[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/. Any doctor fags in the house? Im a carpenter, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/.
Any doctor fags in the house?

Im a carpenter, and about a month and a half to 2 months ago i had my ring finger point crushed at work by a 250lb roll of weather membrane just below the middle joint.

It hurt like a mother fucker, but i kept working. It hurt mildly to use for 2 days then it was all good.

However 2 months later, theres still a bump, and it hurts just as much as it did day one but only if i touch it. It has full range of movement and does not hurt to use.

What did I do to it? Should i ask a doctor in person?
>>
Anon, are you sure it didn't hit you in the head?

>What should I do???

Go see a fucking doctor.
>>
>>18249522

Theres a bit of emotion involved here. Making 2-3k a week after tax and that is not common or long lasting in my industry. We tend to suck this work up to survive the constant potential of long lay offs.

Im not making an excuse or giving you a good reason here..

Just an explanation as to why a doctor can be scary to us because they can put you out of work for awhile..

Like it doesnt hurt at all and it bends and moves as it should. Its just when i actually go out of my way to touch it does it hurt.
>>
>>18249532
Would you rather be broke or would you rather lose your finger?
>>
>>18249509
Inflamation could be anything from mild to severe go doctor
>>
>>18249535
Ok. Ill go tomorrow.

Are you a doctor or have some kind of insight into this though?

At this point im just curious as to what i might have done.
>>
>is there anyone who can perform surgery on me via fax machine

I'm the dude you're looking for. I'll just need you to sign a contract that says absolutely-anything which goes wrong is your own damn fault for getting your healings from an anonymous imageboard.
>>
>>18249545
Clearly not asking for someone to heal me here. If anything looking for affirmation that i need to do something Because yeah.. A lot on the line here.
>>
>>18249509
You probably broke it. I crushed one of my fingers, ringer finger too actually, at work with like 30lbs and it was enough to break my finger. The piece of metal I was working with was literally 7-8" off the ground when it fell and smashed my finger on the concrete floor, but yeah that was enough to break it. I kept working for the rest of the day until my supervisor noticed because my finger swelled up and was super purple. So they made me go to the clinic where I got x-rays and they told me I broke it. I went home and went to the gym. Kept working like nothing happened and working out. Point I'm making is you can pretty much have full range of movement and function with only a slight bit of pain.

After two months though you're already healed up. It only takes like 5-6 weeks to heal. The bump is probably cause it healed improperly. I have that problem with one of my toes. I broke it, went to the doctor and he fixed it and I broke it again and never went back. Now it doesn't bend all the way.

I work with my hands too though so I was more worried about fucking my hands up because it's how I make a living. But like I said, your finger has already healed if it's been two months. If anything they might be able to break it and re-set it. Otherwise you run the risk of getting arthritis sooner than later in your current state. You'll probably get it anyway if you work with your hands though and you've suffered trauma to them.
>>
>>18249554
Thanks, that was the detailed answer I was hoping for.

Thing is it didnt swell that much. It indented pretty nicely, and this only became a bump later.

Anyways ill be checking with a doctor to see what they say. Thanks man.
>>
>>18249545
lmaoo
>>
>>18249588
>>18249545
Fuck off tards he was being completely reasonable but you just have to be autistic
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.