[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys. I'm tired of being broke with no savings.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

File: 1490893099592.png (144KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1490893099592.png
144KB, 1024x1024px
Alright guys. I'm tired of being broke with no savings. I want to save but I have no clue how. I've never had money so I don't know how to really manage.
>27
>make 14$ hr
> rent 540
>no car payment
>savings 0$

Need save monies
>>
List as many of your expenses as you can think of.
>>
$14/hr should add up to just under $2k a month after taxes.
>>
Rent 540
Cellphone 85
Dog food 80
Internet 30
Crédit card 50
Loan 200
Food 240
Gas about 120
Insurance 60

I think that's about it.

Yeah monthly is about 2100

Thank you for your help
>>
>>18250698
that means you spend 160 on "various stuff". what is it? can you cut that down? maybe put 100 to the side and only use 60 for those things?
>>
>>18250657
Use food banks to eat, buy clothes at thrift shops, get on snap.
>>
>>18250703
Determined not to use food stamps
>>
File: 1492829968696.png (387KB, 702x702px) Image search: [Google]
1492829968696.png
387KB, 702x702px
>>18250701
Where'd you get 160 from?
>>
>>18250707
Then stay poor. These are programs designed for the exact social mobility you're talking about. If you're too proud to use them, enjoy working until you're 80 and then drop dead.

"He worked until he died, never provided much but we always had a roof. And he never took food stamps! What a hero!"
>>
>>18250712
This man makes a good point.

While you're at it, if you really love your dog, you'll feed him some of that human food you get from the food bank. Plus, that will save you another 80 shekels.
>>
>>18250698
>Cellphone 85
Is that only for you? Because that is expensive as fuck.
>>
>>18250712
Can't get food stamps. Income / living situation .....
>>
>>18250722
Then food banks. And you should get on Medicaid at least so an unexpected medical bill doesn't send you into bankruptcy. You don't have to use it, but FOR THE LOVE OF GOD the social safety net in this country fucking sucks, at least apply for the fucking food stamps. I donate to food banks, Anon.
>>
>>18250657

I'll give you the generic answer you don't want to hear; go back to fucking school or learn a trade. Fuck.

Don't give a shit if you don't have the 'time' or money, nor the fact that you're perfectly young enough to do either. Both the first two can be made out of practically thin air by making a decision.
>>
>>18250698
>food 240
>60 per week
yeah go to /ck/
>>
Applied for it. I have no fucking clue why I got denied.
>>
>>18250726
I'm an emt

Full time student for RN kek.
I'm on it.
>>
>>18250732
Get your NCLEX prep books off thepiratebay
>>
Cheaper rent and second job(s) until loan is paid.
>>
>>18250698
Mine:

Rent 250
Cell phone 30
Cats eat their own damn food
Internet 25
Don't buy things you can't afford
Don't buy things you can't afford
Food 0 (up to $190/mo)
Gas 40
Insurance 30

There's definitely a cheaper way to do things. Phone, food, and rent are the big ones here. Switch to T-Mobile, apply for SNAP, and pick up another roommate.
>>
>>18250698
holy shit that's a really expensive rent. you should consider finding a new place
>>
>>18250698
The total bills you have is 1405. You make around 2100 a month so that leaves 695. Try to break down where thus money is going. Eating out, entertainment, clothing, haircuts, whatever. Try to cut back anyplace you can. An easy thing to do is just put 10% of your paycheck aside in a savings account. Build up an emergency fund of 500. After you have saved 500 use the 10% from your paycheck and anything else you can save from expenses to pay down your credit card. How much more do you owe it? Then raise your emergency fund from 500 to 1000. (Eventually you want your emergency fund to be at least one months total expenses).
You have a good list of your expenses just try to track more of your expenditures. As long as you are responsible paying your bills on time setting aside a percentage of your paycheck for savings can help you cut down on various, impulse purchases. A starbucks coffee, a couple of beers after work, this stuff adds up quick.
Just keep up with your education.
>>
If you live in a city in the US, consider switching to Republic Wireless. It uses Wi-Fi signal instead of cell signal whenever possible and it like $15-20/mo
>>
>>18250809
San diego. This is as cheap as it gets.
>>
>>18250933
Do you live by yourself or with someone else?
>>
you can't. the american dream is dead and no one makes enough to save money now. 80% of americans have no savings anymore. welcome to the world liberals created. instead of your own savings, you pay higher taxes to get "benefits" that suck ass that you would normally buy better versions of with your own fucking money. also, benefits aren't distributed equally but instead along a "to each as needed" instead of in a way related to your input or effort. also, jews decide what your needs are and fuck you if you're single, childless, have a job, are white, aren't a drug addict, try to save even one cent, or are male.
>>
>>18250720
My phone bill is $109 a month lol. Now that's expensive as fuck.

>>18250728
Yeah you can eat for a lot less and you can actually eat really well if you learn how to cook. You might be eating a lot of chicken, rice, and beans but it's better than Ramen that everyone says poor people need to eat. Buy it on sale and in bulk and stick it in the freezer. Get some spices and you can cook chicken lots of different ways. Basically buy any meats on sale and put them in your freezer till you want to eat. Pork loin is cheap on sale too for less than a dollar a pound sometimes. Chicken you can get for less than $2 a pound on sale. A bag of rice or beans is a few bucks and can last you 4-5 days. Stick to cheap veggies like green beans and broccoli.

>>18250858
I told someone else this before too, but yeah you gotta really keep track of literally every expense you have. There's an app called Spending Tracker and it's free, you should really use it. On top of that at the end of each month I keep a notebook where I write it all down.

When I was really trying to save I'd set goals based on my expenses of how much I wanted to save each month and how much I thought I'd have at the end of the month. I've got notebooks full of my budget/finances because I've been doing it for years. I've got a lot in savings now but I still do it. You really have to keep on top of it and keep track of every penny you spend and take in.

I lived pretty frugally for awhile, and I still do it, but every once in awhile I can still splurge on an expensive toy. I've conditioned myself to live simply. Like I said, I've got a substantial savings for someone my age because of it though.
>>
>>18250943
Speak for yourself. Someone us are doing just fine.

>>18250948
I forgot to mention. As far as eating and pretty much any expenses. Learn to be a saavy consumer. I grew up going to the grocery with my mom and shopping in general and she looked for a deal on everything and wouldn't over spend. So I got a lot of that from her. She grew up in Vietnam during the war and was poor. My dad grew up right after the Depression here in the states poor as hell too. I grew up somewhat poor because we lived frugally. The point I'm making is that you have to condition yourself and educate yourself on living frugally.
>>
>>18250698
>Cell phone
Get a cheaper plan, should be $40 max

>Food
You shouldn't be spending more than $30-40 a week to feed yourself

>Gas
What the fuck
>>
>>18250956
I don't believe you. unless you're jewish, mixed minority or minority, or were born into a family dynasty of money, or conned your way into a decent job, I don't believe you. only people I know doing decent are all engaging in illegal activity, or tick the boxes for suckling off the government.
>>
You make shit op. Saving will lead you to a life of desperation and pain at this point, you need to get your hourly income up ASAP.

Start kicking ass at work, go the extra mile, get a promotion, then save the extra you make from that, because you're living fine right now on your shitty pay, the mistake everyone makes is when they get more money, they just spend it.
>>
>>18250720
yeah shit man, I only spend $28/month for unlimited everything. although after the first 4 gigabytes of data the speed drops from 4g to 3g.

I never use that much data because I have a computer.
>>
>>18250698
that food bill is really high for one person, how often are you eating out instead of cooking? you could switch to soylent or one of the other varieties for $70 less per month.
>>
>>18251011
>get a promotion
don't fall for the promotion for like .25 more an hour though OP. likely that's all they'll give you. reason being increasing what they pay you, also increases the taxes they pay the ZOG for the privilege of being able to pay you. seriously, your employer has to pay the government to pay you. one of the biggest reasons for wage stagnation and in many cases reversal other than the massive influx of fucking immigrants that will work for bottlecaps and used condoms.

good luck OP, but it's not gonna matter. been there, done that, worked my fucking ass off, destroyed my body working like hell, barely slept, got me nowhere. it's all too fucked. you might as well play the lotto cause the chances or getting ahead are about the same these days.
>>
>>18250999
If you read my other post you'd see I am mixed race and was born into a poor family. My dad was a construction worker and my mom was a stay at home mother raising 2 kids.

Now I'm older than the majority of the posters here so I think my upbringing is a little different and I actually did grow up learning the value of hard work, responsibilities, and consequences. Not saying some of the younger people don't get that growing up but from what I've seen people 10-15 years younger than me are growing up differently. I'm in my 30's by the way.

I used to think I got to where I am through sheer luck but the reality is I got to where I am through hard work. I've been working since I was 15, and besides the 1 year walk about I took, I've been working the entire time. I've only had 5 jobs in that time too and I'm an employers wet dream. So I move up really fast all because I work hard. Something I swear a lot of this current generation knows nothing about. Sorry to those of you that do work hard, but I think you know some of your fellow millennials are lazy entitled little shitheads.
>>
>>18251054
yeah, it doesn't matter if you bust ass as a white anymore. I have worked on average 80 hours a week for the last couple years and it means fuck all. before that, working 9-5s I was always the best employee in the building, meant dick all.

muh white privilege. nigger please, I get shit no matter how I work, the pot head nigger next me that I never see go to work, with his three kids is getting back my entire taxable income back as his return. I ran the numbers through a return estimator. I owe damn near a thousand fucking dollars while I'm this close to being homeless and that fucking lazy piece of shit is getting a return the size of my entire goddamn fucking income.

it's not sheer luck or hard work, it's ticking the boxes in a rigged system.
>>
>>18251074
Perhaps you should have stayed in school and gotten a better job, Anon. Can't help ya if you refuse to help yourself.
>>
>>18251074
I look white though and I always check the white box... I don't even think there's a single black person that works at my company, the only one that worked at my office got laid off last year, and it's a multi-million dollar business with offices across the globe. So it's not some rinky dink operation. Well, I take that back, I guess the people we have in Dubai are probably colored, but in America we're all white.

Keep making up excuses.
>>
File: go fuck yourself with a cactus.jpg (59KB, 445x530px) Image search: [Google]
go fuck yourself with a cactus.jpg
59KB, 445x530px
>>18251085
I would have, gladly, but I went to college the same year the economy crashed. I couldnt get a job, my family went through bankruptcy, there was nothing saved, and I didn't tick any of the boxes for financial aid of any kind.

frankly, if you want to insinuate that I didn't work hard enough, go fuck yourself. if I wasn't in class I was walking miles to go meet every manager of every place in a couple mile radius. knew most of them by name. utlimately though i had to drop out cause my grandma got cancer and I wasn't going to be the reason we couldn't afford to put her in the hospital.

go fuck yourself with a cactus mystery meat.
>>
>>18251102
you could just get a roommate and cut your housing expenses by 50%
>>
>>18251102
There's always someone who has it worse than you but still managed to succeed.
>>
>>18251170
I've been abused my whole life and I've been homeless. it doesn't get worse.

go set yourself on fire kike.
>>
>>18251187
You're never going to get anywhere in life with a defeatist attitude.
>>
>>18250698
>Rent 540
Find somewhere cheaper to live, even if by 100$ less a month

>Cellphone 85
This is too much, change your plan

>Dog food 80
Stop buying so much of this. Dogs can eat most human food.

>Food 240
That is insane for one person. You need to stop buying so much pre-packaged processed food. Learn to cook from scratch and you can drop that to $120 a month including feeding Fido.

Buy bulk, cook, fridge\freezer the rest. Potatoes, rice, veg, chicken are cheap.

>Gas about 120
Walk\bus more, drive less.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.