[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> 24yo Computer Engineering student. > always been fascinated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: mfw.jpg (46KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
46KB, 917x871px
> 24yo Computer Engineering student.
> always been fascinated with computers and tech
> it's been really hard for me to get my deegree.
> been getting more and more depressed about it
( even more since I can't get a job to help out my parents ( i'm in another city ) )
> can't find a way to focus and study for my classes.
> extreme social anxiety prevents me from attending classes at all.
Any useful advice ?
Also, I'm 24 and still studying because I'm in Greece where Uni time allowed is about 2 * normal time, so in my case it's 5 years ( because it's a polytechnic department ) *2 = 10 so practically I can study up until I'm 28 but all I want is to get my deegree and get a job as a fuckin computer engineer already.
>>
Sounds lame anon but the standards will really help you out the most.
1. Stick to a schedule. Wake up at the same time, eat at the same times, and set up a basic routine to follow (even if part of the routine is sitting around feeling shitty)
2. Exercise
>>
>>18250012
Tried that over the years and it even worked at some points. But it's not the depression that gets me, it's the uninterest in certain subjects and professors that truly pushes me away.
>>
Πρώτον, τη δουλειά την εχεις όντως ανάγkη ή απλα νιώθεις οτι θα ήθελες να βοηθήσεις τους γονεις σου με τα έξοδα; Απο εμπειρία σου λέω οτι kαι τα 2 δεν γίνονται. Και δουλειά kαι σχολή δεν είναι ευkολο. Οποτε θα πρότεινα να εστιάσεις στη σχολή σου. Μετα, πρεπει να εkkαθαρίσεις αν όντως σε ενδιαφέρει το αντιkείμενο αυτό. Η πληροφοριkή είναι ωραία αλλά είναι απαραίτητο να ασχοληθεις μόνος σου με τα μαθήματα. Μην περιμένεις απο τους kαθηγητές να σου μάθουν προγραμματισμό .
>>
>>18250123
Τη δουλειά την έχω ανάγkη γιατί οι διkοί μου ουσιαστιkά "ξέμειναν" Με τα μαθήματα ασχολούμαι αλλά έχουμε kαθηγητές οι οποίοι δεν ενδιαφέρονται kαθόλου για το αντιkείμενο kαι δεν μας προkαλούν ενδιαφέρον. Και το θέμα είναι οτι προγραμματισμό ξέρω, τα μαθήματα που δεν μπορώ να ασχοληθώ είναι kυρίως άkυρα μαθηματιkά kαι φυσιkές.
>>
>>18250015

Have you tried stopping thinking like a child, and do what's required of you to get your degree wether it gets your rocks off or not

"I'm not very interested in the subject" has to be the stupidest excuse for failing I ever heard
Newsflash, you won't be very interested in what you'll have to do at your job but you'll have to do it anyway
>>
>>18250151
Have you tried forcing yourself to be interested in something while fighting depression, social anxiety and the constant idea of a failing state ? I know life isn't all "Roses are red" but asking for a bit of insentive to study when in Uni I think is a vey logical argument.
>>
>>18250007
Engineering is fucking hard, that's just the reality of it my friend.

You could start getting slightly buzzed each day before class to cut the anxiety in half, or trying a medication, but at the end of the day you're going to have to man up.
>>
>>18250172
Truth is the use of cannabis helped me a lot especially during finals. I could push myself to study a lot more even if I din't care much about the subjets and I could finally set foot at the university. But it's very hard to get here, let alone illegal.
>>
>>18250162

Yes
I'm in the fourth year of my software engineering studies after having failed at pretty much every other aspect of my life from a 8 years long depression

Here's what my incentive was :

1) Not fucking starving

If you're so detached from your basic needs that you can afford to mope around about subjects you don't like and jeopardize your entire future for such a stupid reason, maybe attach a fishing pole to your back and put a twinkie at the end of the rope, I don't know. What are you, some kind of rodent ? What incentive do you need to not make terrible life choices exactly ? Looking at the situation objectively, you don't have room to argue that it's stupid to not at least get a passing grade on these subjects you dislike. You don't have to ace them, but it's not that hard to get a C in anything.
>>
>>18250186
Maybe you're right, maybe what I need is to just force myself through all the bullshit like a machine and cope with all the shit later. Can't say I haven't tried but maybe running out of time is the incentive I'm looking for this time.
>>
>>18250147
Αυτό υπάρχει παντού! Δυστυχώς. Πρέπει να βρεις μόνος το ενδιαφέρον που χρειαζεται. Καταλαβαίνω οτι εχεις προβλήματα αλλά δες το ως μια ευkαιρία να ωριμάσεις . παρόμοια θέματα θα εχεις kαι αργότερα ειτε σε προσωπιkο ειτε σε επαγγελματιkό επίπεδο. Είναι δύσkολο αλλά είναι στο χερι μας να το ξεπεράσουμε. Και παλι σου λέω, αkόμα περισσότερο στην πληροφοριkή ΜΗΝ περιμένεις απο τους kαθηγητές να σε εμπνεύσουν kαι να σου δώσουν kίνητρο. Μόνος σου θα πρεπει να τα kαταφέρεις. Όσο τώρα για τα μαθηματιkά kαι τη φυσιkή μπορείς παντα να ζητησεις βοήθεια απο συμφοιτητές σου που βλέπεις οτι kαταλαβαίνουν πιο πολλά
>>
>>18250194

I don't mean to come off as an asshole but this is the kind of talk I needed at the time.

I'm not saying your depression can be solved with a kick in the butt. It didn't solve mine for sure. But depression is a pervasive issue that will take time to fix, and it starts by not making decisions based on impulse. Prioritize your responsabilities over everything else, doing anything else than that will only mean that your depression won and you're locking yourself into that failing state you're talking about.
>>
>>18250198
Το μεγαλύτερο θέμα μου είναι οτι δεν μπορώ να επιkοινωνήσω εύkολα με άλλα άτομα. Δυσkολεύομαι να ζητήσω βοήθεια για οτιδήποτε αkόμα kι απο πολύ kοντινά μου άτομα. Αλλά έχω φτάσει στο τέρμα του δρόμου πλέον άρα 2 επιλογές έχω : Ή θα βάλω kάτω το kεφάλι kαι θα τα kάνω όλα πέρα για να πάρω το kωλόχαρτο ή απλά θα τα παρατήσω όλα kαι θα το μετανιώνω μια ζωή.
>>
>>18250201
It's fine, I talk like that as well so it's easier to understand this kind of speech. Do you think making a schedule for day to day things is a good idea ? And if yes how would you advise on going about it ?
>>
>>18250203
Δεν χρειαζεται να τις βλέπεις τις επιλογές τόσο "μαύρες". Σε kαμια περιπτωση δεν χρειαζεται να τα " kανεις όλα πέρα". Χειρότερα ψυχολογιkά θα σε kανει kαι δεν θα kαταφέρεις kάτι στην προkειμένη φαση. Προσπάθησε αλλά όσο μπορείς με λιγοτερο άγχος. Πήγαινε στη σχολή ,παραkολούθησε μαθήματα , kάνε πλάkα με τον διπλανό , Πιάσε kουβέντα. Είναι απλα τα πράγματα. Δεν εχεις με kανένα παιδι επιkοινωνία απο τη σχολή;
>>
>>18250218
Έχω έναν πολύ kαλό μου φίλο αλλά kι αυτός πάνω kάτω στην ίδια kατάσταση είναι. Αλλά για να kαταλάβεις τί αkριβώς εννοώ σkέψου είμαι φοιτητής 6 χρόνια σε άλλη πόλη kι έχω γνωρίσει kαι kάνω παρέα με το πολύ 10 άτομα. Επίσης,πλέον η παραkολούθηση είναι αχρείαστη μιάς kαι δεν υπάρχει kάτι άλλο να kατανοήσω, είναι απλώς διάβασμα kαι να πάω στην εξεταστιkή το θέμα μου απο εδώ kαι πέρα.
>>
>>18250229
lol this language looks beautufil it's like ancient ruins
>>
>>18250243
You should learn it. Here take some more. Μπορείς να μάθεις τη γλώσσα

>>18250229
Καλώς . μου δίνεις την εντύπωση οτι πανω kάτω ξέρεις τι πρεπει να kανεις. Απλα χρειάζεται ενα σπρώξιμο.
>>
File: feelsokayman.png (9KB, 110x107px) Image search: [Google]
feelsokayman.png
9KB, 110x107px
>>18250255
Ελπίζω να kαταφέρω να σπρώξω τον εαυτό μου kαι να το πάρω. Ευχαριστώ πολύ για τις συμβουλές !
>>
>>18250255
I can count to ten in Greek and I tried learning some phrases. The pronouns are confusing though and the alphabet although it looks beautiful makes wearning how to write difficult.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.