[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd never say it, but if my boyfriend leaves me I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ok28z8bN241tb41voo1_1280.jpg (81KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok28z8bN241tb41voo1_1280.jpg
81KB, 1080x1080px
I'd never say it, but if my boyfriend leaves me I'll kill myself. I was already going to do it when we met, and he became my reason not to. I want to be around him and I don't want to hurt him, so I live.

Is that unreasonable of me? It makes me feel like an awful girlfriend.
>>
It sounds like you have issues. Why did you exactly wanted to kill yourself at first? or just no reason to live?
I mean, he would be worried if he knew it but is your own life and you can do it if you want, that doesn't mean you are selfish
>>
It doesn't make you an awful girlfriend. It makes you a confused human being. A boyfriend is not a therapist. It's a simple truth but many people have troubles accepting it. A boyfriend or a girlfriend is not a substitute for a therapist. If you have depressive tendencies and suicidal thoughts then you need to talk to a therapist. Being in a relationship is not treatment. Not being in a relationship should not be a reason to kill yourself. You need help but you're not looking at the right place. You need professional help. Talk to a therapist.
>>
>>18247141
You are asking wrong question. Try better one:
>how do i solve my mental issues which makes me want to kill myself?

And to do that you can either seek proffesional help or write your life story here.
>>
What you have is severe depression, and it should be treated like any other illness. By visiting a psychiatrist you can get a prescription on drugs that will help you feel normal.

Feeling normal means that even on a bad day, where you feel frustrated or sad, you never think of suicide. But on a good or normal day you feel good and normal, you feel quite the opposite, living is actually exciting and rewarding.

Never depend on another person to be happy. Seek for help now before it's too late, your life is too precious, we get to be born out of a million in one chance, your boyfriend is not worth your life, you are worth so much more, so please, just go seek help and you'll look back and see how it was the right choice to make.

One of my best friends took his own life and, let me tell you, all the people in your life that love you and care for you will be scarred for life. I can never really get over his death, and so will the people in your life. Everyone has people who loves you, I know you do, so please, don't do it, seek help, you can do it.
>>
This sounds very serious. I think you need to seek professional help. If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts your relationship and boyfriend are the least of you worries. Talk you parents, talk to a therapist or psychiatrist. xx

Please x
>>
>>18247141
No man or woman has to live with a partner so incredibly needy that they would kill themselves if they left the depressed partner.
>>
the fact that you're even talking about suicide with strangers leads me to believe you're not really serious about it.

If you were really serious you wouldn't tell anyone who then might interfere with the act. you're just lonely and desperate for attention, ie your boyfriend, strangers on the internet, anybody.
>>
>>18247332

This. You don't want to die, you want someone to care about you. But you want to force them to care, so you pull the suicide ploy to make them want to keep you alive.

Get help. You probably have parental issues, and extremely low self esteem for some reason.
>>
>>18247332
>>18247338
Why do people who don't know anything about suicide or depression try to give advice about it?

It's very common for suicidal individuals to tell people about it, particularly strangers where there's no chance of it getting back to e.g. their SO or family. Even people who are legitimate suicide risks are often of two minds about it; even if part of them wants to kill themselves, they don't WANT to want it, if that makes sense.

Stop talking about things you don't understand.

Regardless, the second post is correct - OP certainly should seek professional help, immediately.
>>
>>18247357

>why do people who don't know anything about suicide or depression try to give advice about it

Why do people assume no one knows about suicide or depression, as if it is an emotion that only the victim can feel and no one else ever has?

Why do people assume that no one has ever helped anyone else who has ever had depression or suicidal tendencies?

It's like, I dunno, I might have dated someone who had this very same kind of ideal. That she would kill herself I ever left her. And yet we broke up twice, and she's currently married to someone else.

So yeah, I dunno what I'm talking about.
>>
>>18247383
>So yeah, I dunno what I'm talking about.
Yes, that's right. You DON'T know what you're talking about. You think you do, but you don't. The fact that you dated somebody who claimed to be suicidal and turned out not to be means absolutely fuck all. It is one anecdote. Meaningless unless we're specifically having a conversation about your ex.

The fact that somebody talks about suicide doesn't mean they're not a real suicide risk. End of story. You were wrong for saying that.
>>
>>18247399

I'll give you a big hint: the people who are suicide risks DON'T talk about it. People who do aren't suicidal. They're attention-hungry.
>>
>>18247404
You are simply wrong, and no amount of repeating yourself is going to make what you're saying true.

This is why anyone with any actual training in this is instructed: always take ALL talk about suicide seriously. It's a good rule. Yes, it means you'll occasionally call 9/11 on somebody who wasn't a serious risk, but that's a small price to pay to ensure that nobody will ever kill themselves because you wrongly assumed they were just being manipulative or crying for attention. Somebody talking about it doesn't mean they won't go through with it. That happens literally every day.

It is also worth noting that some "suicide attempts" that AREN'T "real" (in the sense that they're not meant to end in death) can still be deadly, and result in permanent harm to the body even if they're not. Sleeping pill ODs are a good example of this.

What you are saying is both wrong and dangerous. Stop trying to talk about this.
>>
>>18247456

And you, the trained psychologist with a degree in don't-kill-yourselfology will tell everyone the right thing to do. To tell everyone who has said "I want to kill myself" that they are special, and don't deserve to feel the way they do. That they should be reported each time they say "I should just die" and that means there will be a lot of falsehoods and unnecessary calls to calm down the teenager who thinks that their favorite boy band breaking up is the best reason to end their own life.

I am taking this seriously. If she wants to kill herself, no amount of anyone telling her anything will change that. If she wants to die, it'll happen.

The fact that she's here, on 4chan, telling anonymous strangers that she wants to end her life before she met her boyfriend, and only clings to life because he wants her to, tells me that she's probably not even real, let alone serious.

Does she self-harm? How long has the behavior been going on? How long has it been since she first wanted to end her life? Why?

No one knows, it's just all of us playing guessing games to some face behind a screen who may not even be real. And without knowing this person or having any idea of what's going through her head, you want me to take her at face value, just like I have all the other countless times from dozens upon dozens of men, women, and children who have said that they wish they were dead when all they really mean is "I wish someone loved me."

Yeah, okay. You go ahead and take care of her then, tell her she needs to keep on living and seek a professional because her life is important and special and she deserves to be treated with decency and respect.

I'll keep saying "if you were going to do it, you would have done it already. And I'm not goading you into doing it, I'm trying to get you to look at the fact that you don't actually want to die. You just want someone to care. That's why having a boyfriend stopped you."
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.