[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you stop wishing your were pretty and stop obsessing about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: not-good-enough.jpg (23KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
not-good-enough.jpg
23KB, 240x200px
How do you stop wishing your were pretty and stop obsessing about your big nose and short stumpy legs and saggy tits?
>>
Oats and squats
>>
>>18247739
What about the face? Do you recommend saving up and getting surgery?
>>
>>18247739
How does a big butt make up for all the things wrong with me?
>>
>>18247728
I don't give a shit about noses. I don't give a shit about short legs cause I'm a short guy who kinda likes women even shorter than me. I don't care that much about the shape/form of your boobs either.

For real just take care of yourself the best you can. Don't eat a ton and get really fat, smile a decent amount, have some energy, have passion. Be genuinely nice and considerate, use your head so as to seem "smart". Those are the things I look for. And they're all in control of you. The point I am making though, is not that you should be what I want you to be, but that there are things in your control and if you focus on those you will not be as insecure. I sure as hell do not like being a short man, but it is what it is.
>>
>>18247757
>cause I'm a short guy who kinda likes women even shorter than me.
Good point because this leads to the question: Why do we need to look good? Who do we need to look good for? Who decides what looks good?
>>
>>18247774
bump
give me answers as well
>>
>>18247757
This basically.
>>
>>18247745
some guys (like me) love a good ass. that can easily make up for shitty titties

hows your face tho
>>
just slut the pain away
>>
>>18247774
I don't know any truly ugly people. Ugly is a strong word, IMO. It implies not only physical unattractiveness, but bad body language, lack of personal hygiene, and a shitty attitude. This might sound cheesy but a smiling person looks much more pleasant regardless of other things.

Looking good is something you do for yourself, usually to improve your self esteem. But you're not obligated to follow any certain rules. I personally like women who are not covered in tats and piercings. That isn't to say women with those things "look bad", it's a personal preference. I try to keep my hair cut short, beard trimmed a decent amount, and keep from gaining a ton of weight in fat because I do feel I look good that way, but honestly, I see a lot of chubby or overweight people I think look perfectly fine.
>>
>>18247728
stop being so self obsessed, nobody cares about your flaws as much as you do.
Self hatred is another way of thinking about yourself all day, the world is so much bigger than you and you don't show interest in it.
Thinking about this all the time is the same as a stacey being vapid. Grow up or admit you're as bad as they are.
>>
>>18247809
Funny because I'm physically incapable of smiling.
And why do we need to change the definition of ugly? some people are actually unattractive, let's be honest
>>
>>18247816
not him but im gonna be honest
no people are "actually unattractive" unless you're talking about someone who lacks personal hygiene
but that's just me
>>
>>18247816
Good point. Maybe I'm just not seeing it. People tell me I'm "good looking" fairly often and I'm not sure what that even means. To me I would say no, I'm not ugly, but to say I'm "good looking" feels odd. I would say there's actually far more attractive guys than me, by virtue of being taller and more muscular alone.

>>18247810
Eh, plenty of attractive people don't doubt themselves that much. They know they're pretty hot, and if they nitpick something about themselves, it's because their obsession with their own physical attractiveness is what makes them look so good in the first place. It's kinda the same with a lot of artists, they are very critical of themselves even if a bunch of other people say their work is excellent.
>>
>>18247827
Would you be willing to be in a relationship with literally anyone (or at least anyone of the sex/gender you want) if their personality matches you, regardless of what they look like? Would you have sex with them?
>>
>>18247827
I know people with odd things going on with their bodies, hair loss etc. that could stand out as unappealing. But then they pile on top of their "issues" by dressing like shit and refusing to shower. And I just wanna be like, if you're losing hair, shave it off and rock a bald look. Wear clothes that fit, and don't get fuckin huge and fat. Brush your teeth twice a day, shower and always have good body language. For an overwhelming majority of people this is enough to "look good", IMO.
>>
>>18247830
what would convince you you're attractive?
>>
>>18247728
Try seeing a therapist about body dysmorphia. That's my best advice. They're the people best equipped to help you.
>>
>>18247840
I honestly don't know. Being validated by beautiful women, being asked to model, being hit on far more often maybe. I should just accept that I'm at least fairly attractive, considering I've had women tell me to my face I'm cute/handsome/beautiful. But in the media the "hot guys" are always tall and white and muscular, which I'm not. I could of course, become muscular, but I'd never be tall and white. I'm a bit of perfectionist, and perhaps lack self esteem, which is probably the real issue.
>>
>>18247841
Not OP here but I've been seeing a therapist about this for 2 years and he said that I need to get laid and pretend in my mind whatever I want (for example that my body is different) and that I should stop caring about how other people view me.
But I still feel unconfortable looking for sex while looking like something I hate. And I don't like "accepting" myself, I feel like I need to change myself first.
>>
>>18247834
YES
but sex makes me uncomfortable and I dont really like close contact with anyone unless its someone who loves me unconditionally no matter how I look
>>
>>18247850
that sounds like a really shitty therapist.
>>
>>18247942
I guess, but even though I don't want to do what he says I can't think of an alternative or a reason to actually think he's "wrong" about that
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.