[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you convince your brain that it isn't in love with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 093124.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
093124.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
How do you convince your brain that it isn't in love with a fictional character?
>>
As far a your brain's concerned, EVERYONE except you is a fictional character.
>>
>>18250756
thats what fucks me on a daily basis
>>
>>18250731
Tell it to quit being a fucking weeb.
>>
By being in a relationship with a real person. Not trolling here, it's really probably the best way forward if you can pull it off.
>>
>>18250756
>Everyone except you is a fictional character
>Implying the conscious doesn't interpret itself as a mere character as well
>>
>>18251315
Cogito ergo sum.
>>
>>18251449

>I shit therefore I exist

My phrase has literally has the same argumentative value as your statement.

>>18250731

You don't, you take those feelings and harness their power to proper you further into your goals and dreams. Do it for her, literally. At the end of the day, your waifu might still not be real, but you would have made something worth feeling good about.
>>
>>18250731
Well I think it's natural to get attached to things that are comforting and familiar. Maybe this character is part of a show you really enjoy. You likely watch this show to wind down when you're stressed etc.

Maybe you have difficulty socializing and anticipate rejection so don't take risks. Could be social anxiety, autism sprectrum, agoraphobia, just plain shyness. My point is this character is safe to fall in love with because there's no possibility of rejection and no risks.

You also may feel that this character is "perfect" or has no disappointing flaws. The thing you must realize is that fictional characters tend to be idealized and unrealistic.

I don't think you're really abnormal. This isn't all that uncommon. I think that the best thing for you to do is to work through your difficulty coping with the complications and disappointments that come with real social relationships. Learn to cope with rejection and realize you're a likeable person and don't take it personally. Your own opinion of yourself holds more weight than the judgement of another. You know yourself much better than anyone can know you.

Learn to leave your comfort zone and develop coping skills for rejection or social fear. The longer you wait to develop these skills the more difficult it will be.

Finally, contemplate the traits that drew you to this particular character. These are likely traits that you will find attractive in real people. You won't find a perfect copy of the character but pick the top 3 traits you find attractive in this character and look for those.

PS: If the character is in a relationship, try and determine whether or not that relationship is healthy. Try and think about how this relationship resembles those of people whom you are close to and assess the impact these relationships have had on your life.

Hth
>>
>>18250731
A rope, a gun, a high bridge

I could go on but I won't

Let me know if you find something less drastic
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.