[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Advice Thread: AMA I am a professional fresh out of school,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: acne.jpg (5KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
acne.jpg
5KB, 198x255px
General Advice Thread:
AMA
I am a professional fresh out of school, I work in health care and I make 125k a year. I don't really pretend to be an expert in anything but I made it through a lot of years of school and bullshit even though I'm a loner so I think I could maybe help some of you guys on here. Anyways ask away.
>>
>>18252896
is that you??
>>
>>18252922
obviously not, is a random girl who I used to know a long time ago from a christian youth camp (though I am an athiest lol)
>>
What helped you study m'lady and do well in general
>>
>>18252924
Studying for me was always really hard. I kind of just based my self esteem on getting good test scores. Honestly though I never studied until a day before the test throughout all my schooling though. I think people fuck around too much with too many distractions. A couple tips I have:
1. If you can't answer two follow up questions someone asks on the same subject as the first question, you have no idea what you're talking about.
2. It is easy to tell yourself "I memorized that sentence" when you are studying alone, but it is hard to convince a study partner that you know it.
3. MY BEST ADVICE: study with the smartest+ugliest person in the class, you will get the same grade as them every time and they will keep you on track because to them studying is their only shot in life, ugly people work hard because there is no safety net.
4. NOBODY can learn things while taking "study breaks" or listening to soft music on their headphones, or eating something, or having the TV on. To actually study you need to fucking focus and have no distractions or be with another person and staying on subject.
>>
>>18252931
what about getting work done, how was your situation and what helped

also, degree?
>>
>>18252937
My degree is in pharmacy, in terms of getting work done I don't really know. There was this one girl in my class who I was in love with and she was sort of my muse, always worked hard for her. Then some things happened in my last year of school and things went to shit. I ended up finishing and moving away. Still miss that girl. Gonna be up to you to find the motivation, there are lots of bullshit reasons to do things in life and a few good ones. Whether its a russian angel or szechuan sauce from mcdonalds just gotta pick something and stick with it.
>>
>>18252937
>>18252987
Grew up to a single mom in a trailer park who is a heroine addict and prostitute. Never met my dad, don't know who he is. Spent a couple years in foster care. Had a teacher in middle school who kinda saw potential in me and pushed me to get into a science fair. I did a project on home chemistry and made a basic calculator out of a switch board powered by a homemade battery made out of screws and cleaning solutions. Ended up winning the competition and the teacher got me a scholarship to this rich kid after school program where you do computer and science stuff and I did really good. Got to high school and my mom lost custody of me, my little sister who is my world went to a foster family. I went to a group home for teenage boys (nobody wants teenage males in the foster care system), but I went into a IB diploma program at my high school and I passed it, went to state college on a full ride and graduated a year early summa cum laude, applied to pharmacy school and finished last year with honors.
>>
>>18252896
How old are you what part of the world do you live in and what are your student loans?
>>
>>18253036
I have ~120k in student loans, I work for a 501(c)3 organization so I will be able to get loan forgiveness if I make income based repayment on time for 10 years. I'm 25 years old, and I live in the US, pharmacists don't really exist in the same capacity elsewhere in the world.
>>
>>18253005
>>18252987
thanks for sharing :)

and yeah, I haven't set any real goals to work toward which explain plenty
>>
>>18253080
Honestly it isn't the goal that is important. It is more how you feel about it. You gotta find something you really want in your heart of hearts. You know like that fuckin mirror in harry potter. Think of how you would see yourself in a dream and what you have to do to get there. For me it would be living on a cranberry farm at the beach with that girl. And the way I was gonna get there was pharmacy. So it helped motivate me. Honestly it was all a dream. But honestly dreams and reality aren't that much different if you don't have those social ties to reality.
>>
>>18253098
yeah, I honestly feel like I still need to sort my life out before going forward, which brings up other problems but I think that doing this first will help more, thanks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.