[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the benefit of getting married? You working your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: serveimage.jpg (273KB, 1443x1518px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
273KB, 1443x1518px
What's the benefit of getting married? You working your ass off to support a bunch of ungrateful brats and bitch wife who probably bored of you after a few years. Then in the end of the day, you're nothing but a fucking tool for other instead of living by all yourself, spending your hard earned money for yourself, taking no responsibility for other than yourself, do whatever the fuck you want as long it legal, no one will tell you what to do.

I'm 24 and I have a stable job with good income but I'm still alone, If I want to have sex I would just call for a prostitute.
>>
>>18250049
Alright
>>
>>18250051
It is a wise decision to do this? I'm okay with dying alone thoug
>>
>>18250054
Probably not
>>
>>18250049
My husband and I both work. We split expenses which means we save a lot of money. We split chores so we save a lot of time. I cook everything from scratch, he grows vegetables for us, so we save a shitton of money. We have more money to spend on ourselves.
We have a person to do cool shit with. We have someone who loves and takes care of us whatever happens. He can walk in a room and ask me "wanna fuck?" and get his dick sucked. We can do whatever we want unless we want to fuck other people.
Don't know, pretty happy this far.
>>
>>18250063
Not OP, but this is how I'd imagine a perfect relationship would be like.
>>
>>18250063
> We can do whatever we want unless we want to fuck other people.

And you could even do that if you weren't uptight and emotional about it.

I'm married and still hang out with other girls. Was never interested in casual sex though.
>>
>>18250087
Nah, we're very happy with monogamy.
I'm one of those people who gets ultra committed once they're in a relationship, I can't even masturbate while fantasising of fucking someone else.

>>18250084
It's pretty fine.
We'd probably be best friends if we weren't in love and wanted to fuck each other, so life is pretty chill.
>>
>>18250049
What do you use your money for? Once you buy enough shiny toys you will realize that exchaging your life for money is anything but good trade.

Capitalism is probably the best system we had so far, but on personal level hoarding money is pretty much useless once you own property where you live and you have no risk of hunger / poverty even in case of few months of unemployment thnks to savings.
>>
>>18250049
I'm not sure OP. Sometimes my wife feels like a very expensive full time maid and part time disappointing hooker. I'd say if you stay single for 5 more years to figure out what you really want you'd be good.
>>
With your current POV you should definitely stay single. Wish I had but for different reasons. You gotta work no matter what and having a partner in life makes everything more bearable somehow. I also like having a mate to do stuff with, but I like to be alone a lot too. Luckily my spouse does too, but part of me still wishes I didn't have to pay attention to anyone other than my kid and myself. But then, I think I'm just limited in my ability to love very much.
>>
>>18250049
Any man with enough foresight, character, and optimism is very capable of raising a happy family.

If you marry a "bitch", that's because you are not enough of a man to do any better than a bitch. If you end up raising "ungrateful brats", that is because you, as the man of the family, have fostered such an environment for your kids that they become ungrateful brats.

Despite all of this modern feminist horseshit you see in the media, it really is up to you, as the man in a family, to set the tone for what kind of childhood and marriage that your family experiences. If you're a defeatist beta bitch, then your family will crumble just as you expect it to. You lead by example. Blaming your wife and kids for a failed family is nothing more than projection on your part.

t. Proud husband and father of 3
>>
>>18251939
What do you do when kids disobey you?

Or are they not yet in the age to disobey properly? How do you deal with them throwing tantrums?

How and where did you met your wife?
>>
>>18250049

honestly i could argue that there are legal benefits but they by no means outweigh the consequences of gettiing married. even if i met the right girl id stay non married just cuz of the bigger hassle of divorce dow nthe road.
>>
Some people's life goal is to get a solid family structure going on. It's okay to not be one of those people
>>
File: 1484638340562.jpg (78KB, 612x344px) Image search: [Google]
1484638340562.jpg
78KB, 612x344px
>>18250049

>What's the benefit of getting married?

Well, I suppose your stance on marriage benefits women because they wont ever have to endure being married to a whiny little cunt like you. I'm not sure what your benefit would be.

I think you're on the right path. Stay unmarried. God forbid you raise children with the same deluded, immature principles that you have. I will venture to say that the world does not need more people like you.
>>
>>18252040
He's right tho, and also fuck you, stupid cunt
>>
>>18250049

The benefit seems to be meaning, apparently little in this life will give you as much meaning as giving back to your community with a skill you've spent years to master and getting a family to take care for and support.

It's what humans have been doing for a long time. A male being past 40 without a partner or children is definitely not a model of happiness and well-being, at least I've yet to see one.
>>
>>18252040

Do you realize he's a 24 year old man, right? He's still got much to learn. What exactly are you achieving by insulting OP?
>>
>>18252040
You've insulted him just because he has spoken some truth?
>>
>>18252081
>A male being past 40 without a partner or children is definitely not a model of happiness and well-being

Did you pull that age out of the air? Please elaborate your statement.
>>
First of all, if you correct divorce rates for getting married when both >25 and having the same level of education, you have a much better shot than half of making it without a divorce. Do your research. There's a ton of factors and the 50/50 stat is including people who get married at eighteen because the girl is pregnant and so on.

Secondly, I really resent this popular trope that "living for yourself" somehow means not being as close to other people. What is your idea of a great life, OP? Fucking prostitutes for literal decades? And then? Your friends will move away, grow apart, and even if that doesn't happen won't have the time to make you a priority because they have families. Making good friends as an adult is notoriously difficult.

The thing is that getting married (provided it's someone you love, of course) and getting kids has many dull moments or even years. A lot of sacrificing for the sake of the family unit. But you know why you're doing it, you do it because these are the people you hold dear and belong to, you want to make a future for your kids. You become part of the generational chain and take the place of your father as the parent of your own beloved kids.

Having money and partying it up might seem fun but is more an endless chasing of pleasure than anything to do with happiness. True happiness comes from feeling connected to things bigger than yourself (be it the people you love, spirituality, a passion you lose yourself in, your community). THAT is real freedom. Not being a slave to hormonal knee jerk reflexes.

I'm not saying that I don't believe one can be happy without a family. I do think it takes a lot more in that scenario to find a purpose in life and experience your life as fulfilling, and that many people lack the skills (introspection, discipline) to make that happen. (And not chase kicks that leave a bad taste in their mouth, and no lasting memory.)
>>
>>18252100

No, not really. I went by what I think should be the age limit for a man to start a family. I know I wouldn't want to be 50 years old when my first child is born, I would have very little energy to work properly on his/her development.

I am merely 21 one years old, but everything seems to point out to a decline in both cognitive and physical abilities as one grows older. I do not think it would be very enjoyable to be 60 years old when your kid is 10. Now, being 50 when he is 10? That seems way more doable.
>>
>>18252100
>>18252131

Now, if you're a referring as why I believe a male past 40 years old cannot be happy without a partner and a family, is because I have never met one in such condition that was happy.

The only ones I've met took refugee in alcoholism and very strange hobbies, such as dressing up in furry suits.
>>
>>18252040

found the 30+ old feminist
>>
>>18250049
You sound awfully bitter.
>>
>>18252202
You don't need to be a feminist to see that OP is a heaping manure of manchild.
>>
>>18252130
OP here, thank you so much for this post
>>
>>18252141
I've got 7 siblings half with several kids. I can see it their eyes that kids are rough and I'm the *selfish* one because I'm having fun traveling and working in a field I love.

Nah I'll stick to being the cool uncle.
>>
>>18250049
stay alone never get married it is the equivalent of shoot your self in the foot
>>
File: 1490996880486.png (312KB, 400x404px) Image search: [Google]
1490996880486.png
312KB, 400x404px
>>18252065

If by right you mean the opposite of right then sure. He's totally right.

>>18252086

>Do you realize he's a 24 year old man, right?

That isn't an excuse for harboring such toxic entitlement and deluded morality.

>What exactly are you achieving by insulting OP?

What exactly are any of us achieving by posting anything here? Nothing. Amusement, maybe.

>>18252087

>You've insulted him just because he has spoken some truth?

I've insulted him because he is so morally repugnant and emotionally immature he has actually convinced himself that raising shitty kids, marrying a shitty woman and living a shitty life is somehow everyone else's fault but his.

The lack of personal responsibility these kids take for their lives is absolutely staggering and its no wonder they flock here to this site in such gigantic, unfulfilled numbers. How can you possibly sit there with a straight face and claim that its someone else's fault that you married a terrible woman? Or that you did a shitty job parenting?

People like him are the reason so much of our society tailspins into depression and disarray; because they're too busy complaining about their unfulfilled lives to actually do something about it. They pretend to be helpless observers in their own lives because they're too weak to accept responsibility for it.

He lives his life like a petulant child and when the shit hits the fan because he's such a useless crybaby he wants to lay the blame in everyone else's lap. Its repugnant. Its sad. Its exhausting.

>>18252202

Found the virgin.
>>
>>18252634
OP had a bad attitude no doubt but he's not wrong that marriage is often a raw deal for the man. Most states favor the mother in kids and finances.

There's no reason to beat you're dick about how much better you are than OP either. It's 4chan nigger.
>>
Hi OP i done that when i was your age make sure to have a 3 way with some hookers i wish i had done that. Im 30 now and married with a kid on the way. Life is about progress i guess, me and the wife have worked hard together bought our own house,cars,boat. You just gotta choose the right path Op.
>>
File: 401P_NadaOurLove_pink_230pxl.jpg (28KB, 169x230px) Image search: [Google]
401P_NadaOurLove_pink_230pxl.jpg
28KB, 169x230px
>>18250049
>>
>>18252648
>marriage is often a raw deal for the man
> Most states favor the mother in kids and finances.

I love it how NEETs and people who have never had girlfriends are always so worried about women stealing their hard-earned twitch stream money.
>>
>>18253885
Its really not bizarre to worry about that, especially when you hear cases about it from videos and accounts of men who have got cheated hard like that by the system. the one where the father got sent to prison for not being able to pay the ridiculous ailmony of the ex-wife still shocks me whenever the memory of it resurfaces.
>>
Is the sex with prostitutes any good ? Isn't it a bit awkward ? Are you even allowed to kiss ?
>>
>>18250063
this seems like unrealistic bullshit
>>
>>18250049
well for 1, you are lonely as fuck

i am not

2, it takes a long time to get to know someone really well.

eh i dont feel like explaining this shit

basically mother fucker, being lonely sucks. and no matter how many prostitutes or sex partners you have, you will be lonely without a family and a wife by your side 24/7

fun is pretty pointless if you're doing it by yourself.... love is the greatest emotion unfortunately and everything gets boring, is empty, and bland without love

go find someone and put up with their shit dumbass, or make threads like this and resent live for eternity. learn to be nice to people or be fucking depressed and commit suicide in your 40's like my single loner uncle
>>
>>18252212
EVERYONE THAT IS SINGLE IS FUCKING BITTER DUH
>>
>>18253885
You didn't actually dispute anything I said, but nice strawman.

I'm not against marriage, but you better be sure of it unless you want to get taken to the cleaners. One of my goals is restring early, if my ex wife were to take half or more of that I'd consider something rash.
>>
>>18252648
I live in North dakota.
My ex husband cheated on me with some fat girl in his cult and I divorced him. He fought for our daughter and won and I have to pay 440 dollars a month for child support

So before you say women are in favor. He pretty much fucked me in the ass on this one.

To >>18250049

I would wait to get married. Live your party life. If you find someone you find someone. But in the end divorce rates are high and someone usually gets fucked over in the end. However you get a bunch of nice tax breaks when you're married. Only good thing that comes from it
>>
>>18250049
What advice were you looking for?

It's just the marriage btw, not the family. Don't undermine the family, or states will fall apart moreso than already
>>
File: Cover.jpg (123KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
123KB, 1400x1400px
>>18252040
My father is 65, owns two houses, a pickup truck and a Jaguar, has 5 children including me and is still dating multiple women even though he'll probably die in the next 10-20 years. Never married once in his life, always gave my mother child support and visited me.

He's the happiest guy I've ever met and I've always trusted his advice and support.
>>
>>18253913
>>18254279
Sup virgin losers.
Back to r9k with your sexist shit.
>>
>>18250049
Thought the same thing Anon.

Nearly 30 now, most of my friendship circle have just become acquaintances, good friends are just now friends, and best friends are now just good friends.
They are all getting older, focusing on their careers, families, getting married and shit.

I see some of them maybe once a month, maybe every other month. I have a long term girlfriend, and for most of our relationship I didn't really take seriously. But as time has gone by, I can see why some people prefer marriage over being alone. The only hurdle tho, is finding someone you simply can get along with, trust and be happy. Gonna ask her to marry me sometime soon.

But, in your case, you sound like you are second guessing all this and can't seem to grasp the concept. My only advice is, find a good woman, and make children with her happiness will come, but only if you accept that you are a family and not just a bunch of people living together.
>>
File: philosoraptor.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
philosoraptor.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
>>18250063
>He does chores
Sounds pussy whipped
>can't fuck other people
What a nightmare. Pussy doesn't age like wine. It's more like cheese. Fucking the same pussy gets old quick.
>we have a person to do cool shit with.
Yea I'm sure that happens all the time. Implying its not just you dragging him places.
>>
>>18254786
Troll, or completely clueless how other people live their lives normally.
>>
>>18254786
Why shouldn't be do chores? I'm not his babysitter, he's old enough to vacuum.

He seems happy with the sex.

And actually we do cool stuff together. Similar hobbies, I don't need to drag him anywhere because we like the same shit.
>>
File: 54354676.png (614KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
54354676.png
614KB, 720x540px
>>18254798
You are trying to argue with probably pic related. Don't bother.
>>
>>18250049
Femanon here

Idfk man. He abandoned me and left me penniless and in danger of freezing to death because he hated my father and I wouldn't cut all contact.

You explain why a man would put his wife in a situation where she has to literally beg in order to not freeze to death, and I'll try to explain why some women suck.
>>
>>18254592
Let me guess, You either make more than he does or you're a felon.
>>
>>18255806
It was probably something else. That was either the tipping point or an excuse/vent he latched on to, mainly because it's not your fault your father was disagreeable so he wasn't directly hurting you.

I'd take the time to be honest with yourself if you did some annoying/selfish things, have bad habits or don't look after yourself enough. Raise your standards for yourself and you'll find a better, more devoted guy who'll stick with you.

Most of all be honest. It will inspire even the slimiest, most secretive guy to be more honest with you, and communication will get to the bottom of why he didn't like you enough to stick around. And you won't feel dirty and cheap by lying to him or yourself.
>>
>>18250049
Tax breaks and social validation.
>>
>>18250049
A U T I S M
>>
You watch too many movies, no ones forcing you to have a family.
>>
>>18256616
anyone who says tax breaks should research the tax code a little more

you only pay less tax because she works as a cashier for minimum wage
>>
>>18252040
Must be one salty cunt, poor cuck who goes down on you
>>
>>18256600
I pressed for the real reason, again and again. All I ever got was that and I didn't make enough money for him and he didn't like that. He's actually doing worse financially now though.

It's strongly possible that I'm at least mildly autistic, which I'm extremely well aware of. I sort of feel like people don't have to bully me anymore because I already hate myself on some level. His step mother I guess latched on to this and him being unhappy with me not cutting contact with my father, and just went full on attacking me constantly irl and on facebook. She would use me getting upset at her for publicly attacking me as a reason to further bad mouth me and isolate my husband from me.

I'm not fat or anything, in fact I can wear clothes made for Asian girls just fine. I know that doesn't matter if I am autistic though. I'll always be low value no matter what I do or how pretty I am.
>>
>>18250049
>What's the benefit of getting married
Stability and legal recognition for children of yours you are raising. That is the only real benefit.

I was married for 15 years to a horrible woman and it sucked. I kept it together that long for the kids.

I was single for 8 years after that, it was great.

Now I'm married to a hot younger woman who make a great wife and mother.

Being single is much better than a shitty marriage, but a good marriage is better than being single,
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.