[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>say the word retard around someone in a different context

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 2493f6b4.jpg (38KB, 658x344px) Image search: [Google]
2493f6b4.jpg
38KB, 658x344px
>say the word retard around someone in a different context than its dictionary definition
"Ugh... that is so not acceptable for you to say.. it is offensive etc etc"

how do i respond to this shit, because my immediate reaction is just to call them retarded but i also want to be well liked

i cannot stand people who cant separate context with terms and just sperg the fuck out over hearing something they associate with something offensive
>>
>>18249714
>i want to be well liked
then let them feel like they're right

also make sure you put the accent on the tard and not the re. This is a common term used on sheet music that means "slow down the tempo" and is difficult to confuse with the insult when pronounced that way.
>>
just tell them to shut up. see the reason they keep acting that way is cause no one ever tells them to shut up or that they're being unpleasant cunts. fuck being liked, be right; and stop being a cuck that lets the world go to hell in a handbasket cause you want to go along with stupid insane shit so you can be liked.
>>
>>18249714
"shut the fuck up"

works 100% of the time
>>
>>18249714
People who use the word "retard" outside of the dictionarys use honestly just remind me of idiotic middle schoolers. Learn some new words for fucks sake, it stopped being funny a long time ago, along with shouting out "penis".
>>
>>18249821
shut the fuck up.
>>
>>18249824
You sure showed me lol!
>>
>>18249821
Who says it to be funny?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>18249850
By funny I meant edgy. And for some people those things are synonymous. I mean honestly OP, it's not that hard to use a different word if you want to keep friends who are offended by it. Or just find new friends who enjoy quoting family guy and Deadpool as much as you do. Whatever works for you m8.
>>
>>18249857
elitism is the new edgy
>>
>>18249865
I just don't see the point in holding onto a word that's going to alienate you from others unless you're edgy and need the attention.
>>
>>18249868
I don't see the point in holding on to people that are going to alienate you for saying a word.
>>
>>18249869
Fair enough. But if op wants to be "well liked", he best learn when to not say a word and when to say a word.
>>
>>18249714
Try calling someone gay in front of a fat sjw cunt.
>>
>>18249865
New?

Nobody, including OP, said he's trying to keep friends. He may just be trying to maintain posture in public and not want to immediately apologize because someone smelled a bad word. Sure, it may be seen as rude, but so are a lot of other things people talk about in open conversation. You don't see us going, "that's degenerate" as a response.
>>
>>18249872
thats not being well liked, that's having your mask be well liked. it will never fuflill whatever reasoning makes OP have being well liked as a goal. OP should understand that being well liked is an organic thing and can't be forced any more than you can force yourself to be someone else.

now if OP just wants to replicate, or create a sense that he is well liked then by all means.
>>
>>18249827
see! it works
>>
>>18249878

This 100%, I have so many masks in public that I can't get through the day without lying for the sake of being "well liked" and now I'm too deep in the hole to stop.
>>
Where is this even a meme? I'm a professional and my peers say 'retarded' in the workplace when they fuck something up all the time. I've never even heard of anyone getting offended by it except in distant memes. OP do you live in commiefornia?
>>
>>18249878
That's retarded.

No, seriously, it is. The idea that changing your behavior a teeny tiny amount means you're not being "genuine", that it's not the "real you", is shit that most people grow out of when they're teenagers. Nobody blabs every stupid thing that pops into their head and making reasonable concessions to social acceptability doesn't make you a faker.

If you say something that inadvertently offends someone, the right response is, "I'm not sure I agree with that, but I'm sorry I offended you. I won't say it around you again." And then don't. It doesn't make you a pussy. It makes you a reasonable, civil adult.

That's assuming they're also a reasonable person and not a self-righteous bully who pulls shit like that all the time, but if they are, why are you even hanging out with them?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.