[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What reason do people honestly have to be such volatile cruel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: overwatch-the-last-bastion.jpg (477KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-the-last-bastion.jpg
477KB, 1920x1080px
What reason do people honestly have to be such volatile cruel pieces of shit? I can safely say that pretty much anybody reading this knows what I'm talking about. For those who don't...

Ex: I ran into somebody on Overwatch (quickplay) who just rambled on and on in that obnoxious kind of "I'm gonna say everything I can in a row for two minutes to try to hurt your feelings" kind of tone that toxic people get and flamed me over two games just because I was trying to have fun as Lucio (for those of you who don't play Overwatch, he can jump off walls and it's a pretty fun thing to do).

What reason is there honestly act so foul? I just get left with such a bad taste in my mouth after dealing with people. It seems like it's a pretty regular thing to me as I've grown up. I usually like to hold on to the rational belief that people have shit going on in their lives and that people have bad days, but honestly it seems like such a simple, fundamental thing to just not abuse people. It's not like people gain shit from being an asshole most of the time. And with that, I feel like people who neglect to have that minimal amount of respect don't really deserve to exist. It's just unnecessary toxicity. I'm not perfect, but at least I have decency the decency not to attack people unprovoked, and even if provoked unless there's a really deserving person.
>>
>>18253920
>undercover bitching about online videogame people

Stop crying.
>>
>>18253920
>Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Cyber Bullying Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha
>>
Just two examples of what I'm talking about. Mind explaining what you achieve out of this?
>>
I genuinely wonder what you get out of needlessly giving negative opinions, especially when the magnitude of the reaction is so much greater than the cause. Don't get me wrong, I don't get hurt because some random person says things about me that are negative, because that's really not something that I need to care about. And frankly if you're not gonna give thoughtful feedback then why bother to give any?
>>
>>18253962
>examples

Your post is clearly set up for bitching about a videogame and it's online population.
>>
>>18253964
>Don't get me wrong, I don't get hurt because some random person says things about me that are negative, because that's really not something that I need to care about.

Stop lying, otherwise you wouldn't posted this on 4chan of all places.
>>
If you have ever gone out of your house and communicated with people for more than 25% of your lifespan then I'm sure in that small amount of time you've run into plenty of people like this. I run into people who are way over aggressive or ignorant to others in real life. It's pathetic how the one thing you get out of the post and really the only thing you can focus on is that it's about an occurrence on an online game. These are real people in real life as well. Quite frankly it's pretty ridiculous that you can't look past that and see the actual point of the post.
>>
It's also a ridiculous thing that you'd think I would "lie" about something so trivial. I'm posting here because I'm curious. I said it before and I'll say it again, your opinion about me personally means dog shit to me. I have no plausible reason to lie. I'm wondering what causes these sorts of reactions.
>>
>>18253980
It's because they are hurt/frustrated and want other people to be hurt to or need to vent
This seems pretty obvious m8

Sometimes you'll get a genuine troll but that's mostly online situations only
dont let it get to you and use the mute function more often
>>
>>18253920

Sadly, not everyone aspires to being kind to those around them. Some people just enjoy being cruel and how it effects others never crosses their minds.
>>
>>18253998
Finally somebody who isn't immediately argumentative. I get people like this in real life too. I have a brother who will randomly get hyper aggressive and try to cause problems as well. Whether it's online or in reality it just feels like somebody should at least have the decency to not attack people. At least I can recognize these guys aren't just trolls or at least small and closed minded. With "the" people though it's like "why" ya know
>>
>>18254001
Thanks for not being a dick once again.

I guess I'm just too used to being a decent person. As snobby as that sounds... it's obvious that nobody is perfect and that includes me. But I'm just really out of the way to people and don't like communicating in general so maybe I'm just used to the way I act. Thanks for the feedback though
>>
>>18254008
>it just feels like somebody should at least have the decency to not attack people

A lot of people are just assholes
Idk how sheltered you are but take a trip to New York or LA

I was yelled at for standing to close to this guy in line at mcdonalds
"YOURE LIVING IN MY WORLD, IM NOT LIVING IN YOURS, GET THE FUCK BACK!"

All you can do is shrug and keep going with life
>>
>>18253920
Try to visit
>>>/v/
from time to time threads about online communities pop up there and sometimes geinue info about gamers minds are there (when you ignore memes).

As to why people are assholes in games? Multiple reasons:

>immature
Kids dont know any better, empathy is a skill you have to grow into.
>trolls
Some people have fun in multiplayer games simply by tortuing others via any means they get the hands on.
>higher stakes
The best way how to squeze maximum competitiveness and skill from players is to make them mad at you, so they try harder to beat your ass / prove they are better than you.
>frustration
A lot of people use online games as an escape from boring sad unhappy lives. Before games it were drugs and home violence. So i guess we as aociety improved a little a guess.
>sociopaths
Not every asshole online is full blown sociopath, but sone people are really bad persons generally and in real life you face consequences. In game? Who fears mute or ban?

So what do you do? Simple. Treat everybody nicely and dont give them reason to hate you. And when somebody is rude, minimize contact with them and dont give them any attention.
>>
It's actually extremely hard for humans to actually care about people they can't see and have never met.

Because of that, it's much easier to be mean / dismissive / insulting to these people, also because you know there will be no social consequences to that behavior.

Under those conditions, people that IRL are barely tolerable become completely insufferable through mic. It's just the way it is, because the visual disconnect means their inhibitions are gone. It's why you see much more negativity on the internet than in real life. Most of these people would behave relatively normal if you were to meet them in person.
>>
>>18254015
I live in an area similar to LA where people are dicks pretty commonly around here but LA is pretty fucked up, and I don't think I would say my place tops LA in the slightest. And if you mean sheltered as in emotionally then, no, because as I said people around here are fucked up from my experiences. Just a lot of people talk shit behind your back and are really shady and stuff so I've had my fair share of shitty people to get screwed over by.
>>
>>18253920
I know what you mean. I just got through reading an OP ranting on and on about how much he hates other people who rant on and on.
>>
>>18254194
haha well memed my friend xD
>>
File: 1491806590476.jpg (29KB, 400x465px) Image search: [Google]
1491806590476.jpg
29KB, 400x465px
It's really not that complicated. Abusing someone else and insulting them is a quick shortcut to feel artificially better about yourself and to vent off some anger. Everyone is obviously brought up and wired differently, and leading their own lives with their own experiences, so not everyone you meet will feel morally conflicted about slinging abuse.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.