[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am currently making a magic themed video game right now and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1491608368075.jpg (114KB, 826x1169px) Image search: [Google]
1491608368075.jpg
114KB, 826x1169px
I am currently making a magic themed video game right now and I need ideas for spells
the focus of the gameplay is to solve problems by casting different combinations of spells
the spells cannot be niche and the goal on my end is to figure out different effects that those combinations of spells use
>>
>>18251430
Are you wanting elemental spells (fire, water, etc.), or something a little less traditional (maybe a "base" spell makes a feather and you can combine it with another spell to make it razor-sharp or very heavy)?

Also, you wouldn't happen to be looking for an artist for this, would you?
>>
File: 1485069885682.png (1MB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1485069885682.png
1MB, 960x1080px
Emotion spells that change the behavior of the person they are cast upon
>depression/ennui
>love/lust
>anger
>confidence/chad
>fear
>>
>>18251440
either one, as long as they arent super niche
sadly I dont know the artist

>>18251472
thanks that might be useful
>>
>>18251430
Levitas spell that lifts things up or works like a tractor beam
Gravitas that weights them down
Fireblast that destroys stuff in a certsin radius
Short timefreeze
Invisibility or making an object invisible
Passing though solid objects
Freeze liquids
See through objects / x-ray vision
Mind control / temporarily take control of a body or machine
>>
>>18251499
Well, there's always the usual RPG spell rotation and you could assign certain effects to those elements, though that might be a little too Bravely Second. And I think I was unclear, sorry - do you need an artist for your game?
>>
If you want basic magic type ideas I recommend you look at the shin megami tensei series.
>fire\ice\wind\thunder
>but also nuclear\light\dark\etc

For actual creative magic I say look at TWEWYs pin system. It's entirely based off the touchscreen but it'll still be good for inspiration.
>>
There are so many games and movies that you can get ideas from. Is this game first person or what style? RPG style? RuneScape had quests where you were supposed to use idiotic spells according to spell or monster color. Game was slow and quests annoying AF
>>
File: 1485307423496.png (17KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1485307423496.png
17KB, 259x224px
>>18251430
>MC requires a magical source within the area to cast spells
>metroidvania exploration system
>you're not gated off areas, but you can't cast magic in them unless you fullfil a progression quest to get a fragment of the philosoper's stone to that area ala bonefires in Dark Souls.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.