[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm acquainted with an older (12 years, I'm 23) lady

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1435573446731.png (221KB, 279x375px) Image search: [Google]
1435573446731.png
221KB, 279x375px
I'm acquainted with an older (12 years, I'm 23) lady who is foreign and isn't fluent in English. Me met via mutual friends and generally only see each other in group settings and I sometimes bump into her in town.

When we've been with each other we've had the opportunity to have decent conversations in semi-privacy and circumstance has allowed for two spur-of-the-moment catch-ups over coffee. Not dates as they weren't prearranged but they felt like it.

Our friends tells me that she often talks about me and seems to be romantically interested. She's been very open with me, doesn't hide the fact that she's lonely and talks about her fears regarding her career (she's overqualified for current position).

She does this thing when conversation pauses whereby she stares quite longingly at me and I do the same thing in response (a bit half-heartedly as I don't want to push it).

I'm concerned that because her English isn't that great and she is from a different continent I may be misinterpreting some signals and if I try to flirt she may misinterpret mine.

I know she likes me. I'm sure she knows I like her (as a friend at least, maybe romantically). Don't know if she is aware I'm aware she is into me.

I really would like to progress the relationship but I'm not sure how. Outright asking for a date seems too risky. I've tried to give the impression I'm available if she ever wants to meet but that may have been lost in translation.

She probably wants me to make the first move but she is quite a sensitive person and I don't want to put her in a awkward position. Also, she's not hiding the fact that she likes me as more than a friend but to what degree I don't know.
>>
Whoa... Deja vu
>>
>>18253235
How?
>>
>>18253318
I've been here in this place before
>>
>>18253335
HIGHER ON THE STREETS AND YOU KNOW ITS MY TIME TO GO-O
>>
>>18253335
What happened? Did you make a move.

I've got no experience with this. Never had a gf, this is my first 'lead' with a woman.
>>
Ask for a date. There really is no other way.

Just don't 'confess'.

And it's not going to work in the long run. It will end, but that's perfectly okay.
>>
What continent is she from?

Inho "dates" are overrated as a tactic for getting to make a move. If you hang out with her like you describe already, it's enough of a date to starting building some attraction. There's a difference between
>I want to take you out on a date. It's definitely going to be a date.
and
>Had a good time last time we sat down! Planning on eating lunch at [place] on [day/time], before I hit the art muesum(?), cool if you want to join

Don't treat her differently than you would otherwise, when asking. It's what you do with her and to her when you're with her that matters.

The usual suspects:
>body language
>eye contact
>touching
>mood

Just start touching her waist and hug her when you greet. Touch the small of her back when you lead her through doors or to tables. Sit close to her, touch her lower thigh when you laugh at her jokes. Stuff like that makes gives her something to follow up on. Next time she looks you in the eyes, look back! Don't be afraid, this is something she wants you to do. My rule of thumb is
>eye contact 5 seconds
>look down on her lips 2 seconds
>Back up at her eyes 3-5 seconds
>lips 3 seconds
If she mirrors this she is without a doubt ready to kiss you. You can either lean in, or say "it's okay, you can kiss me if you want to"

Just remember this dosent work if you sit opposite each other by a table. It's best done standing up
>>
>>18253350
CALLING YOU AND THE SEARCH IS A MYSTERY
>>
>>18253506
It's not going to be a long term thing by any stretch. Hell, she might have to leave the country in a few months.

>>18253575
Middle East (technically not a continent but whatever) . Christian background and she has a casual faith.

I don't think she's the kind of person into physical flirting. That said, swooping in for a kiss might actually work. There have been a few times when we were saying our goodbyes where there was definite tension. Similar thing you see in the movies which AFAIK is a fair reflection of reality.

It's still early days I guess. Things can advance on their own and when the timing is right I'll see if I can get the proper build up to a kiss. The eyes-lips-eyes thing sounds solid - thanks.
>>
>>18253588
STANDING ON MY FEET IT'S SO HARD WHEN I TRY TO BE ME OOOHH!
>>
>>18253676

>I don't think she's the kind of person into physical flirting.
She's a woman and a human being, so erm yes she is.

>There have been a few times when we were saying our goodbyes where there was definite tension.
Well, she was probably hoping you'd escalate soon

>Similar thing you see in the movies which AFAIK is a fair reflection of reality.
Oh my, no Jesus no. Only insofar as people reenacting what they've seen in movies. Movies will have you believe that people are vapid blueprints of Disney characters, with one dimensional destinies. Human beings are much more interesting. Movie's are fantasies, my dude.
>>
>>18253817
She's quite conservative and innocent, despite her age. It's just a feeling, but I get the impression she would consider touchy-touchy as a bit dirty or juvenile.

Re: movies

I meant the tension thing is real. Obviously what happens before and after is a different story.

Going in for the kiss seems so risky. I just need to chase opportunities to get to know her more and stoke the fires of luuurrrvvvv
>>
>>18253955
>Going in for the kiss seems so risky. I just need to chase opportunities to get to know her more and stoke the fires of luuurrrvvvv
You stopped being 17 half a decade ago. You're a man, she's a woman, this isn't some romantic comedy. Just build fucking attraction and kiss her, dummy. The eye-lip thing is solid. If she doesn't mirror you, you'll know not to lean in.
>>
>>18253228
"I've been thinking about trying that new XXXX restaurant in town, but I hate to dine alone. Would you like to join me?"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.