[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me senior in high school >Start talking to this girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: depression.jpg (51KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
depression.jpg
51KB, 1280x720px
>be me senior in high school
>Start talking to this girl a bit
>Not really interested in her at first, just wanted to take her to prom because we have a lot of mutual friends
>Really hit it off with her, everything is going great
>We eventually agree to go to prom and I decided to do something cute like asking her to prom on Valentine's day so I tried to get her to go out and do something with me but she said she was busy
>I didn't think anything of it and decided I wouldn't do some stupid sign
>She starts growing distant, blows me off whenever I try to text her and replies become much less interested
>Finally ask her what's wrong and she tells me she just got out of a bad relationship (keep in mind I wasn't trying to date her)
> I didn't say I didn't have feelings for her because I felt it would make it worse
>say we can be friends but it becomes mutual that we're not going together to prom
>Talk to her less and less
>She gets with a piece of shit who I know cheats on everyone he's ever dated
>Still don't care too much about it since I didn't have feelings for her
>Loathed her for lying to me about not wanting a relationship though
>About a week and a half before prom, having decided I wasn't going and had made peace with this
>She suddenly texts me, asking if I wanted to go to prom with her as friends
>Like an idiot i agree
>Two days before prom I find out that she is dating this piece of shit but he asked someone else before they hooked up
>Still go because I would look like the douche if I cut it off
>Go to prom with large group of friends, have a blast dancing and dining
>Then the piece of shit shows up and asks for a dance with her
>Again I would look like a dick if I said no so I say I'm ok with it
>over the night i begin to fall in love with this girl
>Wake up the next day completely depressed and don't get out of bed until 3 pm
>Shes still with this guy and and I don't know if I can keep watching them together

what can I do?
>>
Anybody?
>>
>>18252071
There isn't really much you can do. Just forget about her for now
>>
Cut her off
>>
I have to see her with him everyday though. Is there some sorta coping method?
>>
>>18252480
Don't think about it lmao, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You can probably still talk to her and wait around but she could possibly see you as a friend and nothing else, if you wait around
>>
>>18252498
I'm still friends with her but I feel like she's trying to avoid my texts and making eye contact because of him. I'm fairly confident that if he wasn't in the picture there would be a very serious chance
>>
>>18252571
You are no longer friends.
Repeat after me: You Are No Longer Friends.
I've been on a similar boat, where the girl like just was interested but there was someone else other than you. It hurts, yes, but you're in high school and unless you live like right down the street from each other or your parents know each other, you can easily forget her by literally not thinking of her.

You're a senior in high school, I'm a freshman in uni, it doesn't get better. Unless you know for a fact that she will leave the other guy for you I'd recommend studying for finals or polishing your skills of whatever skill, that be programming, gaming, or even talking/picking up girls. If you know FOR A FACT that you can pull it off, then do it. I'd recommend knowing her really well and uncovering all her bs then go for it. Like, plan out what you'll do and how you'll approach the situation then execute it. Talk to others about the situation, like brother/sister/best friends/mentors/parents and refine it because everything sounds good and flawless until it's done.

Also, think while you're doing anything.
>She's texting you in the middle of the night? Why the middle of the night and why you.
>I'm thinking or crying about her? What am I thinking of her? Why am I crying? Is there an even bigger underlying problem to this?
>She's talking about her feelings? Is she opening up? Does she trust you? Why does she trust you and not someone else?
It really is just thinking about you and her and what you and she wants and always ask yourself if you're overthinking. And remember you're always first because it's not her emotions you'll only hurt, but your own too.
>>
>>18252629
That's the real tough shit is how she went from staying up past midnight just texting me back and forth to just within two weeks later shutting me out for this other guy. When you said you recommend knowing her do you mean trying to talk again and going deep with the conversation in an attempt at learning more about her? Asking the tough questions like "what am I to you?"
>>
>>18252645
no lol, don't ask that anytime soon, not until you know for a fact that she won't get spooked.

By knowing her, I mean knowing her ins and outs. If you see her every day, watch, but don't stalk. When you both talk pay attention to her body language, her tone, her attention, and literally what she's saying. Do not engage in deep conversation, not until later. Right now you're probably on day one so just keep it light and talk about her day or school or drama or anything that is light, maybe pick up one of her hobbies to have something to talk about but make sure you have some common ground. Unconsciously, she'll give parts of her inner self away, through light talk, not small talk, there's a difference. Then once you know her or have an idea of who she is, assess the situation, ask yourself if she likes you or not, then do something about it.
>>
>>18252657
Well... I guess I've sorta been doing that in a way, I've been waiting for her to split with this guy so for the past few weeks. I've been analyzing where they park in relation to each other, walking to each other's lockers, sitting together at lunch, Snapchat stories involving each other frequency and content, etc... Their relationship was really Rocky for a good two weeks but now it's stronger than ever I think. She did tell me and a mutual friend a while back that she was really getting pissed at him because he was constantly inviting her over to his house.
>>
>>18252684
lol that sucks :/
Now pay attention to minute details and get over her. I would, in your spot, get over her and just keep doing what I was doing without her in it. good luck
>>
>>18252736
Thanks man, I've been told by almost everyone I've talked to that I should move on. I'm finally glad somebody took the time to consider the alternative and help me get a clear picture of both perspectives from an unaffiliated individual. I'm sure you can relate to the feeling of being hung up on someone when they seem so perfect you feel you can't just move on. I know I probably will move on with time but for now I'd like to see what I might be able to do to prevent someone like her from slipping away.
>>
>>18252759
Then take her and the next few as a learning experience. Literally experiment with her and the next few, try new things, new approaches, new patterns, etc, in the next few months because it doesn't get better if you get stuck with her. Try to also think from their perspective and according to their motives, it help a bit.
>>
Kill him.
>>
>>18252071
Just kidding.
>>
>>18252778
Yeah, I've always had a problem with dating though, my standards are basically if I don't see myself marrying this person there's no point in dating them
>>
>>18252787
wrong approach my dude
>>
>>18252797
I know it's the wrong approach it just seems like it's the safest. If I don't feel as though I can connect with this individual and enjoy myself with them from the get-go I think it will be miserable. I know it probably wouldn't, but for me to actually make a decision on who to pursue is extremely difficult if my mind doesn't just immediately select them for my interest for me.
>>
You got cucked dude. Try not being a cuck and drop her immediately
>>
>>18252824
Dating is for having fun and getting to know each other. Being in a relationship gets more serious and it's the time where you think about other stuff. Dating and being in a relationship is not the same thing. I too am selective but it starts from the beginning where I probe who she is and what she wants then take on from there to either A. dating or B. messing around.

I think you're overthinking how the whole business is supposed to go. There's steps and they're all different, that's why not one advise will work, but a whole group and then you make up your mind.

and >>18252832 is right you know...
>>
>>18252832
She's dropped for all intents and purposes. I'm on the lookout for others but I still reserve a spot for her in the back of my mind. I know it probably is just as bad as she's on a pedestal and every other girl I'm around isn't.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.