[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had to move back in with my parents after 4+ years of independence.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1422006247009.jpg (8KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
1422006247009.jpg
8KB, 249x202px
I had to move back in with my parents after 4+ years of independence.

It's been 22 days and I'm miserable but I've found solace in buying frivolous things for myself.

>new doorknob with a built in lock (parents have no respect)
>standing fan (hot as fuck in here)
>plug-in air fresheners (obviously)

What else will make my time here less painful?
I have the basics (tv, bed, computer, etc.).
>>
>>18249486
Why are you buying frivolous things? Save your money to regain independence!
>>
>>18249496
I may have used the wrong word.

These are things that are just going to make me not want to end my life.

I'm not trying to get a lava lamp but a compact fridge seems worth it to decrease visits to the kitchen. Like that.
>>
>>18249496
Rent is a monthly expense. If he's not buying dozens of stand fans per month then it probably doesn't add up to rent.

Do you really need to trouble a stranger over the fact the economy is still stone cold dead and people are walking home empty handed after loyal and diligent service? Give your ego-fap a rest for a while.
>>
>>18249486
You didn't need to move back in with them OP. You chose to. You need to toughen up mentally, and get to work, make a long term plan to get the hell outta there.
>>
I lived independently from 18-25, then spent 25-27 at my parents house with my wife because we moved back to the area, got new jobs, and wanted to save as much money as possible.

Get out and go do stuff outside of the house. Simple shit that's free. Go for a walk, get exercise spend as little time as possible milling around your parents house, and stay out of their way and business. Set up your budget and save your money. Work hard and grit your teeth. Be friendly and respectful to your parents and walk away from conflicts with them. You only need a plan/goal and then put your head down and accomplish it.

2 years and I had saved down payment money and now we're in our own house. Feels good.
>>
>>18249486
income stocks
>>
I wish I was you, OP. Been living out of home for 4 years and I'd do anything to live back with my folks and just pay board and save up to buy my own house. Having 50 dollars left after all bills are paid each fortnight I feel dehumanised.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.