[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24 Am I too old to go to college? I never had a job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1485155477343.jpg (31KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485155477343.jpg
31KB, 1080x720px
I'm 24
Am I too old to go to college? I never had a job either. All I did since after high school was take care of my house/family (I'm a girl and from the third world, it's not that weird), I don't know if I'll be ready or capable for it after so many years of no academic pursuits at all
>>
>>18251940
College is like
90% commitment and 10% brain capacity. If you have resources to attend college and determination, nothing can stop you.

But question yourself if it is worth it. How old you will be once you finish, if there are even job in the area for absolvents and if it is something you want to do in future for living.

Also kids after 30 are more likely to have various illnesses and girls after that age are less desirable. Plan your life ahead girl!
>>
>>18251961
I don't think I'll have kids of my own so my plan for the future is to take care of the family I already have. So that would mean making money. My mother has a good retirement but to actually help her enjoy life comfortably and learn some new things I'd like to pretty much double what our household makes a month. I am thinking of doing chemical engineering but I'm not confident. Maybe for my purposes just and since I'm already an adult I should just get a job, but without education I'm not qualified for much
>>
>>18251981
If you dont plan kids at all and want to spent your life at work, then for all means try college. You can fail and do some shit job anytime.

If you want to take care of family, double check that job opportunities exists for
>chemical engineering
in your area unless you plan moving your whole family elsewhere.
>>
>>18251940
College is the easy part. It's just an educational business that will accept anyone of any age (who can afford it) and it will be up to you to get what you want out of it.

Getting a job with no qualifications, working that job while you're trying to study, and ultimately finding a job that suits your degree are all way harder.
>>
>>18252009
I am lucky in that I absolutely do not need a job if I don't want one. Both my parents say they'll always support me. But I don't want that, I want to make things better
>>
>>18252052
Good for you. College, youth and success are all vain.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.