[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been dating my SO for 3 years. After 3 dates he got down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1458872528241.jpg (134KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1458872528241.jpg
134KB, 512x512px
I have been dating my SO for 3 years. After 3 dates he got down on one knee and told me he would marry me on the spot if he had a ring.I am 26 and have always wanted to settle down or find "the one" so this was very romantic for me.

Things were great for about 6 months. We immediately moved in together and became financially co-dependant. Since then things have been slowly declining. We have sex maybe once a month, sometimes up to 6 months without any sexual contact.

Basically, he has come to hate me for my interest in politics and, really anything outside of video games exclusively. I realized that the only thing we really had in common was games, nothing about our personalities or life goals or anything. He has since retracted wanting to marry me and keeps demanding I get more money from working part time through my PhD programme or finish the doctorate before thinking about anything serious. That would be a bit more okay if he hadn't started the 3rd date like he did.

Anyway, I started getting involved in some stuff online and ended up being able to be in communication with another internet personality who I really liked. I got the chance to meet this person recently and am feeling more infatuated and emotional than I have in almost 3 years. My stupid emotions are screaming at me to abandon my long-term relationship for the purpose of working toward a chance of being with this person and trying that instead all while my logic is telling me to give up and accept that my life is too set-in-stone to be altered.

Part of my issue is my current partner despises my politics and views on everything. We never stop arguing. I have also, truly, not felt so infatuated with a person since I was a teenager. I feel like a 16 year old girl again and it's an insane feeling. Still, I have to consider finances and the living situation.
>>
>>18249974

Who's the internet personality? Are you female? What are your politics? Do you WANT to break up with your SO?
>>
>>18249977
Can't say.
Yes.
Libtertarian/Ancap type.
Yes, I am miserable, have been for months.
>>
>>18249982

Then just break up with your BF. Your life is not set in stone. Rather have one tough year than a lifetime of unhappiness. Also, tell me who the celeb is. I'm just curious. Is he a political youtuber?
>>
Break it off OP. You deserve to be happy and not have the life sucked out of you. Even if things don't go well with this new guy, you will feel so unburdened.
>>
>>18249985
Perhaps, my fear is that because we live together and are interdependent that it would take a long time to separate. That would then mean dropping this long term, if failed thing, to start all over again with what will inevitably need to begin as an ldr that could take a very long time to build and also likely fail. We are both YTers, yes.
>>
>>18250029
So get your shit together to separate first, and when you are ready just do it.

He doesn't want to marry you, right? So there is no future here. Get out.
>>
Drop the boyfriend but don't go for the relationship with the youtuber

You seem way too confused about where your life is headed to make any sort of commitment at the moment, and your infatuation is probably mainly due to things that have no bearing on wether that person would make a good partner or not

Chances are you actually haven't done any soul searching in a good long while, and it'll benefit you in the long run to not jump on the first train you see speeding past you before settling on where you would like to go.

Also youtubers, especially political youtubers tend to be extreme narcissists so I would be more warry of that person than you seem to be.
>>
Is it That Guy T?
>>
>>18249982
>Libertarian/Ancap

/B A S E D/
>>
>>18249974
>mfw OP is having an affair with styxe

No but just move back in with your parents or get your own place. It's not gonna work out with your boyfriend, and slow down with the youtuber
>>
>>18250237
Holy shit I hope it's Styx
>>
>>18249982
Ya your bf is a bitch.

Besides that 3rd date proposal thing is kind of strange. Maybe a little sweet but obviously he isn't quite right in the head.
>>
>>18249974
>After 3 dates he got down on one knee and told me he would marry me on the spot if he had a ring.

This was your first major red flag and you shouldn't have ignored it. I hope you have learned something from this, don't rush!
>>
>>18249974
You're a moron if you're thinking about staying with this dude because you've been with him for three years. Seriously, move the fuck on already. That's the logical decision. You're just being a pussy.
>>
>moving in with guy that proposes on the 3. date

you are so stupid it hurts my brain
>>
>>18250127
Hmm, you may be right about the ego. I don't really know. I am without question infatuated and I know enough to know that's never a good place to make decisions from.

Things have been falling apart with my bf for so long, all we do is yell at each other. The problem is the co-dependants.

You are very right about reflecting on my life though. I have felt like I'm stuck in a rut for almost 2 years now regarding my plans for the future. I met this person with absolutely zero intention of anything romantic happening, I had suppressed admitting I had any feelings, I suppose, but in that way it was a wake-up call to my own unhappiness in my current situation.
>>
To me it seems like breaking up would be the best option. Could never imagine myself keeping a relationship with an intolerant person on the left, not sure how you put up with it. Also seems like this person might have contempt for your views (and therefore you) which is a toxic situation for you to be in.
>>
>>18250154

I'd put money on this one.
>>
>>18249974
How the fuck do you date someone for 3 years and not know games were the only thing you have in common kek
>>
>>18250851
I normally laugh at "lol drumf" stuff, but i have felt like his irritation has grown into contempt. I can't even record sometimes because he gets so angry to have to listen to anything vaguely political from another room .
>>
>>18250877

http://www.businessinsider.com/one-behavior-is-the-kiss-of-death-for-a-relationship-2015-1

https://www.gottman.com/blog/the-four-horsemen-contempt/

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/resolution-not-conflict/201303/how-contempt-destroys-relationships
>>
Tell your BF to chill the fuck out of the politicizing shit or you're through.

People who can't handle other people's politics without instantly resorting to proselytism shouldn't be allowed to live with anyone else at all. They should be quarantined until they see sense again.
>>
Also, y'all shouldn't be so surprised that games are the only point in contact these two share. Tons of morons meet & hookup over MMOs and ASSFAGGOTS these days. They don't try to gauge the personality other than "oh he enjoys the same time of gaems I do! LOL!" and end up miserable in the end when core personality characteristics are slowly unveiled.

Video games are a shitty reason to hook up with anybody, but as long as people still do it you'll still see threads like this on here.
>>
File: 1488696685424.jpg (150KB, 890x876px) Image search: [Google]
1488696685424.jpg
150KB, 890x876px
>>18251263
The thing is I haven't mentioned a word to him about politics since well before the US election since he had already gotten on my case over it. I only talk politics on /pol/ and in videos. I could understand if I absolutely never shut up about it, but that's not the case.

A friend of mine is visiting and he got angry over me just now mentioning that Le Pen got through the first round - he doesn't even know who Le Pen is, he just knows its vaguely political so he gets irate.
>>
>>18251271
Probably right. He also used to be very romantic though and made music. He hasn't touched his guitar in over a year. I certainly was in love with him but I guess as you said we have core differences. I used to be upset because he has changed his mind on wanting to get married but perhaps that was for the best.

Toward this other guy I think I actually understand where the term "love sick" comes from. I can't eat, I've been throwing up, shaking, feeling like im going to have a heart attack - which is an extreme ive never experienced, but at least this time if something does happen I will know it's based on something less superficial than an interest in games.
>>
>>18250695
She is an ancap after all
Better she finds another randroid
>>
>>18249974
>shitty relationship
>connection with YouTuber

These are two completely different issues anon.

The relationship was shitty BEFORE you met the youtuber.
The relationship will stay shitty AFTER the youtuber
The relationship will STILL be shitty even if you got married.

Do not confuse your dissatisfaction for this relationship with your potential feelings for the other guy.

End this, or try to work on it; though I'm of the opinion that this relationship moved way too fucking fast and was never going to work out since you never gave yourself time to get to know each other before going head deep, and the only way you would have any chance to fix this is if you COMPLETELY started over and tried to get to know one another from scratch(like literally go back to the dating to see if you want to be bf/gf phase)--and even then you might still discover that you don't wouldn't work as a couple.

The rest of it is shit to figure out for after and should have no influence on which of those two options you decide between.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.