[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>So anon tell me about your hobbies and interests outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

>So anon tell me about your hobbies and interests outside of work.
Holy fucking shit what do you care? I'm here to wagecuck in your company and I don't really think it's any of your business and corporate interest to know that I just play vidya in my underwear with cheeto stains all over me during the weekends.
>>
>>18247903

Knowing you'll be a culture fit is an important part of you being in my office. We do things outside of the office, we communicate with other businesses, and you're a representative of my company when you leave the office at the end of the day.

That's why I need to know you're not a wasteful sack of shit outside of the job and can at least pretend to have some damn hobbies.
>>
If you have some sort of sport or hobby that you're in, it shows a certain amount of dedication and skill - perhaps even something that can come in handy at work, depending on what you do.

If you go skydiving on the weekends, it shows that maybe they shouldn't hire you and rely on you as you're bound to splat on the ground eventually and not show up for work on Monday.

If you have family or pets, it shows that you have a support network, and are capable of dealing with responsibilities.

If you like killing stray cats with a BB gun, it shows that you might upgrade to killing irritating co-workers with a real gun, and that can put a damper on business.

So the things you do for fun, while they seem like nobody's business but your own, can tell an employer something about you. Obviously only share what you want, but if you have something you really care about besides gaming in your boxers and eating cheetos, it could help you get the job. I wouldn't make anything up unless you have enough knowledge and bullshit game on the subject to back it up, though.
>>
>>18247903
It's because a dude whose hobbies are Jiu Jitsu, learning languages, and oil painting is probably more driven and focused than a dude who spends all his time shoving shit into his mouth while frying his brain on a tv screen.
>>
>>18247903
You need to appear like a normie. Im like you
>"If i gave you 1000 dollars right now what would you do"
>"idk probably drugs and alcohol...i mean concert tickets, yeah.."

Its meant to be like part ice breaker apart from all the corporate questions, part to see how quick you are on your feet, and to learn a little about yourself
>>
>>18247903

Is saying you like building robots and other gizmos a good answer, or is it just weird as fuck?
>>
>>18247903
>I play games
I'm interested in science and technology
>I watch animu
I'm interested in oriental culture
>>
>>18247903
I work in HR for a major company.

If you get as far as an interview, we've already decided you're capable of doing the job. The main point of an interview is to see if we'll be able to stand working alongside you every day - to see, as someone put it more politely, if you will fit in with the corporate culture.
>>
>>18247967
>We own you, body and soul, so you're always working for us even when you're pursuing your own interests off the clock
Fuck off and take your slavery with you.
>>
Interviews are a game of how well you can bullshit. They like 'manly' hobbies, and 'social' hobbies. Sports is a good one for the vapid normie crowd, as well as hiking, woodworking, keeping animals, common vacation spots, anything that really sells the BS image of a "go-getting" "type A personality" individual.

All of it nonsense armchair psychology from insecure people who bought the scam artist self help books and went to the productivity seminars. Your hobbies don't fucking make you, anyone who says this is lying to themselves and pathologically at that.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.