[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I quit my job in food service at the end of January and had enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: job_hunting.jpg (89KB, 446x306px) Image search: [Google]
job_hunting.jpg
89KB, 446x306px
I quit my job in food service at the end of January and had enough money to float me for a little while. I quit because I was essentially being bullied by a manager, but it was a family owned business so I knew she wasn't going anywhere even if I took action. I just saved up some money to float me for a while and cut my losses. I've got about a month's worth of savings left before my floating money runs out.

My question is, what are some jobs that I can get right now that aren't in the food industry? I'm essentially a NEET, in a way. I've got about 4 years of work under my belt but it's all been stuff you could do while in high school (I'm 23 now). I just don't want to fall into the restaurant trap a third time in a row. Can someone throw out some suggestions for something I could do that pays alright and isn't restaurant work? I'd prefer it to not be retail as well but honestly I'll take what I can get at this point, outside of food. I tried to get some state jobs but all of them failed and nothing about my resume has changed since so I'm reluctant to try again, but I still will. Please help, I really don't want to go back to food but I don't know where to go from here.

Just basic info, I have a GED and was too poor to go to college.
>>
>>18251296
>pls respond
>>
>>18251296
Keep looking for state jobs
Thinking about trade school (no I don't have money excuses please)
>>
>>18251396
Like I said, I have a little money still in reserve. I just wanna get off the unemployed ride before the money runs out. I'd be more than willing to spend some teachings. On that note, what's a quick one to finish to get a job asap, or what's one that will guarantee a decent income, even if it takes a little longer?
>>
>>18251296
Try getting some other skills under your belt. If you're even a little computer literate look up the A+ exam, it'll get your foot in the door for I.T. work.
>>
You're not in a position to be choosy right now. Apply to everything you can even if your qualifications don't match up 100%, but don't exclude restaurant based work.

After that point you can continue looking for work and being more demanding in what you want. Have you considered bar-tending btw?
>>
>>18251603
I just don't want to get stuck in food again.. My last 3 jobs have been food and I feel like my age is beginning to make a bigger and bigger difference every day. I'm 23 and my only job outside of food has been this temp job with a moving company but it was paid under the table so I don't know if I should even write that down.

Ultimately I know it's my fault because I should have been training to do better things when I did have a job but I just pissed the time away, but boy do I feel like a dud these days.

Also someone had mentioned it to me once before but I live pretty close to uni so there's plenty of girls of age, and most of the bartenders around here are girls and/or will only hire girls. I'm more than willing though. Gonna look into it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.