you're no prize yourself op.
>>
>>18256568
Strongly disagree, physical attraction is an essential component of a relationship, and people retain a lot of their beauty as they age.

Besides he's only 26 there's plenty of time to meet someone else, why should he settle When this very thread basically attests to the fact that he's not happy in the relationship.
>>
>>18256622
Agree with this but he's most likey disgusting and can't do better.

He should let her go. There are a lot of loney guys out there who want a girlfriend, not so much girls desperate for a mediocre boyfriend though.
>>
>>18256757
Yeah that's really good advice, "you're a piece of shit who will never be sexually satisfied, I know from a paragraph of text you wrote."

Besides it sounds to me like OP is attractive, he's 6'1' and he's had at least one girl come onto him (I'm assuming he didn't approach her) plus his wording makes it sound like he doesn't approach women at all (an attractive girl has never shown interest in me, not has never reciprocated my interest) Attractive women rarely make the first move.

If anything the girl friend is tripping all the "I'm ugly" flags, 5'0 tall, pudgy, bad facial structure. You do the math.
>>
Let her go so she can be with someone that actually appreciates her.
>>
>>18256547
Asking your gf to work out with you or eat healthy is not sociopathic behavior.
>>
>>18256473
>It's the man's job to approach, get out there, while you're still young.
Not OP.
>29
>Broke because I invested in the wrong industry
>/gd/ major, no experience
>hansome but 5'10" and starting to look more homely than hot
I wasted my time. I used to be able to pull models, not superstar top model celebrity status ones, but the kind of girl you see in alt modeling websites was no problem even if they were already in a relationship.
Thing is, four years ago I broke with the girl I was living with at the time and went super balls deep into opening a publishing house. Put all my money into it and lost all my social contacts while gaining 25 pounds and now I feel like I cannot attract a pretty woman any more.

What do?

Sorry for hijacking, OP.
>>
>>18256568
Nah man, I think sometimes your dick knows better than you
>>
Yeah, your dick is letting you know in advance that you'll cheat on her as soon as an attractive woman spreads her legs for you.
And if you're not repulsive and are in a social setting often (ie. work), it will happen.
>>
>>18256785
I doubt that anyone came onto him. Being tall isn't automatically attractive. There are some pretty ugly tall guys out there.
>>
>>18257033
Lose the weight fatty. How is that even a question.
>>
>>18257138
I'm afraid of this happening to me. I'm not OP, but I'm attracted to my girlfriend... I love her... Yet I'm not sure if I could control myself if what you say happens.
>>
>>18257508
Temptation is one thing. Cheating is another. Cheating and lying/not telling is scum tier.
We're only human and we might make mistakes but be sure be an honest person when you've done someone wrong.

If doubt your commitment to your woman then you aren't ready to be with someone long term.
>>
>>18257220
I'm sure having no money or career prospects is worse than some extra pounds.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.